The most awesome manga and why it is so

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:14 pm

Love Hina. It was the first series I actually got into alot. I am a huge fan of Ken Akamatsu's art and quirky sense of humor which I try and project into my art and humor.

Kare Kano. I like the blend of humor, angst, romance, and the problems of everyday life. I love how each character visibly changes from being a bug to a full-bloom flower.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: The artwork in this series is just phenominal. As well, this and Naruto were the first manga I bought. As well, being a fan of the Eva philosophy, I love the dialouge and the ideals shown into this series.
Hitokiri

Postby EricTheFred » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:44 am

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:I bought volumes 1-3, and I still found azumanga daioh funnier

After having compared notes with a few other older Manga readers, I have come to the conclusion that Yotsuba& gets a lot funnier as you get older. It doesn't seem to matter whether you are a parent or not, but it does seem to appeal to adults more than teenagers.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:11 pm

EricTheFred wrote:After having compared notes with a few other older Manga readers, I have come to the conclusion that Yotsuba& gets a lot funnier as you get older. It doesn't seem to matter whether you are a parent or not, but it does seem to appeal to adults more than teenagers.

I wonder why that is. I mean don't get me wrong. I absolutely love Yotsuba. She is totally a naive and cute little rascal. I guess that is what makes it funny XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby MasterDias » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:32 pm

I read some of Yotsuba in the store. I can say why people like it, but the bit I read didn't seem that funny to me. I guess it has to do with tastes.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Arnobius » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:10 pm

Love Hina is one I'll remember as a classic. It was one I couldn't wait for the next volume to come out. I'll admit it ended weakly but I liked it all the same. Others I would put in my top 3 were Excel Saga and Azumanga Daioh.
Arnobius

Postby dreamhacker » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:58 pm

One Piece for sure! I love the attitude of Luffy, how when he recruits people to his crew it's not like they get to choose, it's Luffy's choice. And he can be so dumb. It's really funny! :D
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
dreamhacker

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews