Fruits Basket Volume 12 *spoilers*

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Fruits Basket Volume 12 *spoilers*

Postby Kawaiikneko » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:57 pm

I searched and was surprised to see there was no Fruits Basket 12 thread yet. So here it is! The long awaited Fruits Basket 12~ Has anyone else picked this up yet?

I don't like going into discussion threads and having to highlight a ton of spoiler boxes, so I put spoilers in the title. if you haven't gotten the book and don't want anything spoiled, don't read past this point. Thank you~ ^^

I thought the funniest part was Tohru's parent teacher conference with Shigure and Mayu. It was HILARIOUS!! The panel when Mayu is making the 'disgusting face' and Shigure's pumping his fist. Oh dear.. I was cracking up XD;; Thank goodness I was alone.

The Kagura and Kyo thing was sweet as well. Kyo was nice ^^

Ahhh I missed Furuba so much. it was nice to have a new volume
Kawaiikneko

Postby Sai » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:02 pm

Yeah, It was very akward to have the book releases go from once every other month to once a month to nothing for several months. Yeah, I think the Kagura/Kyo part was good and i really liked the parent teacher confrence as well.
Sai

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:07 pm

I loved the "false charm" and "icecicles" parent/teacher conference best. It was fabulous. Also, I can't help but find Rin's cold and cool personality to be throughly awesome. Even if she does make poor wardrobe choices. As a female fan of Furuba, I fainted repeatedly at Haru's sugary bishie-tasticness.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:47 am

Yeah, Haru was pretty cool in this one ^^ And Tohru stuttering about icecicles was what made me laugh the most during the interview. Mayu was just hilarious.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Kisa » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:21 am

I thought the Kagura Kyo thing was good too. I really liked the Kyo Tohru thing at the end and how Tohru goes to talk to Kazuma ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:18 pm

Its been so long since I read this.. I haven't seen in stores but I have read it on scanlations..(I NEED TO BUY IT THOUGH!!! )

I do remember some of the parts you all are speaking of though.. haru was cool in this one..
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Sakura15 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:37 pm

Bwahhah! I read the scanlations! But, I forget what happend in it :lol:
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:14 pm

*high fives Sakura*
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Stephen » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:19 pm

(Ignore this folks) Last post bump. (troll related)
Stephen

Postby Doubleshadow » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:32 pm

School: What one does to pass the time between issues of Furuba.
I loved Mayu and Shigure; that was so great. And I feel bad for Yuki, every personality trait just about that he cannot stand is manifest in the student council. It's nice to know Kagura got her feelings toward Kyo straightened and out, now she can grow as a person.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:53 am

The whole Shigure - Mayu shebang made me giggle. It was spectabulous.

Osaka wrote:As a female fan of Furuba, I fainted repeatedly at Haru's sugary bishie-tasticness.

Oh, that's for sure, dude. How could Rin ever stand to let such an adorable guy go? I couldn't. I'd have no will power. :lol:

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby Yumie » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:05 am

I want to marry Kyo Sohma so much. :D He was really cool in this one, he's grown so much as a person, it fantastic. And Haru was so cool too, Rin is an idiot for letting him go (all though I think she probably has reasons we have yet to discover for doing so.) And yes, the parent-teacher conference was golden. Shigure is such an antagonist. . . poor Mayu.
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews