Rurouni Kenshin

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Rurouni Kenshin - HELP!

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:53 pm

Are there two different versions of the Rurouni Kenshin manga? Cause today, my brother and I were in a bookstore looking at the manga. He was reading the RK manga while we waited on our dad to come pick us up (last minute christmas shopping and stuff). He didn't buy it, so I got volume one to read. When I showed it to him he said it was different from the one he'd been reading. I asked if it was another volume, but he said it said Volume 1 on the front and side. And you know the picture on the side of the manga volumes? he said instead of being at the bottom, it was at the top. I didn't see it, so I didn't know until we got home. Can anybody help me out here?

EDIT: I found pictures of what I'm talking about... at least the covers, anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:02 pm

The content is probrably the same. I wouldn't be so surprised for the outside to change.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:15 pm

You would think. Accept he skimmed through mine, trying to show me where he'd read up to, and said it was different...
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Sai » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:00 am

Actually, This first picture is volume seven and the second is volume one. Its ridiculous how close the one and seven look.
Sai

Postby Lady Macbeth » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:43 am

Frubafan89 wrote:Actually, This first picture is volume seven and the second is volume one. Its ridiculous how close the one and seven look.

Frubafan hit it on the head - the font that they use for the numbers on those manga is difficult to read. If you look at the pic closely for the first image, you'll see that the top of the number is extended out with a straight line, and in the second pic the top of the number is shorter and extended with a curved line. That's the difference between the "1" and the "7" in that font.
Toto, I don't think we're in Oz anymore...

I'm a woman - when I'm lost, I ask for directions.

Genjyo Sanzo: Banishing Stupidity, One Idiot at a Time
Lady Macbeth

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:59 pm

Hahaha, I made that same mistake when I went to buy my first two Kenshin mangas. They actually had volume 7 sitting right in front of volume 2, so I was thinking, "I've never seen that character before...The manga must be so different!" XD Of course, it's actually Saito on the front of volume 7, who doesn't make his first appearance until the Kyoto arc. :D Good thing I started out with 2 and 4, instead of spoiling it for myself...XD 7 happens to be one of my favorite volumes; however. :D
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:41 pm

Thank you. That makes so much more sense. I was like 'WHAT THE CRAP!?"

lol! That is actually kind of hilarious. But it is hard to tell the difference. Thanks!!

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews