Lament of the Lamb (?)

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Lament of the Lamb (?)

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:47 am

^Who knows what about this manga series from Tokyopop? It seems very interesting, but I would like info on it, before I'd consider it.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:37 am

This isn't exactly valuable information, but if you want an idea as to what the series is about the Tokyopop website is the place to go:
http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?propertycode=LAM&categorycode=BMG&page=introduction

Of course, that will give you little information as to content that you might find offensive, but you could probably discern that merely by glancing at it in a store.
uc pseudonym

Postby Kaori » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:00 pm

All I can say about it is that it has a moderately high degree of profanity; I had thought it looked interesting, but I lost interest in it after glancing through the first chapter or so because it contained more profanity that I felt like reading.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:54 am

I've all ready read through Tokyopop, so yeah. All I found is that it's 16+.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Steeltemplar » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:24 am

It's a great series, really. I did a quick blurb about it on my blog.

Whilst I do not recall there being a great deal of profanity, I should warn you that there is: 1) Vampirism (I mean, that's the whole theme of the series. Though it is treated as a disorder instead of being supernatural) and 2) Incestual overtones (the relationship between Kazuna and Chizuna gets somewhat closer than it ought and they kiss at one point. There is no further than that, however.).

Naturally, I found the incestual overtones a bit unsettling at first, but it never goes anywhere, so I continued the series to completion and was happy with the ending. Just be forewarned.
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:39 am

I had feeling that there mgiht be some incest. But it doesn't seem official.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Steeltemplar » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:47 am

Shao Feng-Li wrote:I had feeling that there mgiht be some incest. But it doesn't seem official.

Yeah, I don't recall it in the Tokyopop description. lol.

But if you don't mind that part, then it is a fantastic story and the mood and art are great. There is no sex in the series at all nor fan-service of any kind. So the brother-sister kiss scene is the only thing that I would give caution about.
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:31 am

Yeah, and a kiss between siblings doesn't have to mean anything either... I'll check it out when I can.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Steeltemplar » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:28 am

Shao Feng-Li wrote:Yeah, and a kiss between siblings doesn't have to mean anything either... I'll check it out when I can.

Well, this kind of kiss would. It was a full on kiss on the lips as you would only see between two people romantically involved. But, again, that was the only thing that happened between them like that.
Headbangers United

CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Mave » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:49 am

Shao Feng-Li wrote:Yeah, and a kiss between siblings doesn't have to mean anything either... I'll check it out when I can.

It's most likely that it means something, if the creator is from a typical Asian culture. We're not as open in expressing feelings (relatively), especially between siblings. My big brother won't even hug me...sheesh.

But still, I could be wrong. Who knows maybe it's one of those 'someone trips and accidentally kisses someone' ......
Mave

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:53 am

You know, out of all the trips I've fallen and seen I've never accidently kissed someone or have seen it happen. XD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Icarus » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:26 pm

Mave wrote:But still, I could be wrong. Who knows maybe it's one of those 'someone trips and accidentally kisses someone' ......

Trust me, it's not. Chizuna pulls him into it.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Mave » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:40 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:You know, out of all the trips I've fallen and seen I've never accidently kissed someone or have seen it happen. XD

LOL It sure happens in anime/manga often enough.

I'm just glad that hasn't happened to me and I'll pray that God wouldn't allow that to happen in my lifetime. I mean, what if you fell onto some ugly smelly jerk/pervert? (>_<);;;

Ok, ok sorry for the OT.

I might take a quick curious look at this one.
Mave

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:16 pm

I do like the art style. I might give this a try or at least a thorough read.
Hitokiri

Postby That Dude » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:03 pm

I own the first three volumes and loved them but stopped there because the kiss. If that is the only instance and nothing further happens than I'll probably finish off the collection. I found the storyline extremely compelling in how "vampirism" is treated. There's actually a live action movie of it in Japan (and an anime.)
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Icarus » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:46 pm

That is the only instance of physical affection between the two that I recall.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby That Dude » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:22 pm

That's cool. I'll probably check out the rest of the manga then. Oh yeah from what I've seen the language clears up a bit as it goes on.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews