Cheap manga until Aug. 21 (Sunday)

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Cheap manga until Aug. 21 (Sunday)

Postby Yumie » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:30 pm

Today Osaka and I went to Walden Books, and not only were they having a "buy four get the fith free" sale untill Sept. 11 (or sometime around then), they are also having 20% off for all students until Sunday (or Monday, I know there are at least a couple of days left.) This being the case, Osaka and I bought five brand new volumes of manga for $34 dollars, which is very nice if you ask me. Just wanted to let everybody know that if you have four or five manga you'd like to get your hands on, this is probably a good time to do it! :thumb:
Yumie

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:35 pm

Wow! I'm gonna see if I can do this...I need volumes 7-11 of Furuba >_o
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Debitt » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:58 pm

*_* Mmmm~ Man, why do all the sales hit when there's nothing I want out? T_T

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Yumie » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:33 pm

Ha ha, I know how you feel Kokoro, we stood in Waldens for like 15 minutes trying to decide what fifth volume we wanted. See, I had been planning on buying "The One I Love" today, and then I really wanted to get Gunslinger Girl volumes 1-3, and Osaka wanted Ultra Maniac. So that's five right? Yay, we have it all worked out. Not. They didn't have volume one of Gunslinger Girl. But it all worked out because the sales lady agreed to just order it for us and pretend we rang up with it today, marking it as prepaid on the computer. So we'll pick it up next Thursday.

Oh, I guess I should mention that when you go in you might need some kind of proof that you are actually a student somewhere. The lady there already knew Osaka and I were homeschoolers so she didn't require us to show any proof that we were in school, but I don't know if it's policy that they would normally ask for some kind of proof. So you might want to bring something in just in case.
Yumie

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:40 pm

Yumie wrote: But it all worked out because the sales lady agreed to just order it for us and pretend we rang up with it today, marking it as prepaid on the computer. So we'll pick it up next Thursday.

The funny thing about that was that I said "I didn't know you were allowed to do that!"

Then she said "Well, technically we aren't, but I'll do it anyways." I guess knowing the employees well has many advantages. :lol:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:41 pm

Kyaaaaaa! Why do I have to live in this Godless city that doesn't believe in a walden books?!

I will say Suncoast is my hero, though. They offer new releases for 20% off, so I got Furuba #11 for 7.99. Not like I can REALLY go afford to spend what little I have on manga anymore, but still...I may adventure far to find a waldenbooks this weekend, if I ever finish my logic homework.
Ashley

Postby Yumie » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:09 pm

Sorry, Ash! College has both advantages and disadvantages, ne?
Yumie

Postby Arnobius » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:06 pm

Ashley wrote:Kyaaaaaa! Why do I have to live in this Godless city that doesn't believe in a walden books?!

Maybe you need to evangelize? ;)
Arnobius

Postby Yumie » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:35 pm

[quote="AnimeHeretic"]Maybe you need to evangelize? ]

Ha ha, that's it Ashley! Spread the good news!

OK, now I just sound blasphemous :lol:
Yumie

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:36 pm

[quote="AnimeHeretic"]Maybe you need to evangelize? ]
*gasp!* That's such a good idea! She could, like, go to seminary or something!

;)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Yumie » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:46 pm

[quote="Mangafanatic"]*gasp!* That's such a good idea! She could, like, go to seminary or something!

]

Hey, sounds good to me!

Oh, wait a minute. . .
Yumie

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:56 am

Woot, waldenbooks rocks! They still had the deal on Monday when I went ^__^ I got One Piece Vol. 3-6 and Hikaru no Go Vol. 2 *happy* Thanks for posting about this deal or I would have never found it!
Kawaiikneko

Postby Kisa » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:27 am

Ah! I missed it! If I had only sen this sooner ><
Yumie you so lucky to be able to go with Osaka-chan as well!
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Yumie » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:37 pm

Kawaiikneko wrote:Woot, waldenbooks rocks! They still had the deal on Monday when I went ^__^ I got One Piece Vol. 3-6 and Hikaru no Go Vol. 2 *happy* Thanks for posting about this deal or I would have never found it!

No problem! ^-^

KisaTohru wrote: Ah! I missed it! If I had only sen this sooner ><
Yumie you so lucky to be able to go with Osaka-chan as well!

Sorry Kisa-chan! And lol, I go everywhere with Osaka-chan, we're like, connected at the hip. Not really obviously. Wouldn't it be cool if one day we met up with you and went manga shopping? he he ^-^
Yumie

Postby Kisa » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:47 am

Yumie wrote:Wouldn't it be cool if one day we met up with you and went manga shopping? he he ^-^

AH! Yessssss! That would totally rock! Hehehe, beware Walden's here we come ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews