Manga you wish would be turned into an anime

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Moonstone » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:49 am

I'd love to see Imadoki be turned into an anime.And Tsubasa.Or XXXHolic.Or both XD
"I fire magic missles into the darkness!"-8 bit theatre.
"Zeeky boogy doog!...BOOM!" :dance:
Moonstone

Postby Rocketshipper » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:08 pm

Of course any animes based on CLAMP manga would be nice. Suki, Wish, Clover, Legend of Chun Hyang (that right?), Tsubasa. I'd also like them to make a Tokyo Babylon TV series. The OVA was good, but I want to see the whole story animated, and it would make sense, because they made a TV series out of X.

For everyone who said XXXHolics, I've heard that they are planning a movie for 2005. A friend who's spending a college semester in Japan said it's been confirmed, although I don't know if I should believe him ^^. But I hope it's true.

The one manga I would REALLY love to see turned into an anime would be Peach Girl. That manga series rocks.
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby MomoAdachi » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:46 am

-Peach Girl
-Cyber Idol Mink
-The World Exists For Me
MomoAdachi

Postby Puguni » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:40 pm

Peach Girl is an anime now. In Japan.

So, since the anime industry in Japan is pretty good at making popular mangas into anime, I'd say all my dreams in this area are coming true. XD

...and I believe this is a grave dug thread. D'oh >M<
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:46 pm

Yotsubato.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby MomoAdachi » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:35 pm

Puguni wrote:Peach Girl is an anime now. In Japan.

So, since the anime industry in Japan is pretty good at making popular mangas into anime, I'd say all my dreams in this area are coming true. XD

...and I believe this is a grave dug thread. D'oh >M<

Wow! I didn't know! I really need to spend more time on fan sites and less time hanging out in the manga aisle at B&N. I feel like sort of a bad fan, though. :( Oh well, anyway. You just made my day. (crosses fingers) Please, please, PLEASE, onegai, onegai, ONEGAI be licensed! Not too fond of fansubs/fandubs!
MomoAdachi

Postby Wild Eagle » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:08 pm

I would love to see an anime based on the manga The Legend of Chun Hyang. I think it would be pretty cool. :thumb:

I honestly wish CLAMP continued with the series though...
"Have mercy on me O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion, blot out my transgressions" Psalm 51:1

"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth, you will again bring me up." Psalm 71:20

"An eye for an eye, will only make the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Wild Eagle

Postby Doubleshadow » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:53 pm

Imadoki, Aria, and W Juliet.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:57 pm

I once posted in this thread, but I've changed my opinions slightly.

1) Parfait Tic
2) Death Note
3) Yotsuba&
4) Imadoki
5) The second half of Furuba.

Doubleshadow wrote:Imadoki, Aria, and W Juliet.

*POOF!* Your wish is now granted. Aria is an anime. (Actually, it has been since six months or so ago.) :hug: From what I understand, it's been licensed.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Debitt » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:00 pm

D.Gray-man, D.Gray-man, D.Gray-man...*nervous and obsessive twitching*

I wouldn't mind seeing a 2nd season of Tactics, too, since after vol. 7 (the anime seems to have cut action at vol. 6) we see a bit of a shift in Haruka and Kantarou's relations...>_> It'd be kinda interesting to see animated. Provided they follow the manga a touch closer.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby pillar_anime7 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:13 pm

I haven't read much manga but the one manga that I would love to see become an anime would definitely be Eyeshield 21. I've only read the first chapter of the manga (Thank you Shonen Jump) and I'm wanting more. We need more manga with American football in it.
Simple arithmetic:
FF7 + World War II games = overrated
freedom + things we're lucky to have = taken for granted
manga + anime = a very happy person
Salvation + Jesus' Sacrifice = Eternal Life
a village - its idiot = a lot of smart people
(more to come)

Words of wisdom:
"Who's more foolish: the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

"Sometimes Justice is a (insert item here)!" - Kato Kaelin

"You wouldn't lie to a judge with a baseball bat, would you?" - Extreme Akim

"For as low as you go, ask God to take you that high." - Tyler Perry

"I had the right to remain silent...I just didn't have the ability." - Ron White

"Your trademark is stupidity!" - Mr. T

"Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them." - Obi Wan Kenobi

"If you can't be good, be good at it." - my uncle
(more to come)

Shout-outs:
SaintKevin, Yahshua, and Lunis, you guys rock!; Pillar, Kutless, 12 Stones, Skillet, and Falling Up for rocking hard, and Jesus Christ for being my Rock! :rock:
pillar_anime7

Postby PigtailsJazz » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:30 pm

I think I would greatly appreciate the rest of Kodocha being released on DVD over here in the states...
PigtailsJazz

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:46 pm

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a 2nd season of Tactics, too, since after vol. 7 (the anime seems to have cut action at vol. 6) we see a bit of a shift in Haruka and Kantarou's relations...>_> It'd be kinda interesting to see animated. Provided they follow the manga a touch closer.

Oh, I second this motion!

*demands a sequel to the acid trip episode!*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby EricTheFred » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:21 pm

Someone needs to go back and retry "Birdy the Mighty". Maybe with less fan-service, though. The very short OVA series had serious potential, but was only four episodes.
I understand the never-released-in-English manga had a considerably longer storyline.

I too would love to see Yotsuba& (Yotsubato.) Hopefully handled by the same crew that did the Azumanga Daioh anime.

A very new manga, "Her Majesty's Dog" looks like it would do well in Anime form.

And finally, (this is a seriously LONG long-shot): there was an entrant into the first "Rising Stars of Manga" amerimanga contest named "Trickster". Didn't win, and I don't know of any other episodes published, but MAN would that premise have made a good Anime. And the artist's style, although rough, had a nice dynamic feel to it (and GREAT layout.)

From the same round, "Van Von Hunter" did go on to be turned into a series, and could potentially have some gas as Animation. Both of these are American publications, though, so I don't think there's much of a chance. Oh well...
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Maledicte » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:37 pm

Immortal Rain. Because then maybe they'd actually finish it.
Maledicte

Postby Lady Macbeth » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:07 pm

SirThinks2Much wrote:Immortal Rain. Because then maybe they'd actually finish it.

Not necessarily - Yami no Matsuei was made into an anime, but the anime series cuts off at Volume 8 of the manga, because the manga series is not finished and is not expected to ever be finished.

A good chunk of my manga collection I would like to see made into anime. XD I love my manga series so much better than most of the anime I have.
Toto, I don't think we're in Oz anymore...

I'm a woman - when I'm lost, I ask for directions.

Genjyo Sanzo: Banishing Stupidity, One Idiot at a Time
Lady Macbeth

Postby meboeck » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:02 am

I would like to see "Swan" as an anime but it will never happen for many reasons.

1. It's OLD. It took over 20 years to get to the US.
2. It's about dance, and it would take insane amounts of effort to draw entire dances. Unfortunately, the idea of animating dance is pretty impractical without computer graphics. T.T
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Taka » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:02 pm

Icarus wrote:Lament of the Lamb would rock,

I very much agree!! Go lotl
And I'll stop this pretending that I can
Somehow deserve what I already have
I need You to love me
Barlow Girl
Taka

Postby rocklobster » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:52 pm

• Yotsuba&!, especially if JC Staff did it, like they did with Azumanga.
  • Wish (it's SO CUTE! it should at least be an OVA since it's so short)
  • Please Save My Earth (I know it's been done before, but the first time barely scratched the surface. At least, that's what I've read.)
rocklobster

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:11 am

Yotsubata, like what rocklobster said.

Even more, I want 20th Century Boys and Death Note to be an anime. The latter is going to be a Live Action movie though.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby MasterDias » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:37 pm

pillar_anime7 wrote:I haven't read much manga but the one manga that I would love to see become an anime would definitely be Eyeshield 21. I've only read the first chapter of the manga (Thank you Shonen Jump) and I'm wanting more. We need more manga with American football in it.

There is an Eyeshield 21 anime. It's currently running in Japan.

Even more, I want 20th Century Boys and Death Note to be an anime. The latter is going to be a Live Action movie though.

I don't really think Death Note would work as an anime. It would work as a movie. It might work as a short OVA. But, seriously speaking, it has too much talking and not enough action to work as a TV anime.

The average viewer is not going to want to tune in each week and watch several people play mind games with each other for 25 minutes.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews