Mouryou Kiden?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Mouryou Kiden?

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:55 pm

Anyone else heard of this? I found some volumes at books a million the other day, but I didn't pick it up for lack of knowledge and money. If anyone has read it (and has time, haha), can you give me a quick review of it, since I didn't find one in the manga reviews? I'd really appreciate it! n.n

Thanks!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby soul alive » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:01 pm

I'm going to be posting some pretty spoilerific stuff, I'll tag the biggest spoiler(s), but just giving a warning

Mouryou Kiden is a trilogy from one of the members of CLAMP, working on her own. If I remember correctly, it was one of her first works by herself.

While I found the artwork quite lovely, very much like CLAMP's stuff. However, the story was rushed and confusing and had me going 'Huh?' almost the entire time, I had to read it through twice to understand it, and have trouble remembering exactly how different twists went.

I liked it, but was too confused to really enjoy it as much as I could, and some issues (below) took away possible enjoyment. I would say, if you have a friend who has them, borrow (heck, I'd even be willing to lend you mine through the mail if you're desperate). Unless you really want them, and feel that you can handle the stuff I mention below, don't buy.

I'm guessing on most of these values, since it's been a while since I've read, and I'm not too sure on things, some may be too high and others too low:

Age (Max=21) 13/14 -

Overall Rating 6.75 / 10

Violence 3 / 10 - characters do battle with both magic and weapons, characters die, are stabbed, etc, nothing too gratituous

Language 1 / 10 - some swearing, nothing worth remembering

Sexual Content 6 / 10 - this had me going - 'eh?' - this was confusing and slightly soap-opera bizarre - [spoiler]there are two sister goddesses (?) one has a husband and son, the son looks exactly like the husband, the husband dies, and the bereaved mother falls in love with the son because of his appearance and tricks him into loving her years later, when he doesn't know/remember who she is after losing his memory; however, he is also in love with the reincarnation of the other goddess...[/spoiler] Or something like that. That was the most confusing part of the whole trilogy.
If you're really concerned about this, it'll only take me a few minutes to check and go into more detail. Just let me know, and I'll take it to PM since it's pretty spoilerific.

Nudity 5 / 10 - skimpy female outfits, one adult female character and a young girl go swimming in a lake with no bathing suits or very skimpy clothing, undetailed female nudity

Bad Religion 7.5 / 10 - the fun part, also had me going 'eh?' a lot. there are two goddesses, sun and moon, and demons (oni) allied to them. There is magic throughout. Issues of right and wrong are confused as well as confusing, (it seems first one goddess is the 'bad guy' but actually the other is, but - wait, no, the first one is after all, er, I mean... *sigh* - it was really like that, I only exaggerated a little). There is reincarnation. There is also a messed up creation-type story.

Hope I helped, it was hard not to be confusing. You might want to get a second opinion if anyone else here has read it. ^^;
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews