Help protest CMX!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Help protest CMX!

Postby rocklobster » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:21 pm

I have recently decided to boycott DC Comics because I refuse to understand why they censor CMX when they publish Vertigo titles that have mature readers warnings. I realize one person can't be enough, but I want you, fellow readers, to join. I'll send an e-mail petition with all participants' e-mail addresses to Paul Levitz (the CEO). BTW, could someone make me a graphic banner to use in order to promote this on my website?
rocklobster

Postby Nate » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:24 pm

rocklobster wrote:II refuse to understand why they censor CMX when they publish Vertigo titles that have mature readers warnings.

Simple. They think manga is a teen fad. So they censor the manga in order to market it to a lower age group, because they assume that will boost sales. I don't agree with it, but that's the reason.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Arnobius » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:20 pm

I'm doubting CMX will care. Del Rey folded when there was a protest against their plan to edit Negima, but if CMX didn't, it probably means they'd rather sell to 13+ more than to 16+ or 18+.

Whether or not they are successful depends on whether people vote with their wallets and not buy it.

Unfortunately, since people don't seem to care when companies butcher things like Ikkitousen (infamously changed to Battle Vixens) or Battle Royale [Both of these have had the dialogue rewritten worse than Carl Macek ever did for Robotech], I doubt they will care about this either.

BTW, you got a list of which titles are edited?
Arnobius

Postby Ashley » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:06 pm

Well, I'm all for communicating to companies, but I can't boycott CMX. They're FINALLY releasing one of my all-time favorites series, KKJ, and I've been waiting for years now to read it.
Ashley

Postby Kisa » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:28 am

*points to Ash post*
Same here, I don't want them to do anything which will prevent KKJ from continuing, lol...
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Rogie » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:47 am

Ashley wrote:Well, I'm all for communicating to companies, but I can't boycott CMX. They're FINALLY releasing one of my all-time favorites series, KKJ, and I've been waiting for years now to read it.

Yeah, I just got the first volume of that one, and I'm looking forward to reading it. So, I won't be boycotting. :)
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:52 pm

I'll boycott CMX, but not the entire DC corporation. I just like The Sandman and Preacher too much.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Maledicte » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:27 pm

SpoonyBard wrote:I'll boycott CMX, but not the entire DC corporation. I just like The Sandman and Preacher too much.

Word. :thumb:
Maledicte

Postby meboeck » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:55 pm

I can't boycott them either because they put out Swan, which is the only not-overly-girly ballet manga out there.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:50 am

"So, there is a young man maybe who thinks he can be the next Barishnakov? He has fire in the belly. But it takes more than belly-fire to be the next Barishnakov."
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby rocklobster » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:42 pm

So, can anyone make me a graphic for my page? I'm thinking a DC logo with that "no" circle around it.
rocklobster

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews