Gungraves want of manga

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Gungraves want of manga

Postby gungrave » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:53 am

AHH, YES, I have just recently come into about 7 volumes of Naruto! :)
and I was wondering if someone can suggest another manga(I don't read shoujo, not saying its bad though). I'm looking for something more action-Y over more drama-Y. I mean I like naruto and I'm going to keep getting it but I would like to get some other manga suggestions.

oh and keep in mind, if it has alot of nudity in it but its still good... please don't suggest it people. I'm only 14 lol

--The GunGravedness
You find that you have a weapon, an instrument that
will give you power over the wind and sea.
In one word, you can stop time. It is a weapon
so powerful that even God will bow
down to you and all his angels fall at your feet.
What would you do with it?

Adopted: Jack Bond
Adopted: Mega
Adopted By: Black Rose Misao
Adopted By: GrubbTheFragger

then I will be all over those games like white on a paper plate with a styrofoam cup filled with milk in the north pole during a snow storm ---iscryed4u which is my AIM screen name so, I said it XD
Felix wrote:And gungrave, XD I am sure you look quite the man-beast in a suit.

\m/ >,< \m/<-----if u listen to anti hip-hop music Aka metal or just hard rock put this in ur profile and represent

JonathOn !!El perro esta en fuego!!
C.R.A.P. leader
:thumb:
---GamerTag: HxS L3TH4L
gungrave

Postby Yeito » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:01 pm

Hmm.. :looks at shelf: ...

Well it also depends on how much like.. blood you can handle. Compared to some things Naruto doesn't have that much blood. But compared to others it has a good bit. o_o; So.. uh.. yah..

Lagoon Engine is pretty good. Its pretty actiony, its about maga and stuff. I like it anyway. BUT BE WARNED. O_O IT DOESN'T END. >_> :got really mad about that:

One that I LOVE is Peacemaker. But compared to Naruto it has a good bit of blood.

Another may be Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle. I'm not sure if you would consider this too shojo-y or not. o_o; I think it just depends on how one .... sees it. ^^; Opinion if you will. So maybe read through the first through chapters before just buying it or anything.

My brain is on hiatus right now cause i just got home from school... but if I think of anymore, I'll let you know.

Oh, And Rurouni Kenshin manga is pretty good. I like it better than the anime, but others like it the other way around so its another personal opinion thing o_o; Anyway... hoped I helped a little. Maybe if you could say how much blood/fighting/gore you can handle? .-.;
Yeito

Postby gungrave » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:32 pm

[quote="Yeito"]Hmm.. :looks at shelf: ...

Well it also depends on how much like.. blood you can handle. Compared to some things Naruto doesn't have that much blood. But compared to others it has a good bit. o_o]

well thanks and I thought about looking into kenshin, my brother already got peacemaker... I got lost though lol, and I can handle blood. I guess I only really care about two things, #1: extreme language #2: nudity/sex/ect.

I need to learn to be more specific. :hits_self :mutter:

then I will be all over those games like white on a paper plate with a styrofoam cup filled with milk in the north pole during a snow storm ---iscryed4u which is my AIM screen name so, I said it XD

\m/ >,< \m/<-----if u listen to anti hip-hop music Aka metal or just hard rock put this in ur profile and represent

C.R.A.P. leader
gungrave

Postby Yeito » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:39 pm

Lol. Dude its ok. Really. I'm just dense is all. xD My friend Kami has a bigger shelf than me so she could probably make better suggestions. o_o;

I would suggest Immortal Rain BUT there was a boob shot in the second book. e_e; so nevermind.

What about Chrno Crusade? Theres some sailor moon style nudity in it. o_o; But nothing like detailed.
Yeito

Postby Kami » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:44 pm

[ I'm Kami by the way XD; ] Oh ! If you can handle blood and gore, I totally suggest X/1999 ! It's drawn fantastic. BUT !! It doesn't end e_e; I got .....a tad upset >_>;; Anywho. A new manga called Kamui is coming out by Broccoli, and I have read some of it and it is REALLY GOOD. ACTION ! COOL STUFF ! GOOD ART! Here's a link - http://www.broccolibooks.com/books/kamui/kamui_index.htm

I like both Shounen and Shoujo. Uhm, I would suggest Saiyuki, but it has a LOT of Language in it. Er.. :: Looks at shelf :: ... Samurai Deeper Kyo is pretty good, and Now is really good. Now is going to be re-released in the US, so it might be a little while. Bleach is REALLY good. If you like Naruto, BLEACH is the manga for you :o

List -
- Kamui
- Bleach
- Now
- X/1999
- Samurai Deeper Kyo [ Might have to look at this and read in the store to see if you like it ]

-Kami
FKA snowangel kamui

The future has yet to be determined...

" OHMYGOSH. Maybe it IS THE PHARMACIST. " -Me

" I swear. Sony and Nintendo have been fighting for years. They're like two fat kids wanting the last cupcake on earth. " - Me

Please visit mine and Yeito's site :
www.akame.iwarp.com
Kami

Postby Debitt » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:09 pm

I'd second the suggestion for Saiyuki, but you may be better off watching the anime, since it has considerably less language and fanservice.

Have you looked into Shaman King? It's got the same tone as Naruto, and if you're not bothered by the idea of using ghosts in people/weapons to fight then it's a pretty good series. It's VERY VERY long (30-something volumes if I remember right), and it has a little bit of nudity (bath scenes - you don't see anything, but you know they're naked, that sort of thing), but is mostly pretty tame aside from that.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:33 am

I'd reinforce that Bleach is a very good manga for you if you like Naruto. Its manga-ka is currently my favorite author (not necessarily artist) of any manga or derivation thereof. There are at least eight volumes out in English and the series is only going to get better following them.

One Piece hasn't been mentioned yet. The tone and style is very different than Naruto, but it does have more action than drama.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:55 am

I recommend that you avoid Samurai Deeper Kyo. I don't know what they've done to the licensed US version but this title can be heavy on fanservice and nudity (which is why I gave up on it).

Bleach and Naruto are just about the only action-packed shonen titles I currently keep track of while I own all of Rurouni Kenshin (my very first fav. action shonen manga).
Mave

Postby MasterDias » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:10 pm

My recommendations:

-Bleach
-Rurouni Kenshin
-One Piece
-Rave Master
-Shaman King
-Yu Yu Hakusho
-MAR

Those are all shonen titles with plenty of action...so...
You should find something in there to like.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Yeito » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:40 pm

Oh yah! MAR is awesome! o.o Its by the person that wrote Flame of Recca! FOR is really awesome too but you probably wouldn't want to read it cause it has been known to have some nudity in it :/

And I'm having troubel remembering actual nudity in Samurai Deeper Kyo. >_< :thinks really hard: Man I am such a lazer brain....
Yeito

Postby gungrave » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:38 pm

Huummm, alright, well I was going to go into Bleach but I wasn't sure. I don't like Shaman king One piece, or Rave master. I really do like kenshin but I own all like alot of episodes, maybe it was just the anime but I thought it got stupid right about the shisho saga. Samurai Deeper Kyo... humm I'll have to check that. never heard of MAR or Now*looks on the web*

I don't like X umm X anything(library), hoever I do like Yu Yu Hakusho... I thought alot about that!

Thank you all very much, feel free to keep posting more manga if ya want.

Oh yeah I forgot, Chrono Crusade? is it good? I was also thinking about that. ^^

C.R.A.P. leader
gungrave

Postby Debitt » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:33 pm

I'm a biiig Chrno Crusade fan. There's a tad of shower nudity at the beginning of the manga, and Rosette appears naked in a sort of spirit form twice, though that's less fanservicy in nature. Aside from that, there's the problem that some people have with the concept of "good" and "bad" demons, and a bit of incorrect theology in there.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby gungrave » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:23 am

Well... I did it, yesterday=9/11, I bought ~-bleach-~! so far its pretty good, sure ghosts and stuff...whatever. but I LIKE it. so I thank-you all for your kind suggestions,
and I'll probably still look into chrono crusade, and maybe beet, or hakusho...not sure lol.

C.R.A.P. leader
gungrave

Postby Knives » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:17 pm

gungrave wrote:AHH, YES, I have just recently come into about 7 volumes of Naruto! :)
and I was wondering if someone can suggest another manga(I don't read shoujo, not saying its bad though). I'm looking for something more action-Y over more drama-Y. I mean I like naruto and I'm going to keep getting it but I would like to get some other manga suggestions.

oh and keep in mind, if it has alot of nudity in it but its still good... please don't suggest it people. I'm only 14 lol

--The GunGravedness

I havent read very many full series so this might not be all the bad content in the manga listed below...
One Piece is good (no nudity, mild language, violence, little blood)
DBZ (violence, blood, male rear nudity for laughs, mild language)
Kenshin (very mild fanservicy outfits, gore, blood, violence, mild language)
The Prince of Tenis (very mild language)
Firefighter Diago (Mild Language, VIolence)
Project Arms (Violence, Gore/Blood, Language (no f-bombs)
Rave Master (Mild Lanugage, blood, violence, some fanservice, light light nudity)
Cyborg 009 (Language, Violence, some blood maybe)
Pineapple Army (language, violence, some minimal blood)
Jing king of Bandits (rear nudity, sailor moon style frontal nudity, fanservice, language, violence, blood)
Detective Conan (Blood, Mild Language, Gore, Violence)

Thats all I can think of, hope this helps.
Knives

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews