Yotsubato!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Yotsubato!

Postby suteki-san » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:38 pm

Has anyone read scanlations of this series? It apparently has the same artistic style as Azumanga Daioh (which of course both had be written\drawn by the same person) and the main character looks a lot like Chiyo-chan with green hair. I haven't read this one yet, but I heard somewhere that ADV Manga is going to release this one during the summertime. This should probably be a good addition to my manga collection, given the AD connection...
suteki-san

Postby Arnobius » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:45 pm

I've seen it. I have vol 1 in JP and saw 1-2 in scanlation [3 volumes in Japanese available] (now lost due to a computer crash and no longer available because of impending release).

I think this is a great series. One person described it as: What if Chiyo chan had a brain transplant and a younger version of Osaka was the donor. Yotsuba (the title Yotsubato means "Yotsuba and..." is a young girl who has moved into a neighborhood with her father (going deeper into that involves spoilers), next door to a home with three teenage daughters. The series involves the antics Yotsuba gets into. Some hillarious story arcs involve Yotsuba learning about the environmental perils of air conditioning, and one where she gets a squirt gun and starts imitating a gangster movie she was watching with her father...

Great series. I hope ADV doesn't botch it...
Arnobius

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:11 pm

GRAVEDUG'D!

Haha, I just bought volume 1 of this on Thursday. It's SO CUTE!! Haha, and it's hysterical! I think my favorite part was either the thing about the air conditioners, the neighbors meeting Jumbo, or Jumbo and Koiwai's "fight." Hahaha, it cracked me up!! Yotsuba is adorable, and it was SO funny when she ran away from Fuka, thinking she was a stranger. :lol: I love it!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Lynx » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:59 pm

lol yeah it's a really good series, with all the comedy of azumanga without the iffyness. i've read the first 3 volumes.
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:00 pm

I love this series. It's one of my new favorites. You might be interested in checking into this thread, Kaorries, since it contains a lot more discussion of Yotsuba&!:

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=21597
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby tokya_eve » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:41 pm

i absolutely love yotsubato! its so cute and really squeaky clean and i love it so much i wrote a report on it at school and got a 93 (grammar errors tee ^_^') :dance: :dance: :hits_self :hits_self
:dance: living in a sunny state of mind :dance:
tokya_eve

Postby Kisa » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:34 am

are there any more volumes coming out? last I saw was 3
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby termyt » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:14 am

I believe a fourth has been released in Japan, but no word on an US release yet.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby rocklobster » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:07 am

Does this have a storyline or is it just random stories like Azumanga?
rocklobster

Postby Rexman64 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:56 am

rocklobster wrote:Does this have a storyline or is it just random stories like Azumanga?

Nope, it's a full storyline.
Don't defrost the alligator.

Boy, you're gonna carry that weight, carry that weight a long time...
Rexman64

Postby Sai » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:13 pm

Whats the storyline?
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Rexman64 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:52 pm

Well, calling it a "storyline" wasn't quite the right choice of words... It's really just a bunch of short stories about the misadventures of a crazy little girl, with a little bit of continuity between chapters.
Don't defrost the alligator.

Boy, you're gonna carry that weight, carry that weight a long time...
Rexman64

Postby Sai » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:27 am

oh ok, thanks.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:24 pm

Yes! I love yoysubato! I got the first 3 volumes on friday
Mr. SmartyPants

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews