The funniest web-comic ever...

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

The funniest web-comic ever...

Postby FadedOne » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:27 am

I admit i'm being a bit bold saying 'the funniest', but this one makes me laugh so very hard. Van Von Hunter! It's a manga-esque webcomic currently full-readable on their website.

http://www.vanvonhunter.com/index.html

I discovered this website accidentally through an online article on manga. Apparently there is a hyped-up version of Van Von Hunter being put out by Tokyopop(i havent read it....yet) However, this is the original and IMO truly fasntastic web-comic. There's almost 200 pages of VVH goodness. *obsesses* i encourage everyone to go read!

And if anyone wonders about content, the only possible objection is language and even this is minor enough not to worry about. And well, i guess the jokes about the 'flaming prince' could be considered a content issue, but i find it absolutely hilarious. XD but there's a heads up anyway.

and now...a sample for further persuasion. ^_^

http://www.vanvonhunter.com/vvh36.html

http://www.vanvonhunter.com/vvh27.html
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
~~~~~~
At the heart of mature [color=DarkOrchid]femininity
is a freeing disposition to affirm, receive and nuture strength and leadership from worthy men in ways appropriate to a woman's differing relationships.

At the heart of mature masculinity is a sense of benevolent responsibility to lead, provide for and protect women in ways appropriate to a man's differing relationships.[/color]

~~~~
Disclaimer: The comments of Lara, both on forum and chat, are random, unusual, and often sarcastic. Read with a pillar of salt. Thanks. :thumb:
FadedOne

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:45 am

I read some of the webcomic a long time ago, back when it wasn't very developed. Yes, Tokyopop is putting out a Van Von Hunter trilogy after the artist won first place in their Rising Stars of Manga contest. I've read the first volume and it felt about the same as the online comic.
uc pseudonym

Postby Ingemar » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:22 am

I know this is a manga forum, but since the topic is webcomics, my pick would be:

http://www.hlcomic.com

Extremely funny if you've ever played Half Life 2.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby soul alive » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:08 pm

I've been reading vanvonhunter for a while, coming back every few months since they update so slowly, so I can get a bigger chunk of it at a time. Hilarious. The manga being put out by TokyoPop is by the same people, just different from the webcomic, same characters, different time, I believe it's a few years into the future from when the webcomic is set... dunno for sure.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:17 pm

I'm fairly certain that the comic was essentially the beta version of the storyline, which was used as material for writing the manga volumes. There wasn't any link in the first volume, anyway, and I somewhat doubt the authors are terribly concerned about continuity.
uc pseudonym

Postby EricTheFred » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:06 pm

No, continuity doesn't look like a terribly big priority for these guys... due to the nature of the story, though, it probably doesn't matter.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews