The network TV: anime schedule and schedule changes thread!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:27 pm

Myself I would rather see AS keep to the current schedule and simply add
GITS:SAC 2nd GIG at Midnight to replace FLCL.It would make better sense
than putting in that stupid Boondocks.
Then when did TPTB at AS ever make sense when it came to anime?
mitsuki lover

Postby lj1958 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:54 pm

Well, us anime lovers (who don't like most of the AS comedy block) are the poor little stepchildren as far as Cartoon Network is concerned. See how long an all anime block lasted on Saturday lasted? I think this is the longest it ever has.

And...S-CRY-ed? How many more new episodes are there left? I really would like them to rerun Witch Hunter Robin one more time. Or pick up something new. Gankutsuou, Samurai 7, and Tsukihime, Lunar Legend would all be good candidates.
lj1958

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:58 pm

lj1958 wrote:Well, us anime lovers (who don't like most of the AS comedy block) are the poor little stepchildren as far as Cartoon Network is concerned. See how long an all anime block lasted on Saturday lasted? I think this is the longest it ever has.

If you think that is is bad, it gets wrost. CN will soon start showing live-action movies and they plan for AS to show some live-action movies too or that's what I heard.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:02 pm

Ok the minute they stop showing anime is the minute I stop watching.
mitsuki lover

Postby Rogie » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:03 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:Ok the minute they stop showing anime is the minute I stop watching.

Especially since there's nothing else worth watching on there. No classics anymore, except for Tom and Jerry.

Man, I wish I had Boomerang! I wanna watch Looney Tunes and old Tex Avery shorts from MGM! :waah!:
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:38 pm

Boondocks sucked bad. I'm deffinetly not a prude or anything so I wasn't even really offended by anything it was just plain not funny. And this is coming from someone who laughs at just about everything on AS including Family Guy, American Dad, Aqua Teens, Robot Chicken, Sealab, Squidbillies. I honestly can't see it lasting past the initial episodes made. It tried way too hard to be political that it was just plain ridiculous.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:19 pm

Yojimbo wrote:Boondocks sucked bad. I'm deffinetly not a prude or anything so I wasn't even really offended by anything it was just plain not funny. And this is coming from someone who laughs at just about everything on AS including Family Guy, American Dad, Aqua Teens, Robot Chicken, Sealab, Squidbillies. I honestly can't see it lasting past the initial episodes made. It tried way too hard to be political that it was just plain ridiculous.

It has 15 eps. so there's 14 left to go. :shake: :evil:
FOX tried to do a version of it some time ago but gave it up and FOX
is the network that gave us FAMILY GUY,KING OF THE HILL,FUTURAMA
and especially THE SIMPSONS.If the network of THE SIMPSONS had
problems you know there's something off about the series.
And also keep in mind that Boondocks creator is a bit over politicized.
He once did a cartoon that was so controversial that some of the
papers that carried it withheld showing it.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:07 pm

Yojimbo wrote:Boondocks sucked bad. I'm deffinetly not a prude or anything so I wasn't even really offended by anything it was just plain not funny. And this is coming from someone who laughs at just about everything on AS including Family Guy, American Dad, Aqua Teens, Robot Chicken, Sealab, Squidbillies. I honestly can't see it lasting past the initial episodes made. It tried way too hard to be political that it was just plain ridiculous.

I knew that this wouldn't be funny, since I have readed the comic strip and I never could find anything funny in it. I have never been offended by Boondocks comic strip and I wasn't offended by it or by the TV show. It's nothing more then a political cartoon, both the TV one and the comic strip. But the tv show is 10% political and 90% shock value.

He even had a Rosa Parks joke in one of the eps, but it was removed in the wake of her passing.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:25 pm

Personally I rather see them make a series out of Doonesberry or Mallard Fillmore.Either of which could be funny while at the same time retaining the
political aspects of the cartoon strip.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:55 pm

Boy, I've been out of this thread a few days...

mitsuki lover wrote:So that means Inuyasha will only air Mon.-Wed.until they restart up with #127?

I guess... it's still on the M-W schedule, but no longer on Saturdays starting 11/19.

Wingzero22 wrote:Has Gigantor started playing on AS at 5:30am , yet?

Yes, and from what I understand it's the old-school version. I'm going by what I've read, though]Boondocks sucked bad. I'm deffinetly not a prude or anything so I wasn't even really offended by anything it was just plain not funny. And this is coming from someone who laughs at just about everything on AS including Family Guy, American Dad, Aqua Teens, Robot Chicken, Sealab, Squidbillies. I honestly can't see it lasting past the initial episodes made. It tried way too hard to be political that it was just plain ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
I didn't watch it on Sunday. Initially I was thinking it would probably be a show that didn't have much appeal outside the political far left, although after reading the Toonzone review I got a little more interested. Now, based on the comments here, sounds like it may not be worth watching.

As far as Boondocks running on Saturdays, I kind of don't look for that to last too long, unless it really explodes on Saturday nights. It really seems out of place smack in the middle of the anime block. Plus anime-only Saturdays (at least the top 3 shows) were starting to pull in ratings such that it looked like it might be able to survive without the comedy injection. I guess we'll see...
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

:dance: Looking for a GOOD music mix? Check out these stations:
Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Location: In your computer speakers, if you're listening to ChargeRadio.com

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:48 pm

Hmmm...WOuldn't the top three shows include Inuyasha?
Any way I think a better schedule for Saturdays would have been:
11:00 Inuyasha
11:30 Full Metal Alchemist
12:00 Ghost In The Shell:Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
12:30 Samurai Champloo
1:00 s-CRY-ed
1:30 Neon Genesis Evangelion
As you can see that way the only difference is the substitution for GITS:SAC GIG 2
for FLCL.Why the idiots at AS never thought of doing it this way is beyond
sense.
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:37 pm

I checked the AS schedule for Inuyasha.Continues with reruns Mon.-Wed.
at 12:30 a.m.
Does anyone know when ep.#127 and the rest of the unaired episodes are
scheduled to begin next year?
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:39 pm

New episodes of Samurai Champloo at 11:30 & 2:30 and the premiere of Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex-2nd Gig at 12:30 & 3:30 will start this Saturday on Adult Swim.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby freerock1 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:14 pm

At least some of the new GitS episodes are apparently going to run with a TV-MA rating.
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:16 pm

I find it ironic that they even need to have a rating for GITS since it's on so late at night.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:48 am

They rate all the programs even if they only air at 4 in the morning. TV stations aren't legally bound to rate their programming; it's just become the standard industry practice.

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:08 pm

Rather silly if you ask me.And in any case I never liked the stupid ratings system
or the V chip for that matter.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:57 pm

Tonight at 12:30 am est new eps of Ghost of Shell: SAC 2rd GIG.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby rocklobster » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:35 am

Starting Dec. 3 on G4: Cromartie High.
rocklobster

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:17 pm

Yeah,I was expecting either that or Colorful to begin around then considering
the final episodes of RahXephon are going to air next week.I want to get
at least one DVD of RahXephon now after seeing nearly the entire thing.I think
it's one of the finest mecha series ever made.
mitsuki lover

Postby rocklobster » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:39 am

AU rebroadcasts at 4 am Eastern, right?
rocklobster

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:24 pm

On Monday morning.That is correct.The Schedule is:
Friday 12:00 Midnight Eastern/9:00 Pacific
12:30 a.m. Eastern/9:30 p.m. Pacific

3:00 a.m.(Sat.)Eastern/12:00 Midnight(Friday)Pacific
3:30 a.m. Eastern/12:30 a.m. Pacific

Sunday/Monday 4:00 a.m.(Monday)Eastern/1:00 a.m. Pacific
4:30 a.m. Eastern/1:30 a.m. Pacific
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:54 pm

Frist, I'm sorry that I haven't been here to update as much with the lineup that is being showed on TV. I hope to have more time now and should be able to update this more.

Now for some changes that will take place in Jan of 2006 for AS.

Starting on Saturday January 7 the lineup will new episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist at 12 am and, Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig at 12:30 a.m.

Repeats of Neon Genesis Evangelion will be now at 1 a.m. and they will bring backCowboy Bebop and show it at 1:30 a.m.

The lineup for weeknight, starting January 2, will be s-CRY-ed at 1 a.m. and Lupin the 3rd at 1:30 a.m. Now there is where some will get lost, The 12:30 a.m. slot will rotate programming every day and here is the lineup for that.

FLCL on Mondays
InuYasha on Tuesdays,
Samurai Champloo on Wednesdays
Neon Genesis Evangelion on Thursdays.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby freerock1 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:26 pm

I was planning to report this tonight if you didn't get to it first. ;) Anyway, from what I understand, the Tuesday night Inuyasha and Wednesday night Samurai Champloo are supposed to be new episodes.

And don't forget to mention the biggest screw-up of the whole Saturday change: Comedy takes the full first hour, with Boondocks moving to 11, and Stroker & Hoop reruns getting the 11:30 slot. And just when anime was starting to look like it might be able to stand on its own on Saturday nights.

Of course the AS schedules are always subject to change. Personally I kind of expect them to back away from running 2 MA-rated comedies in the first hour before then.

And aside from the Saturday night travesty, it's not a horrible schedule. Although I am a bit concerned about the future of anime with reportedly so many premieres that 12:30 weeknight slot. (Remember what happened with Case Closed....)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:09 am

Oh, and I was wrong. Cromartie High starts on the 16th of December. They're doing Colorful again first.
rocklobster

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:58 pm

Actually tonight is the first time that AU has run Colorful.So we shall see...
As far as January's schedule goes..one would think that G4 would take advantage of an oppurtunity and schedule more AU from 11-12(midnight)on Saturdays if AS is going to sink their anime like that.
I am definitely going to start to build my DVD collection starting next month and also support AU more by watching it more.At least THEY haven't screwed us around as badly as AS as lately.
btw:I forsee the end of Anime on Saturday night's AS if they continue to chip away by adding 'comedies' to the Saturday line-up.Pretty soon the only anime left on Saturday night will be Toonami and then even that will be taken away..EVIL PEOPLE AT CN!
mitsuki lover

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:38 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:Actually tonight is the first time that AU has run Colorful.So we shall see...
As far as January's schedule goes..one would think that G4 would take advantage of an oppurtunity and schedule more AU from 11-12(midnight)on Saturdays if AS is going to sink their anime like that.
I am definitely going to start to build my DVD collection starting next month and also support AU more by watching it more.At least THEY haven't screwed us around as badly as AS as lately.
btw:I forsee the end of Anime on Saturday night's AS if they continue to chip away by adding 'comedies' to the Saturday line-up.Pretty soon the only anime left on Saturday night will be Toonami and then even that will be taken away..EVIL PEOPLE AT CN!

Oh, they wouldn't dare. Anime rules in the ratings in both AS and Toonami.
rocklobster

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:04 pm

rocklobster wrote:Oh, they wouldn't dare. Anime rules in the ratings in both AS and Toonami.

Right now, the ratings for Sat night is like a fish flip flopping out of the water!

It doesn't look good folks as for anime on Sat night, heh. Nothing that AS is showing is doing well on Sat night.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Tommy » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:48 pm

Except for Naruto. That show is wicked popular and so is Full Metal Alchemist.

Saturday night on CN is the only time of the week I sit back and watch anime.
Tommy

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:05 pm

Well it would help if they would keep the schedule for more than a month.I don't see how they can complain about ratings when they keep changing it around all the time.You need to keep building an audience for something like anime,you don't do that by switching the schedule every month or two.The only way to have the anime ratings improve would be to stick with an all anime schedule for Saturdays for at least a year.
mitsuki lover

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews