Question about a Japanese manga, any help would be wonderful

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Question about a Japanese manga, any help would be wonderful

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:02 am

Hello, I was wondering about this manga and I was hoping someone could help me. You see, several months ago I bought the 'New generation of manga artist’s vol.3' The Renga Kijima portfolio, and I fell in love with the art. Well I’ve been searching and finally found the manga of his (? (Forgive me I'm not sure if Renga is a man or Woman) called "Brafman."
I would love to get it, but the problem is I'm not sure of what it has in it. I am VERY careful of what manga's I read, and the websites I've been to don't tell me the rating. (I'm not even sure if they rate it in Japan like they do here)
So I was wondering has anyone read, or even heard of this manga? If so could you tell me it there is any thing bad in it? What I mean by 'bad' is excessive gore, sexual stuff, ect… I don’t care about cussing because I can’t read Japanese (though one day I hope to)
Any how any information you can give me would be wonderful.

Thank you, ~::Laura::~

First two Brafman vol. covers:
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Hephzibah » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:01 am

I did a quick search, and its only available in Japanese. Not sure bout any content or anything, but if you can't understand the language its not much use getting it (save for the art) ^^
Hephzibah

Postby Arnobius » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:46 am

Well, the anime is due out in 2006.

Ran one site through BabelFish :sweat: and got this as the plot:

The boy Nogi hill ringing which is imbedded organism computer "ブラフマンシステム (Brafman System)" to internal changes to those "サンサーラ" (Sansara) which have super normal power. As for the woman Takao 柊 woven leaf which knows the natural shape of ringing in ハメwhich aims in the monster which is called REAPS from contingent thing.......

Well... THAT cleared things up... ;)
Arnobius

Postby Hoshika » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:29 am

LOL, BableFish is the most suckiest auto translation system out there. Maybe you can search for reviews on the mangaka's work. You should be able to make good a guess at what kind of things to expect from them based on previous work. CLAMP for instance has a tendency for being adorably beautiful and disturbingly weird if you ask me. Chobits and Miyuki in Wonderland are prime examples of this. BUT ANYWAY, just make sure you do your research before you spend your money to avoid wasting it on something you really didn't want in the first place.
Hoshika

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews