Hoshi no Koe (Voices of Distant Star) manga?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Hoshi no Koe (Voices of Distant Star) manga?

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:56 pm

Not sure if this has been brought up yet but I was browsing for Voices of a Distant Star images and I found this baby.

There 's a Voices of Distant Star manga. This is a website for a review of it.

Manga review *spoilers*

I am thouroughly intrested now.
Hitokiri

Postby Ashley » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:40 am

Oooo, I do hope this is released over here! If anyone knows of any scanlations for it, can you please drop me a PM? ^^
Ashley

Postby Token Asian » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:35 pm

*drool, drool, drool*

I WANT IT!
Goddess fan, anime blogger, and generally insane anime club officer.

Token Asian's Anime Blog - Visit my anime blog for weekly posts on the new AMG! TV series and other anime-related things.
Token Asian

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:39 pm

Darn it, Hitokiri! Now my studying brain will be consumed with finding these scanlations!

Any chances this might be a dojinishi?
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:54 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Darn it, Hitokiri! Now my studying brain will be consumed with finding these scanlations!

Any chances this might be a dojinishi?

Not exactly sure.

I meant to resreach it but with exams and stuff, I forgot.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=6118

Sahara Mizu, person who is also doing the artwork in The Place Promised in our Early Days. Hoshi no Koe appears in Afternoon magazine.
Hitokiri

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:07 pm

Apparently, Inane Manga Scanlations group is translating this project. Unfortunately, it appears that whatever chapters are available, if any chapters are available, that they're all only available by IRC. Which I don't know how to use. Darn it.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby glitch1501 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:49 pm

i couldnt find there channel on irc....so i dont know what to do...if i could find them, i would host them for the caa folk :)

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby That Dude » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:14 pm

Looks pretty neat...I'd really like to read it sometime.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby glitch1501 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:46 pm

i found out the reason i cant get into the irc channel is that my school has it blocked, i should be able to get it tonight when i go home, then i will host the files for caa folk only :)

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Passion - Kutless
glitch1501

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:43 pm

glitch1501 wrote:i found out the reason i cant get into the irc channel is that my school has it blocked, i should be able to get it tonight when i go home, then i will host the files for caa folk only :)

Oh, that would be WONDERFUL! If you'd do that, I'd be eternally in your debt. Or, I'd atleast owe you some brownie points.

Mangafanatic

Postby glitch1501 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:27 pm

ok, i got home and downloaded the translated manga...looks like they have only done ch1 and 2, so i will host them sometime this week for ya

Glitch's Photostream

Passion - Kutless
glitch1501

Postby Hitokiri » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:18 pm

glitch1501 wrote:ok, i got home and downloaded the translated manga...looks like they have only done ch1 and 2, so i will host them sometime this week for ya

Thank you so much glitch!
Hitokiri

Postby Ashley » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:46 pm

PM me with the hosting info, too, please! I can't IRC on this comp.
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:08 am

Ashley wrote:PM me with the hosting info, too, please! I can't IRC on this comp.

Oh! Me too, me too!

Mangafanatic

Postby glitch1501 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:36 am

well, i finally installed something to ftp to my server, so here they are

[url]the-difference.net/manga/Voices_of_a_Distant_Star_(Hoshi_no_Koe)_ch01_[Inane].zip[/url]

[url]the-difference.net/manga/Voices_of_a_Distant_Star_(Hoshi_no_Koe)_ch02_[Inane].zip[/url]

enjoy :)

glitch

Glitch's Photostream

Passion - Kutless
glitch1501

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:12 am

glitch1501 wrote:well, i finally installed something to ftp to my server, so here they are

[url]the-difference.net/manga/Voices_of_a_Distant_Star_(Hoshi_no_Koe)_ch01_[Inane].zip[/url]

[url]the-difference.net/manga/Voices_of_a_Distant_Star_(Hoshi_no_Koe)_ch02_[Inane].zip[/url]

enjoy :)

glitch

Oh whoa Glitch. Thanks! That was so freakin awesome. Even at thi spoint, I find it a tad bit better then the anime. With the deeper connections between Noboro and Mikkako.
Hitokiri

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews