The Big O

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

The Big O

Postby Ashley » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:04 am

A big thanks to Rocklobster (and ZIPO*_MASTER for helping me research it) for this great review:
http://christiananime.net/manga_reviews.php?display=208
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:49 pm

Yay for reviews and review researchers!

(Just a thought, should it say "nudity-- 0" if there are two pages with nudity in them in volume 3?)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:29 pm

Ack, sankyuu Osaka. I forgot to catch that. ^^;;
Ashley

Postby Shadowchild » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:32 pm

everyone makes mistakes. ^-^
[color=indigo]ADOPTED BY:Nami, CephasVII, spectroking, Starfire1
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox
PET AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF: Banana-chan
SISTER OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai [/color]

I'm looking for someone to quench my thirst - for all eternity.
Shadowchild

Postby rocklobster » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:42 am

Shadowchild wrote:everyone makes mistakes. ^-^

Thanks for pointing out the nudity. I'd totally forgotten about it. I usually don't mind it unless it's overdone and inappropriate, like it was in this case. Especially since Viz rated it as an "all ages" title!
rocklobster

Postby Ashley » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:23 am

And this, my friends, is case-in-point of why we take the extra time to review the pending reviews and make sure we got everything. ^^
Ashley

Postby Kisa » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:18 am

lol
anywho, i didnt even realize there was a manga for this!
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby rocklobster » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:08 pm

KisaTohru wrote:lol
anywho, i didnt even realize there was a manga for this!

Don't you pay attention to the closing credits? At the end of every episode, you could see "serialized in Kodansha Monthly Magazine Z" (or something like that).
rocklobster

Postby Ashley » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:14 pm

Pfff, I usually don't XD
Ashley

Postby Shadowchild » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:16 pm

yeah... me either. lol
[color=indigo]ADOPTED BY:Nami, CephasVII, spectroking, Starfire1
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox
PET AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF: Banana-chan
SISTER OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai [/color]

I'm looking for someone to quench my thirst - for all eternity.
Shadowchild

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:14 pm

rocklobster wrote:Don't you pay attention to the closing credits? At the end of every episode, you could see "serialized in Kodansha Monthly Magazine Z" (or something like that).

I always sit through all the credits.

Oh, wait, no I don't. . .

:lol:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Knives » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:56 am

Ashley wrote:A big thanks to Rocklobster (and ZIPO*_MASTER for helping me research it) for this great review:
http://christiananime.net/manga_reviews.php?display=208

Nice review. I loved the anime series of this, the nudity might keep me from getting it though. :(
Knives

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews