Review Requests

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Hephzibah » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:43 am

Can I get a review of The Melody Of Oblivion? I was flicking through a Newtype magazine in the library today and it had a tiny description of it. It looks nifty, but I'm unsure as to the content
Hephzibah

Postby MyrrhLynn » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:25 pm

[quote="Ren_sama"]May I please have a review on the anime, Kyo Kara Maoh? My friend wants me to watch it, but it really looks like a yaoi series. If that's the case, I don't want to watch it...but I'm not sure if it is...^^]
Well that series is still coming out so technically it doesn't qualify for the review database yet... But I've seen most of it so I can tell you that not it is NOT a yaoi series. There are quite a few hints/winks at yaoi, but it almost always so that they can make a joke about it. In some cases they actually make fun of yaoi fangirls. Think of it equivilent to how lots of the movies that come out now have gay jokes in them. If stuff like that offends you don't try Kyou Kara Maou. Personally I think it is handled in an entirely humorus manner, and the series is one of my favorite. But if you try to tell most fans that it isn't a yaoi series they will flame you. -_-

Someone asked about Melody of Oblivion as well. Ahhh... I watched that series a long time ago so I can't really write a review of it, and there is no way I will watch it again. The series is ... ok. Personally I thought it got too boring, and there got to be more and more fanservice as it went. For example: one of the bad guys eats children, but he strips them first before eating them. And in the last few episodes the characters have to rub a cream all over their skin, so lots of fanservice in that as well. If you have more questions you can PM me and I'll try to answer them. ;)

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Jeikobu » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:34 pm

I would really like to see reviews for Chrono Crusade and Wolf's Rain.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Hitokiri » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:02 pm

Hey, I noticed that thier was a review done for Evangelion (by Mithrandir) and thier are some areas of it that I wanted to add and that I felt he skipped over. Is thier a thread for that review?
Hitokiri

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:22 pm

Hmmm I sent in a review of "The Cat Returns" but I still have no clue if it's been accepted... or was I supposed to make a short announcement that I would be doign one up? *scratches head* Assuming in the "before you make a review" topic that the auto-reviewer does still work instead of submitting it to a mod first...
Tenshi no Ai

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:56 pm

Your review is indeed in the database, but it has not been moved to the primary section. There are a number of possible causes for this. One is that Gypsy has simply not had time to look over your review and has hence not added it. Also, not every review is accepted, for a variety of reasons.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:06 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Your review is indeed in the database, but it has not been moved to the primary section. There are a number of possible causes for this. One is that Gypsy has simply not had time to look over your review and has hence not added it. Also, not every review is accepted, for a variety of reasons.

Gotcha! Yeha I just wanted to try one out and doesn't matter to me if it gets in or not.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Gypsy » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:12 pm

To those of you who are waiting for word on your review, expect a PM from me tomorrow at some point.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Ren_sama » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:17 am

MyrrhLynn wrote:Well that series is still coming out so technically it doesn't qualify for the review database yet... But I've seen most of it so I can tell you that not it is NOT a yaoi series. There are quite a few hints/winks at yaoi, but it almost always so that they can make a joke about it. In some cases they actually make fun of yaoi fangirls. Think of it equivilent to how lots of the movies that come out now have gay jokes in them. If stuff like that offends you don't try Kyou Kara Maou. Personally I think it is handled in an entirely humorus manner, and the series is one of my favorite. But if you try to tell most fans that it isn't a yaoi series they will flame you. -_-

Aah, that's good then. ^^
Maybe I shall watch it then...though perhaps without my yaoi-obsessed friends in the room. ^^;
Thank you MyrrhLynn!
Ren_sama

Postby Gypsy » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:37 pm

And I lied - I had to work later than I thought both yesterday and today. I'll do my best tomorrow between church services!
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby rocklobster » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:07 pm

Could someone review Burst Angel and Samurai Seven? I got a sample DVD with Anime Insider and Burst Angel didn't seem that interesting, but Samurai Seven and Kiddy Grade both piqued my curiousity.
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:09 pm

Could someone review Burst Angel, Kiddy Grade and/or Samurai Seven? I got a sample DVD with Anime Insider and Burst Angel didn't seem that interesting, but Samurai Seven and Kiddy Grade both piqued my curiousity.
rocklobster

Postby EKmisao » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:04 am

I'll do Samurai 7, it that's okay. ^^V
The bluest sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.
-- Gentatsu (RK movie)
EKmisao

Postby EKmisao » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:27 am

So sorry, Gypsy-chan. I forgot to add this bit in the Samurai 7 review.

While I did give S7 an 8/10, I love it to pieces. Its major saving grace is the wonderful characterization of the main people in the series: the seven samurai and the three farmers that go with them. It is true that not much character development happens, in that no major life changes happen to many of them. But you do get to know each character very well, what drives them, what makes them happy or sad, what they really feel beyond what they want to show people. They took what the movie implied and added on it, in a good way. It has been a while since I have seen characterization that good from the recent anime.

Thank you so much, and I'm sorry for any trouble my 2 recent review have caused you. Rest assured that they are based on official TV broadcasts (on Animax), and not on fansubs.

EK 8 )
The bluest sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.
-- Gentatsu (RK movie)
EKmisao

Postby Momo-P » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:41 pm

I'd like to request a review for Kare Kano, I believe it's called. ^^; *lol*
Momo-P

Postby MyrrhLynn » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:48 pm

Hey Gypsy, since I'm probably the only person in all of CAA who has seen every Prince of Tennis episode I'll write a review on it, since I saw it was on the request list. :)

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Kisa » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:15 am

Just curious on the status of my ceres review, and also I would like to know if anyone has requested to do either of the CCS movies, cause I'd like to ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Gypsy » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:28 am

Disclaimer: No one is obligated to believe a word of what I say below.

I am really, really, REALLY going to try to get a handle on the reviews next week. I haven't lost any reviews, even the ones that were submitted months ago - they're all still safe in pending. For what my apologies are worth in this thread, I really am sorry.
Gypsy

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:31 am

O.O

*is in zombie mode*

"I believe every word you say..."
Mithrandir

Postby Gypsy » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:04 pm

Ok, I made a dent in the reviews. Most of the remaining pending reviews (if you haven't heard from me already) are already edited in text files on my computer. I'll do my best to plug some more in tomorrow night. I'll get these caught up yet!
Gypsy

Postby Gypsy » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:58 pm

Double posting, oh the horror.

I got more reviews up. Please excuse me if I missed any of the errors - I've been editing them pretty late and my brain is working at half wattage.

I'd put up more, but Lost is on. *sprints away!*
Gypsy

Postby SnoringFrog » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:23 pm

I'm requesting that someone review Project Arms. I've read a bit of the manga, and I just recently found the anime at a good price, but was unsure of whether it's be okay or not.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:10 am

SnoringFrog wrote:I'm requesting that someone review Project Arms. I've read a bit of the manga, and I just recently found the anime at a good price, but was unsure of whether it's be okay or not.

LOVE THAT SINISTAR AVATAR! WHERE'D YOU FIND IT?
rocklobster

Postby SnoringFrog » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:15 pm

LOVE THAT SINISTAR AVATAR! WHERE'D YOU FIND IT?

I found it on google.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:02 pm

I am requesting a review of X the series , silent mobious and ghost in the shell second gig
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Galant » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:58 pm

Review request.... for Twelve Kingdoms please. :)
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Adopted by Starfire!

OATS - for Shoobie goodness!
Galant

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:25 pm

Question.

Is Rev Doc still doing a review for Chobits?

If not, I wouldn't mind writing a review of it.

Oh yeah, I can also do a review for Love Hina Again and the 2 specials, and Rahxephon: Pluralitas Concentio. Is that good?
Hitokiri

Postby Gypsy » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:07 pm

I'll check with the Rev about that, Hitokiri. I have some time off from work coming up, so I'll try to do another landslide of reviews then.
Gypsy

Postby Fireproof » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:03 pm

I'll do a review of Steamboy.
:rock:
Fireproof

Postby Rocketshipper » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:40 pm

I'd be happy to do a review of Sailor Moon Live Action ^_^.
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews