Prince of Tennis volumes 5-9 QUESTION!!!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Prince of Tennis volumes 5-9 QUESTION!!!

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:54 am

So, it's finally happened. I've convert them all. That's right. Them all.

Finally, after so many years of fandom, all my siblings are manga buying FIENDS! While this is a very good thing, it also has the unfortunate downside of me having to be the manga nazi-- dictating what can and cannot be read by each of the younger sibs.

Well, the manga nazi needs your help!:

My brother read the first four volumes of Prince of Tennis. They're rated "all" so I wasn't really worried about it. Now that his birthday has rolled around, he'd like the family to get him volume 5-9. This gift will be presented to him at a birthday party with several very anti-manga family members present, and this makes me nervous. Would you guys mind telling me if there's anything I should be worried about the Aunt and Uncle flipping through and seeing? (Even language. I was once petitioned to burn furuba on account of language. *quivers*)

Thanks a million, guys! It seemed shounen manga, my arch-nemesis, pursues me still! Curses! *shakes fist*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:20 am

Considering it's still rated All Ages, you oughta be fine.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Knives » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:24 am

In the first few volumes there might have been like 1 or 2 very mild profanities. I dont know anything about 5-9, sorry.
Knives

Postby MasterDias » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:30 am

Prince of Tennis? Nah.
As far as shonen manga go, that one is extremely tame. Granted, I've only read a bit of PoT, but I seriously doubt it will have anything for you to worry about in later volumes.

And Viz has gotten, shall we say, "ultra-conservative" lately when it comes to language in Shonen Jump titles so that shouldn't be a problem for you....
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Alice » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:13 pm

Yeah, is this a good manga? Interesting?
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:40 pm

I think that MasterDias has answered the original question well enough, or certainly better than I am qualified to answer it.

Alice wrote:Yeah, is this a good manga? Interesting?

If you don't mind overdramatization of tennis, I think you would find it overall worthwhile.
uc pseudonym

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews