Death Note in English

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Death Note in English

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:55 am

Hey, has anyone else gotten this yet? It turned out fine, translation and all ^^ There were a few parts where the wording was different than the scans I read and I was like "ehhhh I liked the scans better" and on others I thought this translation sounded better XD; I'm glad they kept Light's name as Light like its supposed to be.

So yeah... now I have the first 4 volumes in Japanese and the first volume in English. XD I like this series.
Kawaiikneko

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:29 am

I've read a good bit of the official translation, and of course all of the Japanese version. Overall I approve of Viz's version, but I can't say I have any particular comments about it.

Though I like this series, I think that despite worthy efforts on the author's part, it has has gone downhill in the "second saga" if such terms apply. The beginning says that this Death Note is supposed to bring about a conflict between two geniuses, and I seriously doubt that the second genius is some person who has yet to appear but has been planned from the start.
uc pseudonym

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews