Kenshin, vol. 22!!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Kenshin, vol. 22!!

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:59 pm

Kyaaaa!!! I just finished reading this one! SOOO so cool!! I think I almost fell over when

[SPOILER=end of volume 22]Saitoh showed up again!!!! Eeekk, it's going to be SO AWESOME when he fights Momyoi!! Hahaha, the look on Sano's face was priceless. :lol: [/SPOILER]

The fight between Yahiko and Otowa was fantastic. I loved it!! Yahiko remains to be the coolest 10-year old ever. XD And it was nice that [SPOILER]the rest of the Kenshin-gumi got to see the Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki...That was awesome!![/SPOILER]

So, who else has read it? :grin:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Sai » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:14 pm

I have!! Saito is so awesome!
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:14 pm

I'm so ashamed. I bought Kaze Hikaru instead today. :3
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:15 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:I'm so ashamed. I bought Kaze Hikaru instead today. :3

Gasp, you should be SO ashamed. ;) Seriously though, next time you have cash...Wow, you've GOT to read this one!! :thumb:
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:35 pm

So you know Kaze Hikaru is about the Shinsen Gumi... Take a guess at what characters in it.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:02 pm

Oh wow, are you serious? I had no idea! :D Who's it written by? And...*takes a guess* Um...Saitoh Hajime and Okita Souji! Hope I'm right....:lol:

Kyaaa, so I just checked it out on shojobeat.com, and wow, it looks really great!! I very well may have to look into buying some of those...Awesome! :jump:

Radical Dreamer

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Yes! You should! Okita, Saito... A lot of the Shinsen Gumi featured in RK volume 7...
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:23 pm

Yeah! I noticed that Hijikata was on the list, too...Hee! But I also noticed on another site that there were 17 volumes, and it's still running in Japan...Why, oh, why must my income be drained so heartlessly? Haha! I really do think I'm going to give this one a try, though. It looks really interesting, and it'll be so cool to see the Bakumatsu from the other side, so to speak. That's great!

Radical Dreamer

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:06 am

According to ANN there are only 17 volumes. The sersi did start in 1997. Rouroni Kenshin's 28 volumes and took about four years...?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby That Dude » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:30 pm

I believe that Kenshin is 32 volumes actually. Anyway I recently got 22 and 3 of Death Note which is also excellent.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:50 pm

Bwah? Where'd you hear that? Kenshin is definitely 28 volumes, with a possible 29th volume, Yahiko no Sakabatou (Yahiko's Sakabatou). This is coming from someone who's been to a kajillion Kenshin sites, and they've all said 28...Maybe you're thinking of a different series? Besides, I can't see the Jinchuu Arc lasting more than 10 volumes...The Rurouni Arc only lasted for 6, and the Kyoto Arc was 10 as well, so I can only expect the Jinchuu Arc to follow suit. :)

Radical Dreamer

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:38 pm

Coming from someone who's read all 28 volumes, it's only 28 volumes.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:50 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:Coming from someone who's read all 28 volumes, it's only 28 volumes.

ROFL, thank you. :lol:

Radical Dreamer

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:58 pm

:thumb:
Shao Feng-Li

Postby MasterDias » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:17 pm

That Dude wrote:I believe that Kenshin is 32 volumes actually.

I think you are confusing this with Shaman King. It is 32 volumes.
Kenshin is 28, like the others said.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby That Dude » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:57 am

Alright I was wrong...Sorry. I'm sure I heard that it was thirty-two volumes somewherre though. Might have been from someone in a foriegn country...I believe I remember hearing someone from Italy saying it was thirty-two volumes out there. Can't remember for sure though.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Doubleshadow » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:51 pm

Read volume 22. I love how eloquent Kenshin can be, although I noticed a problem in the story.
[SPOILER] When Kenshin tears the dolls arm off with his sword, he supposedly does this through forcing the materials in the arm past their elastic limit. That works for the skin, but what about the steel cables? Watsuki must have forgot about them. [/SPOILER]
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:59 pm

Doubleshadow wrote:Read volume 22. I love how eloquent Kenshin can be, although I noticed a problem in the story.
[SPOILER] When Kenshin tears the dolls arm off with his sword, he supposedly does this through forcing the materials in the arm past their elastic limit. That works for the skin, but what about the steel cables? Watsuki must have forgot about them. [/SPOILER]

Well, I think the cables detached when the arm was stretching like that...At least, that's what I thought. XD At any rate, I love the scene where Kenshin is "complaining" about how often the arms spin...

Gein: Does it bother you?
Kenshin: A little.

Haha, I thought that was so funny for some reason...:lol: He's got such an attitude. Hahaha!

Radical Dreamer

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:03 am

Shh! You weren't suposed to notice that! ;)
Shao Feng-Li

Postby RoyTheSwordGuy » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:39 pm

Dude, Volume 22 was the haxx0r. I loved it all. Especially Mumyoi at the end. He looks SO much cooler and less Venom-like now.

The way Sano tricked Banjin into crossing his arms... brilliant. And did I mention pwn'd?

Yahiko's fight was good. It was actually believable, too, unlike the Henya fight...

Gein rocks. He's my favorite non-Enishi villain. That is all that must be said.

Also... I think this was the first volume where Kenshin (not Battôsai) uses a thrust (unless you count the center strike of Ku Zu Ryu Sen).
RoyTheSwordGuy

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:16 pm

Haha, you noticed the Venom rip-off, too, huh? XD I always thought that was so funny, but I'm glad Watsuki made him look different later on. And yes, the fight between Sano and Banjin was GREAT. I loved how, after Sano gets smashed into the wall and Banjin is trying to get Kenshin to fight, Kenshin says something to the effect of, "You still have an opponent" or something, and you see Sano standing up, ready to fight again. XD OH, and the scene where Megumi tells Banjin to shut up...CLASSIC. :lol:

And yeah...I'm thinking it may have been his first thrust (since becoming a Rurouni, at least...). Thrusting would probably not be the best thing when he's attempting to keep himself from killing...Haha!

Radical Dreamer

Postby Fionn Fael » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:24 pm

My Barnes and Noble got it early, so I purchased and read it a while back. Now I'm impatiently awaiting Volume 23! Gah! I can't stand the suspense!!
Formerly known as haru_bay_nay

Avatar by: tinamakesicons(LiveJournal.com)

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28

"Even when our eyes are closed, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams." --Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist

“To put alcohol in the human is like putting sand in the bearing of an engine." --Thomas Edison

[color="RoyalBlue"][font="Trebuchet MS"]The simplest way that I can understand therapy is that we're born a certain way, we're taught to be something different, and we spend our whole lives trying to unravel it and ultimately align ourselves with who we really are. Life, experiences, traumas -- whatever -- they all add up to make you some altered version of what you are. So there's this battle that goes on between what you are and what you become, and it's been very important for me to unravel what I was taught to be or what I became. and to draw a direct parallel to music -- the closer I get back to being who I really am, the stronger the music gets..." --Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins frontman)[/font][/color]

Adopted by KhakiBlueSocks!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fionn Fael

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews