Rurouni Kenshin Vol. 20

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Rurouni Kenshin Vol. 20

Postby Doubleshadow » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:46 pm

I got it today. I have been dying to know the story behind Tomoe; I think I really like this character. And Kenshin is 15 through this whole volume? 15?! Dang, so many deep thoughts for a 15 year old.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Kurama » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:48 pm

wow...awesome...Tell me all about it! ^^ PLEASE!?!
Kurama

Postby Doubleshadow » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:54 pm

Uh, maybe. If I could remember how to make spoiler tags. ^^;;
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Kurama » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:08 pm

i dont even know how you people do it...o.0
Kurama

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:53 am

Oh great now I'm 4 volumes behind again... *pout*
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Heart of Sword » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:35 am

Okay to create a Spoiler tag, type [?SPOILER] your spoiler here [/SPOILER]. Of course, remove the question mark (?) from the tag. Anyway here's a major spoiler about what's going to happen to one of the characters...

[SPOILER]
Kenshin kills Tomoe. He seems to zone out when he's Battousai and doesn't realize what's going on.
[/SPOILER]
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:27 pm

Heart of Sword wrote:
[SPOILER]
Kenshin kills Tomoe. He seems to zone out when he's Battousai and doesn't realize what's going on.
[/SPOILER]

?

[SPOILER]He's always Battousai in this portion of the manga...Tomoe dies by an accident, since she jumps in front of Kenshin to try and save him. He only kinda zones out (more returns to his past, though) when he's Rurouni, 10 years later...<<^_^]

Anyways, I LOVED this volume! Just bought it yesterday, and I think I really like Tomoe. Even though I'm a huge Kenshin/Kaoru fan, I really like Tomoe's character and how she and Kenshin interact. :lol: She's "worse than a big sister" in that one scene...haha!

Anyways, who else noticed the total rip-off of Spidey's Venom? Hahaha! I loved it, I thought it was great!! Great volume, great rip-offs ;) , great story...I can't wait for the next one!!!! :hug:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:23 am

I noticed the venom rip-off but it works well.

I loved it. Being a huge fan of Trust and Betrayal - to see it on manga form just rocked face. That and I am a huge Tomoe fan.
Hitokiri

Postby Mave » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:57 am

If Battousai 'zoned out', it was for good reason.

[spoiler=Vol 20 and Vol 21] During the fight, Kenshin's sense of hearing and seeing is severely debilitated by the enemy's dirty tactics. I wouldn't blame Battousai for making that fatal cut which he never intended.[/spoiler]

Btw, did I ever mention that Tomoe is my ultimate fav. female RK character?
Mave

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:29 pm

Mave wrote:If Battousai 'zoned out', it was for good reason.

[spoiler=Vol 20 and Vol 21] During the fight, Kenshin's sense of hearing and seeing is severely debilitated by the enemy's dirty tactics. I wouldn't blame Battousai for making that fatal cut which he never intended.[/spoiler]

Btw, did I ever mention that Tomoe is my ultimate fav. female RK character?

Aha, thank you! :D And they do fight so, so dirty... :thumbsdow Not cool! And yeah, I think Tomoe is becoming a favorite of mine, too. At first, I wasn't sure she would be, since I'm a big fan of Kenshin and Kaoru, but still...She came BEFORE Kaoru, and she's a very cool character! :thumb: I can't wait for the next volume to come out!!
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby blue elf » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:15 am

I noticed the Venom clone too, but I think it's kinda cool to look for American super hero references in Kenshin. I mean Aoshi has a trench coat like Gambit from the X-men and Hiko has a cape like Spawn, so we were due a reference to Spider-man. lol ^^
blue elf

Postby Mave » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:41 pm

blue elf wrote:I noticed the Venom clone too, but I think it's kinda cool to look for American super hero references in Kenshin. I mean Aoshi has a trench coat like Gambit from the X-men and Hiko has a cape like Spawn, so we were due a reference to Spider-man. lol ^^

Didn't we have that Gambit wannabe Jin-eh in the earlier volumes?
('_' ); ( '_');

Heh. It's so like Watsuki-sama to add references like that. XD
Mave

Postby That Dude » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:30 pm

Watsuki is a huge American comics fan...If you read those little "free talk" things you'll notice that he talks a lot about American comics.

Anyway I was also pretty excited about seeing Trust And Betrayal in the manga. It is a lot more lighthearted than the OVA though.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Ichigo_89 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:07 am

Posting here so I didn't have to start a new topic.

Anyone notice that in Vol.11 on page.36 in the bottom right panel that a person in the crowd is the same main baddie from the Vol.5 "Bonus Story: Yahiko's Battle" chapters? Hehe...
Ichigo_89

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:29 pm

Hehe, and did you notice Anji (or his character design, at least) in the very first story Watsuki wrote, located near the end of vol. 1? Very cool, very cool.

Radical Dreamer

Postby That Dude » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:01 pm

The manga-ka of One Piece started as an assistant for Watsuki and if you look close you can tell his style...Also there is a bomb with Luffy's skull and crossbones on it in volume twenty.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:03 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Hehe, and did you notice Anji (or his character design, at least) in the very first story Watsuki wrote, located near the end of vol. 1? Very cool, very cool.

Yup.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:06 pm

The manga-ka of One Piece started as an assistant for Watsuki and if you look close you can tell his style...Also there is a bomb with Luffy's skull and crossbones on it in volume twenty.

Yeah. But...I'm pretty sure that's 19 you're talking about. ;D

Radical Dreamer

Postby That Dude » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:17 pm

You're probably right...
That Dude

Postby oro! » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:42 am

I got vol. 20 for a birthday present! What a sad present, though.
[SPOILER] How every time he defeated the bandits, they bonded Kenshin so one of his senses did not work. He could have waited so some of his senses would be regained, but went on to save Tomoe. I know what will happen next, and don't like it! [/SPOILER]

I haven't read the next one, though I do not know if I want to.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews