Anyone going to Momocon?

Talk about anything in here.

Anyone going to Momocon?

Postby Android raptor » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:11 am

It's a FREE con on the Georgia Tech campus March 18-19. I think I'm going, and I'll be wearing the same thing I wore to AWA and Kunicon (after Momocon, I'm retiring the outfit) cause' I kinnda' dropped the ball on making a new cosplay (been busy). Anyway, for all you Georgia folks, are you going?
"Our prayer is that we do not become a monster, in order to defeat the monster." -Bono

"When a being suffers, there can be no moral justification for refusing to take that suffering into consideration." -Joaquin Phoenix
Android raptor

Postby shooraijin » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:15 pm

I don't know about here, but I think there were a few at Fans For Christ who were. ( http://www.fansforchrist.org/ )

You could ask there, there are a number of Georgians on that board.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Android raptor » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:50 pm

Hmm, Oro! might be going, since she lives in Georgia. I'll have to ask her...
"Our prayer is that we do not become a monster, in order to defeat the monster." -Bono

"When a being suffers, there can be no moral justification for refusing to take that suffering into consideration." -Joaquin Phoenix
Android raptor

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:02 pm

::thinks about planning a roadtrip out of this anime-repressed state (Louisiana) but rememebrs that he has a job and likes to be employed::

Sorry! I would love to, though!
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Myoti » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:14 pm

FREE?! O.O

I would so go... hmm...

Wait, Android Raptor is a Georgian?!
Myoti

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:54 pm

Due to the time of the year and stuff. I will not be able to go.

But I will be at AWA again, like every year.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Myoti » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:15 pm

When (what) is AWA?
Myoti

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:36 pm

Myoti wrote:When (what) is AWA?

Anime Weekend Atlanta

AWA

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby oro! » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:30 pm

Android raptor wrote:Hmm, Oro! might be going, since she lives in Georgia. I'll have to ask her...

Yep, I'm planning on coming. Who could pass up something that says free and anime? I would have a hard time doing so!
I might actually cosplay this time. Who knows? But I am not exactly a seamstress, so it might not happen...
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby unwritten101 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:00 am

I hate to ask this, but is anyone going who might be there Friday night? I missed pre-registration because I found out late, and they say there will be a limited number of tickets at the door. I was wondering if someone would be able to pick me up a ticket that I could get Saturday morning. I'm so embarassed to ask, but I would really like to go.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God and God in him. -1 John 4:7
unwritten101

Postby unwritten101 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:44 am

I'm so embarassed to have to ask this, but would anyone be going to Momocon Friday night? I didn't hear about it until very late so I missed pre-registration, but I would really like to go. I hear they will have a limited number of at the door tickets that might be gone Friday, so is there any chance someone going would be able to pick one up Friday that I could get Saturday morning? I'm so sorry to have to ask. :red:
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God and God in him. -1 John 4:7
unwritten101

Postby RidleyofZebes » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:07 pm

My cousin (TheLetterL) and his gf were planning on going, if my memory serves. Sadly, I have other engagements. However, I will be attending Kami-Con, a similar free anime convention on a college campus. :D
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:14 pm

Momocon is kind of free and kind of not now.

There will be some badges available for the weekend that are still free. They will likely run out fast. Not to mention the 5000 Free badges they gave away before hand on the website.

After the badges go, then you will have to pay to attend at this point after they run out of badges and I heard that its a $15.00 minimum.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Return to General