DNAngel (Just a few questions)

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

DNAngel (Just a few questions)

Postby Tommy » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:40 am

Is this series any good? I found alot of volumes at my local library so i was wondering what kind of genre it is and how good it is.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Debitt » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:02 am

DNAngel is a very good manga - I enjoyed it immensely. It's a shoujo manga, which means that character development and love tends to be the central focal point.

Basically, it's about a boy named Daisuke Niwa who gets rejected by the girl he likes on his 14th birthday. But Daisuke doesn't quite react to this in the same way most boys would - instead of just feeling the sting of defeat he goes home and ends up transforming into his alter ego, the Phantom Thief Dark - turns out the Niwa family has something in their DNA that causes the males to transform into Dark when they think about the person they love.

That's it...basically...XD; I could probably go into more detail, but no one wants to read a 12 page summary on the manga and all its characters...

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:50 am

[quote="Kokoro Daisuke"]
That's it...basically...XD]

<.<
>.>

*Osaka does.* XD

Really, it's a wonderful manga with beautiful art and a very interesting story. You should give it a try!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Debitt » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:05 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:<.<
>.>

*Osaka does.* XD

:lol: Well I'll see what I can arrange then. XD! I can see it all now:

"blah blah blah Daisuke blah blah love triangle, Dark, Saga is my homeboy..."

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Puguni » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:04 pm

Here's my $.02: I didn't like the love triangle in there. It's just like, whoa! It's a bit too much girl drama for me. The art is great and all, but...meh. I just didn't find it as great a story as most people. Maybe I'd just read parts of it to find out the secrets so I won't be bothered by them anymore. XD
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Hoshika » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:03 am

[quote="Kokoro Daisuke"]DNAngel is a very good manga - I enjoyed it immensely. It's a shoujo manga, which means that character development and love tends to be the central focal point.

Basically, it's about a boy named Daisuke Niwa who gets rejected by the girl he likes on his 14th birthday. But Daisuke doesn't quite react to this in the same way most boys would - instead of just feeling the sting of defeat he goes home and ends up transforming into his alter ego, the Phantom Thief Dark - turns out the Niwa family has something in their DNA that causes the males to transform into Dark when they think about the person they love.

That's it...basically...XD]

Yep, he pretty much summed up the manga. It really is a love story and if you can't take that kind of mush then it's probably not a good read for you- BUT!!! There is a good bit of comedy involved that doesn't center focus the mixed emotions of love between Daisuke and...(don't want to say too much and give it away!), plus many extra things other than the romance plot to look forward to like Daisuke's "Hollywood" debut. LOL That chapter introduces a rather humorous sub-character... darn shame they aren't one of the main characters of the story (continues laughing because it was just that funny). Anyway, also to add to the drama is how Daisuke and Dark get along. Personally I find Daisuke's thoughts on their relationship rather interesting and the romance stuff just cute. It may be a love story, but it's more WAFF than Romeo and Juliet type stuff. Still, if you hate romance utterly or WAFF makes you barf then this one may not be a good read for you. Me I love the WAFF bring it on, bring it on! :D
Hoshika

Postby Kisa » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:36 am

Definitley check it out, very good story and the art is gorgeous! You won't be able to put it down ! ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews