Sailor Moon v_v

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Sailor Moon v_v

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:59 am

Ok seriously, what's goign to happen with the future of Sailor Moon ANYTHING in North America?? I mean, with Toei doign their thign ADV had their boxsets licening expire and I also hear Geneon had the same thing happen with their movies (although S and SuperS seem to be fine :/) So... things don't look too good in the DVD department so I'm glad I picked up what I did!

But... while browsing the Tokyopop site one day I noticed they took off all their Sailor Moon listing completely! Haven't checked stores to see if they're still selling... but what happened there? I sure hope they'll remake them (and make a better translation!) or something... Anyone know official news?

*sigh* Us North Americans have just as good a chance as seen Sailor V in translated manga as we're able to see Sailor Stars on DVD -_-; Oy...
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Rogie » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:08 pm

Well, Toei of Japan has no plans (and probably never will have plans) to release Sailor Stars here in North America. And I've never really heard of any discussion of a U.S. manga release of Sailor V, although I would LOVE to see that happen. :sweat:

But the Sailor Moon manga is now out of print in the U.S. All that's readily available is the last volume or two of Stars and the first "regular" Sailor Moon line (Sailor Moon S volumes, in other words). I had to dig and dig for Stars volume 1 and finally found it somewhere on the net. They're pretty rare nowadays, although I've seen a couple volumes on a bargain shelf at Books-a-Million.

*sigh* indeed... :lol:
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:54 pm

Yes the future of Sailor Moon looks VERY depressing! At least my friend gave me her first 4 volumes of the orginal JPN version of the manga which are also pretty much outta print^^ (She wants to update with the newer versions that came out in Japan...)
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Hoshika » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:25 pm

An issue of Sailor V was released in Animerica or one of those in the late 90s I think. Guess it wasn't too popular for the series release in the U.S. I have no clue what happened with that.

As for Sailor Moon I've been through Ebay a few times and many people are selling off their collection graphic novel and idividual comics of Tokyopop's release so if you're missing any issues that's the place to find them... and over priced fan subs of Sailor Moon Sailor Stars. -_-;

But back to Sailor V, it got re-release in Japan along with Sailor Moon so now you can at least get Code Name Sailor V volume one withouth doing too much detective work. :)
Hoshika

Postby starfire » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:20 pm

I used to love the Sailor Moon manga(what little I read of it). The drawing was great, and I like how they called Usagi Bunny instead of Serena. That is the literal translation of her name after all. It's sad that they're not gonna do anything else with it. Or so it would appear to be.
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?threadid=27354
My thread. Click the magical link and ye shall be transported to a land of threadiness!

You shall still ph3ar the ninja! ^ ~

God bless and keep you all the days of your life.
starfire

Postby Kisa » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:03 am

When I was really into Sailor moon this would depress me... I still think the show/story doesn't get enough recognition with as long as its been out compared to other titles, and I wish they would release Sailor V and Stars.... I had waited forever for those.... The reasons they weren't going to release Stars are things that are in other animes out now, so I don't see why they just don't release it with a warning... ><
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Nate » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:01 am

Yeah, I want the Sailor V manga translated and released here too! So long as they don't Americanize all the names. :\

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Kisa » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:21 am

*shudders at though of horrible translations like dubbing we have seen*
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews