Anime Angels' Mangazine

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Anime Angels' Mangazine

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:43 pm

(I hope I posted this in the right place... ^_^; )

Those of you here who are members of Anime Angels likely already know this from reading Keely's newsletter today, but the first issue of Mangazine is now ready for purchase. Please show your support and check it out! ^_^ (Now that's the way to bring in a new year. :thumb: )

http://www.animeangels.net/order.php
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Kisa » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:51 pm

I got the email, looks pretty cool. Is it just fan written and drawn stuff though (in the magazine)? I washoping more for reveiws and stuff from a Christian perspective . . .
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:12 pm

I have a question: what's in it? I suppose I could do research and find out for myself, but my time is limited. Could someone familiar with Anime Angels help?

And yes, I'll call this an acceptable location.
uc pseudonym

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:23 pm

There are three versions available: a printed version, a CD version, and a PDF file version. Taken straight from the order page, all versions have the following:

[quote]Features:

Kioko & Jomei by Nicole Kiser
Andrea by Ryan Bradley
Remembering You by “Psychoâ€
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby wiggins » Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:55 am

I want to get it, but can't my parents say I already spend too much money on stuff like anime and I should save for rainy days. I do understand what they're saying but... I wish I could get it some other way...
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sat May 01, 2004 7:14 pm

Well, I've ordered and now have my copies of issues 1 and 2 and they both look great. :thumb: Have the rest of you gotten yours yet?

Edit: I should probably mention what's in issue 2 for consistency, since I did for issue 1. ^_^;

[quote]
[indent]Kioko & Jomei by Nicole Kiser
Andrea by Ryan Bradley
Remembering You [size=75]by “Psychoâ€
TheMelodyMaker

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:00 pm

Issue 3 is now out; and we now have some new artists on board this time around, one of them being our very own Inkhana. Check it out! ^_^

(I hope no one minds me bumping this thread whenever a new issue comes out.)
TheMelodyMaker

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:41 am

Go ahead.

Will all new issues feature the same artists and submissions? If you were to state which ones are in new issues it would probably make your posts far more worthy of admitted bumps.
uc pseudonym

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:39 am

You're probably right, UC. I don't know why I haven't been doing that; I did for issue 1 so I probably should for 2 and 3 as well. I edited my post about issue 2 to say what's in that one, and I'll mention what's in issue 3 right here:

[indent]Kioko & Jomei by Nicole Kiser
Andrea by Ryan Bradley
One Winged by Genevieve
[size=84]Dianos
by Jamie Davenport
Steelblood by Inkhana[/size]

Game & Anime Reviews by Phillip Hanan, Article: Pure of Heart - Revolutionary? by Rose, Anime Angels Art Submissions...and more!

[/indent]
TheMelodyMaker

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:15 am

With Keely's recent announcement about Anime Angels' closure, I figured this deserved one last bump. (And it'll be the last time I bump it up -- I promise.) If ever any of you were interested in buying any copies of any of the three issues, this is the time to do it -- before she eventually decides to discontinue them. It doesn't look like there's going to be an issue 4, either.
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Gypsy » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:31 am

Ok, thanks for letting us know. Much appreciated, and I think I'll go check that out right now.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:18 pm

That is a sad thing to hear (even second hand). Given that context, I will actually miss plugs to Anime Angels.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:44 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Given that context, I will actually miss plugs to Anime Angels.

Yeah, me too. I won't put you in the box for that one, MelodyMaker, ;)
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby lightningp » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:59 pm

Ok a little bit of updated news...............I want to say this...yes, go head buy the first 3 mangazenes and also get ready for #4 because there will be a revamped version of Anime Angels Mangazne coming out on January 2005. An all new version! And this is for real, not a rumor.

How do I know this...I am now the assistant editor of the mangazene and we have been working heavily behind the scenes to make sure the outreach still goes on and to bring to you quality Christian Manga in print. So you still get some updates about that in the next few months I may post some of them here as well as on the board @ Anime Angels.

Much love to all,
Shan ;)
Lightning Prophetess Online
www.lponline2k4.com
Psalms 127:1
Current Progress of LP:
Episode 4: 57% finished
Volume 2: (Planning stages)
Hype of Betrayal (Side Story): 10%- Script and cover art

AA Mangazene:
Issue 4 (finished)
Issue 5: In progress
lightningp

Postby Gypsy » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:07 pm

Alright, looking forward to it!
Gypsy

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:19 pm

Hey, thanks for updating, Shan! ^_^ I've been wanting to post some news that we have a new editor (Rose of 3xr) but kept forgetting about it.

Incidentally, I finally got my copy of issue 3 this week (roughly a month after ordering it) and it looks great. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby lightningp » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:47 pm

(The perpetual lurker has returned...)

Anime Angels issue #4 is now available for purchase! 44 whopping pages!! Check out more of it on the link

: http://www.lulu.com/content/96207

This will tell in much detail with which mangas that are in this issue. But just letting the link do the work here since we been so tired. Sorry for the long wait. It has been one labor of love but with God we got through it ;) . Prayefully Issue 5 wont be this long I promise you ;).

-Shan (your friendly neighborhood assistant editor)
Lightning Prophetess Online
www.lponline2k4.com
Psalms 127:1
Current Progress of LP:
Episode 4: 57% finished
Volume 2: (Planning stages)
Hype of Betrayal (Side Story): 10%- Script and cover art

AA Mangazene:
Issue 4 (finished)
Issue 5: In progress
lightningp

New Issue Release!

Postby Mave » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:50 pm

Hey everyone :grin:

Issue 6 is now available on Lulu.com. Visit [url]http://lulu.com/aa[/url] and pick Issue 2.3!

MANGAZINE CONTENT:

::GAME REVIEWS::
Feel the Magic
Wario Ware Touched!
Zatch Bell

::MANGA TITLES::
Full Armour BY Nikole J
Sadachi by Gabriel
Pencil Ninja By Will Holland
Guardian Angels by Phil Hanan
Kingdom Come by Mave [shameless plug :grin: ]
Hype of Betrayal By Shan
[color=Green](For previews of various featured manga titles, pls visit
http://www.animeangels.net/page.php?file=featuredmangas.php)
<-- EDIT: It needs updating though. :sweat: I've just realized this and will see that the updates are made soon. *nods*

::ARTICLES::
TACT - how to draw chibi
Contest Info
Bible study on Sex & Co-habitation vs. Purity and Marriage

[/color]
Printed: 92 pages (Jumbo Size), 6.0 x 9.0 in. (Trade Paperback), perfect-bound, black and white interior
Price: $7.09 (excluding S/H)

Rose, managing editor wrote:
Those on the mailing list include both faithful readers, supporters, and those who are within the same industry as us! It’s exciting to see some of who is on the list. I mean ^^ for those who are into comics, Christian comics, anime, etc. Those on the mailing list are kept up to date about what’s going on behind the scenes as well as what’s going on with others in the industry.

At any rate, we fell into a few cracks in the road, which I KNOW was the devil trying to mess things up for us. But we are still gonna push to get this issue to the upcoming convention, as well as reviewed by NewType Magazine. If you want more details on this you’ll have to join the mailing list ^_~

Please feel free to ask questions and give us feedback and support on this mangazine effort! We are working hard towards producing higher quality material, both art and content-wise for readers like you. But we will need your help in letting us know what you honestly think and want (especially if you purchased this mangazine before).

For example,
1) What could we add to make it more relevant and attractive to Christian readers?
2) If you wanted a Christian mangazine (think Shonen Jump), what would your expectations be?
3) Any other comments or constructive criticisms are welcomed. *nods nods*

- Mave ^^
Mave

Postby Token Asian » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:41 pm

I'll be buying it ASAP after Otakon (I hate getting packages when I'm on vacation)!
Goddess fan, anime blogger, and generally insane anime club officer.

Token Asian's Anime Blog - Visit my anime blog for weekly posts on the new AMG! TV series and other anime-related things.
Token Asian

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:52 am

Ah, thank you for the rather thorough post.

Mave wrote:
1) What could we add to make it more relevant and attractive to Christian readers?
2) If you wanted a Christian mangazine (think Shonen Jump), what would your expectations be?
3) Any other comments or constructive criticisms are welcomed. *nods nods*

- Mave ^^

1) In terms of the general market (not manga fans), color covers. People don't seem to like black and white, for some reason. Even most manga and manga periodicals utilize color.

2) I think what is most important for such a publication is to have a significant amount of manga (not practical at this point), and (more importantly) a consistent set of manga in every issue. Both are rather difficult because we're doing this as amateurs, not professionals.

3) Nothing in particular.
uc pseudonym

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:34 am

AAAAAAAH I wish I had a more steady source of income to order this!! *Siiiiigh* I needs a job...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Alice » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:37 am

Hey, was Shelter of Wings just a review, or actual manga in it? Thanks.
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Mave » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:16 pm

Shelter of Wings was part of the manga titles featured in the earlier issues of this mangazine (I can double-check which issue if you're interested). It has been discontinued since the authoress has other opportunities opened up to her.
Mave

Postby Ashley » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:18 pm

I can tell you guys for sure that there will be a CAA ad in an upcoming issue (and a GRG one ^^;; ) AND that the short manga Calbhach and I produced will be included eventually. Just FYI. ^^
Ashley

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:45 pm

Quick news: Issue 7 ready; PDF version free for download (if I've got my info straight).

That is all. :) *goes back to sleep*
TheMelodyMaker

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:27 am

Your info is straight, because I have downloaded it. There are a few errors (including a conversion problem that truncates my Bible study), but it is still worth downloading.
uc pseudonym

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews