Fruits Basket question...

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Fruits Basket question...

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:29 am

Just picked up the first volume a while ago and then when I was re watching my first DVD of it, never noticed just HOW much similar they are (about as close as a manga-anime as Naruto!) And I'm just wondering how far into the manga do I have to read until it pretty much takes off from the anime.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:43 am

I think the anime cuts off somewhere around volume 7...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Kisa » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:37 am

yea volume 7 is about where it cuts, but they have some stuff fomr the anime out of place too. they follow pretty closely, adds a few things and makes it better IMHO. they complete eachother very well and give you more insight into the story as a whole ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:42 am

Wow... a bit of a ways to go! Yeah cause in a sense it's nice to watch series go from manga-anime, and it's also a neat thign when they change things slightly so it's not like you buy the completely same thing, just in a different format (although it can be fun^^ Well, more fun watching it go from manga-anime and not the other way around).

Well alright, cause I wanna get into the manga to check out the characters unseen in the anime (rooster and horse characters) and... try and make sense of Akito's "little" secret that totally boggled my mind when I heard about it! And I also heard something about how you finally learn how the curse can be broken... >_< I wanna get reading now! So many mangas on my list to get though...
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Kisa » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:45 am

LOL, yea I actually like the manga more than the anime! And yes, I think in volume 12 it starts going into how to break the curse... cant wait! ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews