From Far Away?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

From Far Away?

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:05 am

Just browsing the Viz site and came across this manga: http://store.viz.com/browse/FROMFARAWAY/BOOKS/s.WO8tozer

It looks good (just by judging the cover) and kinda reminds me of RG Veda... hmmm anyone read tese before? Can I get a bit of feedback on it? Good? Bad? "bad parts"?
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Yumie » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:31 am

Opps! Signed in as the sister. Please, skip to the next post.
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:36 am

Well, I've only read the first couple volumes. I thought it was a pretty fun little read. Nothing that was throughly orignal or mindbogling, but still a very cute, pleasant little shoujo manga. If I get a chance, I'd probably read more of it.

As far as content goes, what I read was clean (aside from a few curse words) as far as I can remember.

Overall, I'd tell you to give it a try!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:55 am

Hmmm maybe if I get a chance I'll give it a try. Looks like a nice little fantasy, and I've been into fantasy/romances lately (and after spending all day watchign Rune Soldier Louie, well :/)

I know there's other series I shoudl REALLY buy first and complete, but maybe I'll get my friends into it and just leech off her ^^ Heh, always an option! We leech off each other anyways :p
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Kisa » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:07 am

Flipped through it in the store.. reminds me of Fushigi Yugi type story so nothing major for me.... seemed cute though ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews