Angel Dust Manga

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Angel Dust Manga

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:02 pm

Does anyone know anything about what could be trouble in this series? Everything I read said very positive things about it and some sources were quite enthusiastic. I really want to get it if it doesn't have any major problems.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:27 pm

Huh. I've never even heard of it. Who's the mangaka and publishing house?
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby TrigunX89 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:46 am

I only read a short chapter of it in Newtype, so I can't really comment on appropriateness issues. It seemed promising though.
TrigunX89

Postby Kisa » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:22 am

I've read some of it and it seems ok so far....
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:57 am

The manga-ka is Aoi Nanase, and it's been liscensed by ADV. I'm afraid it's shoujo-ai because the heroine supposedly falls in love with a character named Seraph, whose gender isn't given in any of the reviews, and all the art I have seen is only girls. If it's that, I wish one of the reviews would just come out and say so.

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby Fireproof » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:22 pm

Confirmed. I Googled I saw it's title on a study on yuri.
:rock:
Fireproof

Postby RoyalWing » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:02 am

The main bad [girl] character, I've heard, her name is Lucifer.

It is considered homosexual by some viewers because (as far as I know) these "angels" make a 'covenant' or promise with new owners, in the form of a kiss on the lips. But I didn't hear it was anything romantic, I heard the story was more about a girl who wants to make up with a friend, and the "angels" are just in there too.

Did you visit any fansites?
RoyalWing

Postby Doubleshadow » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:17 pm

Tried, but most of them were translations from German and Spanish. The Spanish site seemed to be calling Seraph a him, but I'm not sure.

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:45 pm

The only thing I read up was that the main girl eventually starts to like the angel Seraph... *shrugs* not a whole lotta site on this to find pics of to actually comfirm it.

Either than that, it sounds somewhat interesting.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby RoyalWing » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:36 pm

Hmm. I tried looking for reviews, and I read a few in french.

Most of the comments about this book were: "The drawings were beautiful but the story was weak. There was also too many girls"

Maybe, can you read this book before buying it? Then, if you're not bothered by it, you can spend your money on it?

... aha. maybe this website will help you. i thinkit has good synopsis of the chapters. http://www.angelfire.com/anime/Kurisutaru/angeldust.html
RoyalWing

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:31 pm

*bumps for question*

So I finally saw the manga on sale (haven't been manga shopping for a while) and it sure has an odd square shape to it!
Anyways, knowing it's out now, anyone NOW know if it does have that objectional stuff in it? I quickly flipped through and it didn't APPEAR to be... *shrugs*
Tenshi no Ai

Postby RoyalWing » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:45 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:*bumps for question*

So I finally saw the manga on sale (haven't been manga shopping for a while) and it sure has an odd square shape to it!
Anyways, knowing it's out now, anyone NOW know if it does have that objectional stuff in it? I quickly flipped through and it didn't APPEAR to be... *shrugs*

did you look at the website I found? http://www.angelfire.com/anime/Kuri.../angeldust.html

(I don't want to annoy you or make spam, I'm just making sure, sorry)
RoyalWing

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:53 pm

RoyalWing wrote:did you look at the website I found? http://www.angelfire.com/anime/Kuri.../angeldust.html

(I don't want to annoy you or make spam, I'm just making sure, sorry)

Oh sorry!^^ Read your last post wrong cause you mentioned something about French reviews, so I guess I thought you were meaning that the link was a French site or something >_<

But I guess that kinda helps... I'll still have to think about this title.
Tenshi no Ai

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews