The One I Love

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

The One I Love

Postby Ashley » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:27 pm

Thanks, KisaTohru, for another great review! This one has me really interested; I'm going to track it down soon!

http://christiananime.net/manga_reviews.php?display=213
Ashley

Postby Kisa » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:26 pm

I know youll like it Ash! Its soo cute ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:34 pm

I think we should just put a whole section up for Kisa. She's probably got half of the whole manga review section already. ;)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:45 pm

Lol, amen. Kisa's got about 2/3 of the database done, and STILL working. Good heavens girl, your manga shelf must be bigger than mine!
Ashley

Postby Kisa » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:49 pm

LOL
We wont go there.. .I know I have waaaay too much manga! ^^ but hey! Most of these reviews are scanlations, lol ><
I love manga waaaay too much ^^''
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:50 pm

KisaTohru wrote:LOL
We wont go there.. .I know I have waaaay too much manga! ^^ but hey! Most of these reviews are scanlations, lol ><
I love manga waaaay too much ^^''

We.can.not.resist.must.read.manga. ;)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:57 pm

behold... the power of MANGA! ^_^
Kisa

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:30 am

Ooo I wanna read now! I COMPLETELY forgot about this title and never seen a manga... just that clean! Yay! Found the realistic drama/romance series I was looking for! Need to go pick it up soon...
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Kisa » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:53 am

Yes its very clean and oh so CLAMPiness cute ^_^
Kisa

Postby KBMaster » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:32 am

Hey, my best friend did that picture! I think. It looks like the font she used. KisaTohru, did you get it from ShoujoMagic?
KBMaster

Postby Kisa » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:36 pm

no.... its the cover art of 'The One I Love'.... do you know CLAMP or did she do a copy?
Kisa

Postby KBMaster » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:45 am

Oh, sorry! I suppose I should have specified what she does. See, she recieved the cover with all the original Japanese text on it and then she removed it all and added English text for a scanlations site called ShoujoMagic. Again, sry. I tend to confuse people with my nonsensicalness. ^^;
KBMaster

Postby Kisa » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:17 am

LOL tis ok, I was just confused ^^
Kisa

Postby KBMaster » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:21 pm

OH NONONONO! You have every right to be confused! Cuz, see.... *whispers* I posted this in the wrong thread. :red: I MEANT to post this in the "I Won't Let You Become a Star" thread. Oh, boy, I'm so embarrassed... *kicks self three million times* Sry for any confusion. *hides in corner*
KBMaster

Postby Yumie » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:44 pm

KBMaster wrote:OH NONONONO! You have every right to be confused! Cuz, see.... *whispers* I posted this in the wrong thread. :red: I MEANT to post this in the "I Won't Let You Become a Star" thread. Oh, boy, I'm so embarrassed... *kicks self three million times* Sry for any confusion. *hides in corner*

Lol, don't worry about it. We all do stuff like that sometimes! :thumb:
Yumie

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:39 pm

So I got me a copy of this manga^^ It's full price but never thought it would be THAT skinny! But fancy textured pages and a whole chapter in colour makes up I guess... A nice little manga that gets you thinking^^ *sigh* Too bad only certain manga get them colourful beginings :/
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Kisa » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:53 am

Yea I know! Its sooo small! But the color and art is worth it ^^
Kisa

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews