Our library actually has a bunch of manga...

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Our library actually has a bunch of manga...

Postby PrincessZelda » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:07 pm

It's just always checked out!!!!! :mutter:
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Shadowchild » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:12 pm

i wish i could have anime in my library but it only has boring useless stuff. i get more information off the internet. -_-
[color=indigo]ADOPTED BY:Nami, CephasVII, spectroking, Starfire1
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox
PET AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF: Banana-chan
SISTER OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai [/color]

I'm looking for someone to quench my thirst - for all eternity.
Shadowchild

Postby Locke » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:19 pm

pre order the manga!!!
Thats what I do XD
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Shadowchild » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:23 pm

i wish my mom would let me do that... -_-
[color=indigo]ADOPTED BY:Nami, CephasVII, spectroking, Starfire1
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox
PET AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF: Banana-chan
SISTER OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai [/color]

I'm looking for someone to quench my thirst - for all eternity.
Shadowchild

Postby PrincessZelda » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:55 pm

Well, I've put it on hold at the library. The only problem is people sometimes forget to return it, or renew it a bunch of times... and never bring it back...
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Locke » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:57 pm

O.o Just ask the lady at the table to search for it ( or do it yourself on the search computers)

Its fairly easy how my library has it.
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby PrincessZelda » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:17 pm

I already did that... I'm just saying... the people that borrow it are stupid, lol. Like, someone took one of the books out without checking it out! The computer said itwas on the shelf, and I went and looked, and it wasn't there. So I talked to the person at the desk, and they looked all over the place and it wasn't anywhere... And then, all the other copies are out... and some are over due... but oh well... *Sigh*

PrincessZelda

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:43 pm

My library has manga, and (if one visits it somewhat regularly and acts quickly) it is possible to actually get ahold of it. Unfortunately, they seem to be getting random volumes from random series...
uc pseudonym

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:49 pm

Zelda27 wrote:It's just always checked out!!!!! :mutter:

Get on a waiting list! That's what I have to do, but it's worth it.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby PrincessZelda » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:05 pm

Yeah, I am.

PrincessZelda

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:30 pm

the manga at my library is all like dbz or really old stuff... and they're all higher numbers =_=;; Never volume 1
Kawaiikneko

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:37 pm

I've seen manga at my local library, but I've never gotten around to checking the section out. All the good series are probably gone anyways.

I wish you luck with the placing of holds, I find if there's more than fifteen holds, it probably isn't worth it. By the time you get the book/manga/cd you probably won't be very interested in it anymore. But if it's not too pressing, the hold system works, that is unless people lose the item :stressed:
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Alice » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:48 pm

The manga at my local library seems to all be Yu-Gi-Oh and DBZ, maybe one Dragonball without the Z. I'm not interested.
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Uzziel » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:30 am

My library has some manga,but they're mostly ones I don't really like, and the ones I do like are usually checked out.
Uzziel

Postby Starfire1 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:28 pm

We have some manga at my library. Just a little really. Half the time it's checked out but hopefully, at the new one they're building, there'll be a better selection. One they did have was blue interior. I read 1-6 of it I believe then returned it and never saw it again. Or at any other bookstore or library I went to either.
Only a dead thing goes with the stream. Only a living thing can go against it.

USSRGirl wrote:>.< No. Because I say it tastes of evil. And everyone is entitled to my opinion.

"It is impossible to end hatred with hatred"-Gandi

Adopted by Mega.EXE
Adopted: KhakiBlueSocks, ShadowChild
Starfire1

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews