Full Moon in English

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby soul alive » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:53 pm

I just got v.3 of Full Moon yesterday. The end made me cry. I'm really enjoying this series, and looking forward to KKJ.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Ashley » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:02 pm

I keep hearing that. I think KKJ is somewhat similiar to FMS, but it's got a totally different dynamic to it, so I hope you guys aren't all disappointed. I mean, yes, the art is beautiful and the story line is good with very developed characters, but FMS is a lot more....well, I'd say emotionally "complete". The sorrow and the joys seem a lot more...hmm...well, it's hard to say. I just know that the two series are pretty different as far as style, tone, and content goes, so I just hope you all don't swear off Tanemura if you dislike one or the other. ^^;;
Ashley

Postby Kisa » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:37 am

I think they are only the same in the art and how the characters and story are deeper than they appear. They plots are different like you say Ash, and the emotions are different too, I agree ^^
I love em both though, how they pull you right in!
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:44 am

Well, I just finished three. I'd read the scanlations before, so I knew what was going to happen. Still, there was something very fulfilling about having it in my hands. Can't really explain it, though. :sweat:

My only complaint is:

Alright, so maybe this is me being some sort of a stuck up, elitist writer or something, but bear with me. In all fansubs of the anime or scanlations of the manga that I've ever read/heard, Takuto would, at appropriate times say "D*mn." The Viz version features Ta-kun saying "Darn," repeatedly. For some reason, that bothers me. Don't get me wrong, I don't condone language. I would never use it myself, and I'm uncomfortably around those who use it excessively. But there's something to be said for charcter development too. If a story features a sailor who gets shot in the arm, he's probably not going to say "Oh, humperdink, that hurt." Like wise, when Takuto is remembering [spoiler] how he jumped off a building after Wakaouji-sensei tried to save him and he is realizing all the pain he must have put sensei through[/spoiler] it just feels contrary to his character to have him saying "darn."

Yeah, maybe I'm weird. :P
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:35 am

I understand, Osaka, and I feel your pain--sort of. I've only got volume 1 as of now, and I haven't even been able to finish all of it (no worries, I've already read it all before it was published). I was really saddened to see they took out all the honorifics, and you're right--sometimes strong language really conveys a truer emotion than "Humperdink!" (I love that movie :lol: ) I can't complain much, though; Tanemura-sensei is finally in America! *O*!!
Ashley

Postby Kisa » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:03 am

I agree Osaka, Takuto isn't that tame, and I totally know what you mean, I don't approve of lots of language, but it does get the point acrosse better at times.
Such a sad panel tho....
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:38 pm

Kisa wrote:Such a sad panel tho....

The "Darn" sort of took the emotion impact out of it for me, though. . .
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:21 am

yea, it was definitley not a takuto moment.... more like something I could picture Eiichi saying, lol...
this volume was definitley good tho ^^
Kisa

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:55 pm

Yeah! Volume 4 is out! I went in looking for Furuba 12 but this works! :lol:

[SPOILER] Nothing plays with my emotions like this series. Oh my, I was wondering how Mitsuki was going to handle Takuto and them knowing about Eichi. Sad! And I wonder why Meroko got a new name but not Takuto. Coincidence? I wish Meroko would learn to stand alone and not be so dependent on others. I couldn't help but think, "She needs Jesus." Because there a lot of girls with her problem. [/SPOILER]
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:34 am

They had Full moon and Fruit's basket vol 12 at my book store...>.> I didn't think FuruBa came out yet ^^;;;

I have a question....what color are Mitsuki's eyes? I've seen them gold, blue, purple and pink. I'm confused!
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Ashley » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:20 am

Mitsuki's eyes are originally blue, and she has black hair. In the anime, I think they were brown.

Tanemura-sensei is NOTORIOUS for splashing new colors onto her established characters. I have no idea why, but I suppose if I had to guess it has to do with 1, the colors used in the design to begin with, and 2, her own desire to experiment with what the characters could have looked like.

I can't believe #4 is already out! I still only have volume 1! =__= However, I can't complain too much, my boyfriend bought me that and Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne #1 recently since I lacketh the money for manga. ^^;;
Ashley

Postby Kisa » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:53 am

I know! 4 is out and I gots it! I am sooo excited ^^ Got KKJ 1 too ^^
Kisa

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:54 pm

4 is out already? T.T I haven't even bought 3 yet! Gah, I've GOT to get a Barnes&Noble...Even though I don't have money anyways. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:50 pm

Furuba and KKJ are out? And my local bookstore doesn't have them? The nearest bookstore other than that one is at the mall and I don't want to think about the traffic at the mall!!
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Ashley » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:42 pm

DS, you can always use ebay or other online bookstores.
Ashley

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews