Full Moon in English

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:13 pm

Ashley wrote:7, if memory serves, but I have an inclination to say 9 (I think I'm getting KKJ and FMS confused). I know it's not uberly long.

That is all? Man, I wish it was longer, but at least this way I will get to find out how the situations resolve sooner.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Tarnish » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:36 pm

Off topic: I'm STILL trying to figure out how they managed to turn a 7 volume manga into a seventy-something episode long anime.

On topic: I read the scanlations some time ago, wonder how long it will take for them to get where I left off...
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby Ashley » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:09 am

Actually, the anime is only 52 episodes, and it's MUCH shallower compared to the anime. They started production when the manga was only up to chapter 4, I believe, so Tanemura-sensei decided to stick with her guns and write as she wanted to write, not to keep up with the anime. So the anime is enjoyable, quite, but mostly filler sort of stuff (and the ending STINKS as compared to the print). There are only 7 volumes to the print series, so it shouldn't take too long. Vol 3 will be out by October, so they seem to be doing a monthly schedule ^^
Ashley

Postby Kisa » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:48 am

Yea the anime was good, but the manga is waaaaay better in the whole story and relationships ect.... manga is always that way I find ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:21 pm

*gasps* I just bought vols. 1 and 2 of this today, and I absolutely adore it!! I only had the time to read the first volume so far, but it's been fantastic! I remember being fully hooked when I was only about 5 pages in...The art is so gorgeous!! I didn't find a single flaw with it! I'm really interested in seeing the anime now! Anyways, any word on when the rest of the volumes will be released? I'll definitely be sticking with this one for a while, especially with all of the good things I've heard! :D
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Kisa » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:23 am

3 is supposed to be out htis month I think..... ^^ there are 7 total
Kisa

Postby Ashley » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:48 am

3 comes out today, actually! It's a good thing I've already read this, or I'd be severely disappointed that I can't afford to go out and get them ; __ ;
Ashley

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:22 am

*bumps so I don't have to make a new thread*

FINALLY had time to get around and read my first volume (only got it because of all the talk on here... and the art style looks nice^^). Gotta say that's it REALLY has a different feel than other mangas I read. It IS good, but I think I might buy the next Fruits Basket manga before I get the next Full Moon volume (I'm very behind with my mangas :/)
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Kisa » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:41 am

i got 3 yay! its nice to be able to read it in book form ^^ so sad though ><
Kisa

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:34 am

Gah, my stupid bookstore doesn't have it yet! T.T *kicks Books-A-Million for the 20th time this month* Maybe I'll just order it offline....>.>
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Doubleshadow » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:10 pm

I got the third volume! I loved it! It was sad but it was so funny at the same time.

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:16 pm

I just got volume 1 and I'm loving it. So much nicer than reading scans.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Spiritsword » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:23 pm

I just bought the first volume as well, Shao! Isn't the artwork wonderful? As a lover of cute things, I'm captivated the the lovely artwork in Full Moon. The story seems sweet and enjoyable as well.
Spiritsword

Postby Kisa » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:26 am

yay spiritsword got it too! you guys will absolutley love it! the story is so good and the characters are great ^^
Kisa

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:04 pm

13+ for themes of death? That just sounds kind of silly to me. *lol*
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Spiritsword » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:08 pm

Yeah, that is a bit weird. Are we supposed to shelter our pre-teens from the concept of death?

Eh, whatever. I'm enjoying the book, and I'm planning on getting the next volume as well.
Spiritsword

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:24 pm

It's definitly something I want to collect... but I have other things first. (That is partly due to a lack of money... -.- *needs a job*)
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:07 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:13+ for themes of death? That just sounds kind of silly to me. *lol*

Well, later on, there are a few things that are more substantially 13+ worthy-- other than themes of dead (which does sound kind of silly XD .)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:04 am

Yea it gets a little more serious as it goes on.... nothing too bad, but enough for a warning so little kids don't pick it up....
Kisa

Postby Doubleshadow » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:28 am

Man, why couldn't Tanemura-sensei have stuck to her high standards when it came to plot? I wish her latest title wasn't such trouble. On a lighter note, I was image hunting and my roomate was admiring Tanemuras work over my shoulders. I can't imagine just saying, "I think I'll draw this," and BOOM! there it is.

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:40 am

*fan girl mode* And Takuto is such a cutie. XD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:38 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:*fan girl mode* And Takuto is such a cutie. XD

Oh. Yes. :lol:

There are a few frames I spanteously said ". . . Wow." over.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:18 am

Takuto is awesome... ^^ *dreamy state* lol, plus being a cat-buy makes him even cooler ^^
Yea too bad her new series has some stuff in it that isn't so hot.... maybe shes experimenting? Hopefully not changing....
Kisa

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:45 am

Luckily there's a simple solution to that then: Don't read it. :thumb:
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Kisa » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:53 pm

hehe, wise advice shao... its not too bad though, not nearly close to Watase...
Kisa

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:05 pm

Indeed.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Spiritsword » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:59 pm

What is this "new series" you speak of?
Spiritsword

Postby Kisa » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:39 am

Shinshi Doumei Cross, its pretty good, minus some of the content involving
[spoiler] the character that Haine (main char) has a crush on, seems to be bi-sexual, and her friend, sleeps with everyone[/spoiler]
Kisa

Postby Ashley » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:01 am

Don't forget the cross-dresser, Kisa. =___=;;

Honestly, I love Tanemura-sensei but Shinshi Doumei Cross ("The Gentleman's Alliance Cross") is pretty sub-par her standards. Even her very early work was better than this. I think she was TRYING to explore love, and all it's variants/aspects--which is why we get the very dark stuff Kisa mentioned--but it didn't work very well. The plot seems heavy and yet quite shallow; confusion with the pretense of being deep. The characters are also flat out cofusing and not really that interesting...I'll keep reading it if only to keep up my reputation as an informed fan of Tanemura's, but it's not one I'd heartily recommend at all.
Ashley

Postby Spiritsword » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:56 pm

Thanks Kisa and Ash. I think I'll take your recommendation Ash, and stick to Full Moon and KKJ (when it comes out!) for now.
Spiritsword

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews