The network TV: anime schedule and schedule changes thread!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:20 pm

For now RahXephon is scheduled to return on Friday night on AU.At least that is how the schedule was when I looked it up today.Have to recheck on Friday to make certain.
mitsuki lover

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:21 pm

Nausicca is dark? I can see Pom Poko as dark...but NAUSICCA?! O.o
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:43 pm

They started running the promotion for Spirited Away on Fridays.
mitsuki lover

Postby Sami_jane » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:42 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:I was at ANN earlier today and they announced that Cartoon Network will be airing the Miyazaki films starting with Spirited Away on Friday February 3,the schedule for the others was as yet unknown but the official Toonami site from which it was taken said they expected the darker ones such as Nausicaa and Princess Mononke to air on Adult Swim.

ya i saw that they have started the commercials for spirited away on friday
Sami_jane

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:16 pm

And don't forget that RahXephon also starts up again on Anime Unleashed.:)
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:05 pm

I rechecked the G4 schedule for Anime Unleashed yesterday and RahXephon is scheduled to be shown on Friday.
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:37 pm

Yes,one of the best mecha series is being rerun on AU.An interesting nit is that when Hiroko is injured in Movement One her blood is normal red color,but later
after Ayato returns and she's shot in the same shoulder is when she starts to bleed
Mulian blue.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:22 am

All times are Eastern Time!

AS lineup from 2-13-06 to 2-20-06

Note: New eps are in Bold

Monday Nights
12:30AM Fullmetal Alchemist (old eps, will start at ep. 26 Her reason)
1:00AM s-CRY-ed
1:30AM Lupin the 3rd
5:00AM Big O
5:30AM Gigantor

Tuesday Nights
12:30AM Inuyasha (New eps)

Wednesday Nights
12:30AM Samurai Champloo (new eps)

Thursday Nights
12:30AM Neon Genesis Evangelion (new eps)

Saturday nights
12:00AM Fullmetal Alchemist (new eps)
12:30AM Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2rd Gig (new eps)
1:30AM Cowboy Bebop

Toonami lineup from 2-18-06 thu 2-25-06

7:00PM Duel Masters
7:30PM Dragon Ball Z
8:00PM Naruto
8:30PM Zatch Bell
9:00PM Naruto
9:30PM One Piece
10:00PM Bobobobo Bo-Bobo

Note: Justice League Unlimited now takes over the spot for IGPX

Friday Nights

This would be am Sat morning

02-17-06
5:00AM .hack//Legend of the Twilight
5:30AM Yu Yu Hakusho (new eps)

2-24-06
05:00AM Gundam Seed
05:30AM Yu Yu Hakusho (new eps)

Note: .hack and Gundam Seed flip flop every other week.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby rocklobster » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:16 am

Yes! All-new Yyh! We Just Might Get The Ending On Cn After All!
rocklobster

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:50 am

Hey they put Big O back on...at 5 AM.:P
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:55 pm

It should read 2-18-06 through 2-25-06 since Toonami doesn't air on weeknights.
mitsuki lover

Postby Sami_jane » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:09 pm

i noticed now since FLCL is over they put the old FMA series back on in its place. also now since tonight is the last ep. of sCRYed they are just starting it over again. have you ever notice that it seems other than inuyasha CN really likes to replay FMA and sCRYed? oh well i guess that way you can see the eps that you missed out on for some reason
Sami_jane

Postby freerock1 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:43 am

Yojimbo wrote:Hey they put Big O back on...at 5 AM.:P

According to the conversation at Toonzone, this is the last week of it. Reportedly AS is replacing it with something else this weekend. AdultSwim.com hasn't made the change, so I don't know that it's definite (although I think they're a bit behind with some of their schedule changes on the site). But I just wanted to give you a heads-up that you might want to enjoy it while it lasts. ;)
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

:dance: Looking for a GOOD music mix? Check out these stations:
Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Location: In your computer speakers, if you're listening to ChargeRadio.com

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:46 pm

Inuyasha is new episodes as is Samurai Champloo and Neon Genesis Evangelion(at least as far as those of us who are watching it for the first time goes).I noticed that they didn't have the preview for next week's episode of Inuyasha yesterday.
As far as it goes,s-CRY-ed is only 26 episodes in length which is why we're back at the beginning.
RahXephon is continuing on AU Fridays at Midnight and 12:30.Last week was the introduction of Qoun and this week introduces Megumi.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:15 pm

[quote="freerock1"]According to the conversation at Toonzone, this is the last week of it. Reportedly AS is replacing it with something else this weekend. AdultSwim.com hasn't made the change, so I don't know that it's definite (although I think they're a bit behind with some of their schedule changes on the site). But I just wanted to give you a heads-up that you might want to enjoy it while it lasts. ]

Get your vcr's ready and tape the most action pack eps of Super Globetrotters and the Gary Coleman show starting this weekend at 5 am.

Oh boy, I can't wait for this. I feel so much of a rush over this that I may fall asleep at 5 am now!

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Sami_jane » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:56 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:Inuyasha is new episodes as is Samurai Champloo and Neon Genesis Evangelion(at least as far as those of us who are watching it for the first time goes).I noticed that they didn't have the preview for next week's episode of Inuyasha yesterday.
As far as it goes,s-CRY-ed is only 26 episodes in length which is why we're back at the beginning.
RahXephon is continuing on AU Fridays at Midnight and 12:30.Last week was the introduction of Qoun and this week introduces Megumi.

ya i noticed taht they didnt show the previews for inuyasha too. that made me kind of mad. lol especially when they cut it off at a point like that and you have to wait a week to see the next ep.
Sami_jane

Postby freerock1 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:41 am

Wingzero22 wrote:Get your vcr's ready and tape the most action pack eps of Super Globetrotters and the Gary Coleman show starting this weekend at 5 am.

AS has actually been pulling a few stealth schedule changes that aren't reflected yet on their website. Although most of the moves are comedy- more than action-related, they may directly impact the action block (especially the Saturday change).

- Starting this weekend, Venture Bros. leads off the Saturday block at 11PM (ET/PT). Boondocks reruns move to Thursday nights at Midnight (leading into NGE).
- Home Movies Mon-Wed at Midnight has apparently been pulled in favor of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. (And only a few weeks in... those HM reruns must have been tanking in the ratings.)
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:12 pm

I doubt that they would do anything to change the anime line up right now.For one thing they would get too many fans mad at them if they changed the 12:30-2
lineup on Mon.-Th. and from Midnight-2 on Saturday.
In any case one of the reasons why I am building my own DVD collection is that I don't trust TPTB at AS.
Though I would think we are safe until the finales of Inuyasha,FMA and GITS:SAC.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:20 am

For our Canadian friends... YTV is set to start running Case Closed as part of its Bionix block on Friday, April 7 at 10:30 PM. (Press release here)

From what I understand (largely off TZ discussion), Bionix is more targeted toward a teen audience. So hopefully CC will become more of a hit in Canada than in the States.

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:25 pm

btw:Does anyone know what happened to AU and RahXephon yesterday?
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:10 am

mitsuki lover wrote:btw:Does anyone know what happened to AU and RahXephon yesterday?

Which airing? It looked like the midnight Eastern showing was running fine, at least where I was at. I missed the first ep, but I caught part of the 2nd.

As far as the 3AM Eastern run (on the East Coast), that's been gone for a few weeks now. It apparently got pulled to make room for another showing of Star Trek: TNG. :(

For West Coast viewers, the 9PM run is gone. AU now only runs at midnight Pacific. (This only applies to cable viewers; it will be a little different if you live on the West Coast and have satellite.)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:44 pm

freerock1 wrote:Which airing? It looked like the midnight Eastern/9 Pacific showing was running fine, at least where I was at. I missed the first ep, but I caught part of the 2nd.

As far as the 3AM Eastern/midnight Pacific, that's been gone for a few weeks now. It apparently got pulled to make room for another showing of Star Trek: TNG. :(

One of us must be living in an alternative reality or something because AU
has been on at Midnight only for awhile now.It was still on Midnight on the
17th,and the last time I was at G4's Anime Unleashed homepage it was listed still has being on at Midnight.IF it has been pulled from midnight than something is rather strange because the version I saw was STILL on midnight as of the 17th of Feb. :shady:
Let me repeat:IT WAS ON MIDNIGHT PACIFIC TIME HAS LATE HAS
TWO WEEKS AGO!
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:17 am

It looks like G4 has launched a 2nd feed for viewers on the West Coast, so that instead of the whole country seeing the same thing, viewers in the Pacific time zone will see at 9PM Pacific the same thing viewers in the Eastern time zone saw at 9PM Eastern. This is something that a lot of the larger networks do (unless it's a news network like CNN or sports network like ESPN, where a large chunk of their programming is live and they pretty much have to run the same thing to the whole country at the same time).

(For cable networks, this generally only applies to people with cable; if you have Dish or DirecTV it will work a bit differently.)

So in my previous post, I should have said that AU is now running only Friday nights at midnight Eastern/Pacific. It's no longer running at 3AM Eastern, 9PM Pacific, or any of those other encore time slots. (I'm editing my previous post.)

Hope this makes sense. ;)

EDIT: Added national sports networks to my list of Eastern/Pacific split exemptions.

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:20 pm

Yeah,but they've been doing that for awhile now.Though it wasn't on last week at all.They ran Icons instead.X Play wasn't on either,and that comes on usually before
AU.When I tried to go back and look at the schedule they didn't have anything for
Friday up(this was on Saturday or Sunday).Will look at the schedule for this Friday
when it gets there on firday.
mitsuki lover

Postby Sami_jane » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:48 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:btw:Does anyone know what happened to AU and RahXephon yesterday?

well the episode i watched a girl got encased in a bunch of ice and turned the whole city into like a blizzard. but the dude in the robot ended up getting her out and savig the city

(you will have to bear w/ me on this horrible explanation of what happened in teh episode since it is the first time i have seen anything from this anime and dont know the characters names much less what the whole show is about. :P) so i guess in that case im not really much help. lol
Sami_jane

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:03 pm

Starting Monday on AS, Trigun will be back on AS at 1:30 am.

I should have the AS and CN schedule for March soon.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:29 pm

Wingzero22 wrote:Starting Monday on AS, Trigun will be back on AS at 1:30 am.

I should have the AS and CN schedule for March soon.

Wingzero22

Yes!! I love the Trigun anime, I was so sad when they took it away last time (several of my friends have yet to see the entire thing, so this is great!)! :thumb:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby rocklobster » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:00 am

The manga's 10 times better. The anime's ending stunk.
rocklobster

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:25 pm

Well goodbye to Lupin The Third for now then.I wonder what they plan on replacing SCRYED with since it has been running as many reruns lately as Lupin.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:01 am

A bit of bad news... As of this weekend, Anime Unleashed is off G4's schedule. So far they haven't officially announced it cancelled, but no word yet from G4 on AU's return.

More real stuff...
freerock1

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews