Gunslinger Girl 4!?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Gunslinger Girl 4!?

Postby everdred12a » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:53 am

Does anyone know if GG vol 4 will be coming out? I started buying the series a few months ago and got totally hooked (it reminds me of CCS but replace the cards with guns ^_^ PS - no offense to CCS. I like CCS!), but I had no idea I'd be waiting this long for #4...

everdred12a

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:12 pm

From what I hear, there is a ridiculous year between releases. With that said, I don't think you would probably even find a projected release date yet.

On the plus side, I try to stay pretty informed, and I haven't heard anything about the series being dropped.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby everdred12a » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:25 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the info. I had no idea - every time I checked the publisher's site, they'd have no news about it.

everdred12a

Postby Chiyocities » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:29 pm

Well volume 4 was released in Japan around late 2004, and the sixth volume was just released about a month ago. I'm guessing that ADV Manga will probably decide to translate the second half of the series when it enters it's completion.
Chiyocities

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:31 pm

Chiyocities wrote:Well volume 4 was released in Japan around late 2004, and the sixth volume was just released about a month ago. I'm guessing that ADV Manga will probably decide to translate the second half of the series when it enters it's completion.

So the manga is not completed, the the anime is? I finished Gunslinger Girls about a half-a-year ago.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Allegro » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:03 pm

The anime is complete. Though it may even be possible for a sequel if Madhouse was willing to finish with the second half of the manga. But I'll say the first season alone would be conclusive enough.
Allegro

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews