Time Stranger Kyoko....incest?!*

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Time Stranger Kyoko....incest?!*

Postby Momo-P » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:36 am

Time Stranger Kyoko...one of my newest favorite series! ^^ I love it's characters, it's plot, it's art, and then....I discover one little detail never mentioned in it's review.

[spoiler]Our Aqua Stranger is head over heels in love with her brother.[/spoiler]

Yay. xX; *sighs* So just wondering, but does anyone really know what The Bible would say about this subject? I know the love is not returned (Thank God for that!) but still...I worry I'm doing something wrong by reading it.

The fact I even ordered an adorable ZENIN item before finding out this little problem makes me even more bothered.
Momo-P

Postby Ashley » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:27 pm

Having read and adored TSK, I wasn't extremely bothered by this, actually. If I remember correctly, the scan I had made it seem as though she really just adores her brother greatly, and loves him in a non-sexual way. Wasn't there something about her being adopted or stolen or something like that? Anyway, I didn't take it that way and I wasn't greatly effected by it...but it has been a long time. I'll have to go look it up.

As for what the Bible says on it, yes, incest is absolutely wrong. I'm not going to play Holy Spirit for you, but I think that there's a LOT of wrong stuff that happens in anime/manga. It has to be how much you can handle, personally--no one sin is greater than any other, after all.
Ashley

Postby Momo-P » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:26 pm

Well I know incest itself is wrong, but since he doesn't return it, not to mention she doesn't actually act on it...well...then nothing bad is really happening. Or at least I think that's how it was suppose to work. x_x;

As for her "love", I don't really know. My scan made it sound like it could be devotion, but...
[spoiler]When her and Kyoko go back in time and she sees her brother talking with Akira, she mistakes their conversation as a "loving" one and says something like "Oh brother! If you can be with a man, then surely you can marry me! "[/spoiler]
So I doubt it was just devotion. I also don't recall them being unrelated either. It completely sounds like they were blood relatives.
Momo-P

Postby Kisa » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:34 pm

I didnt even remember this detail... I must go back and look.....
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews