Serenity Christian Manga

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Serenity Christian Manga

Postby Godly Paladin » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:05 am

There's a new Christian Manga coming out: "Serenity: Bad Girl on the Block".

Not my cup 'o tea, but I thought I'd give y'all a heads-up.
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby Shadowchild » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:07 am

sounds cool when does it come out?
[color=indigo]ADOPTED BY:Nami, CephasVII, spectroking, Starfire1
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox
PET AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF: Banana-chan
SISTER OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai [/color]

I'm looking for someone to quench my thirst - for all eternity.
Shadowchild

Postby Godly Paladin » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:10 am

Seek [on Google] and ye shall find. Knock, and the link shall be opened unto you.

Translation: I don't know.
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:18 am

Barnes and Nobles' website says they'll have it on November 28, and that it will be released bimonthy, starting in January and ending after either six or seven volumes (I'm not certain which).

I have no intention of buying this (unless it is truly incredible or isn't what it appears), but every intention of reading it. Still, it was described as "for girls in their teens or tweens" and "inspirational" so I have my doubts.
uc pseudonym

Postby Godly Paladin » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:51 pm

I have no intention of buying this (unless it is truly incredible or isn't what it appears), but every intention of reading it.

Are you one of those types that sits at B&N and reads stuff without buying? Tsk tsk! ;)
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:08 am

They have those comfortable chairs for a reason. The assumption is that even if a person reads many books, they'll buy at least a few (or buy ones they can't finish... but I always finish).
uc pseudonym

Postby Godly Paladin » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:06 pm

They have those comfortable chairs for a reason. The assumption is that even if a person reads many books, they'll buy at least a few (or buy ones they can't finish... but I always finish).

In theory, maybe, but many of the people I know use it like a library. :eyeroll:
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:06 pm

Ah,but does your local library also have a coffee shop?
mitsuki lover

Postby Photosoph » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:56 pm

Hmm... sounds interesting. I'd like to check it out.

If they have a coffee shop, then perhaps they also hope you'll stain the books and have to buy them? ;)
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:17 am

Godly Paladin wrote:In theory, maybe, but many of the people I know use it like a library. :eyeroll:

Ah. Well, I don't live close to one, so my visits are generally less than twice a year.

Having said that, I think this thread would not be harmed by any discussion on the actual topic, which likely deserves discussion. It is likely there will be little of that until the book in question actually comes out.
uc pseudonym

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:20 am

You have bookshops with seats? Wish we did. And if you get caught browsing through a book for awhile, an employee will often ask you to buy the book or kindly leave. That's what happened to me.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Knuckles » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:55 am

All the Books-A-Millions, Barnes & Nobles, and Borders around my area have coffee shops and comfy couches all over the store to sit down. Some people just sit down in the book aisles and read when all the couches are filled up :p
No one really says anything if you're reading an entire book in teh store without buying it lol

as for the manga, it looks interesting enough for Americanized manga style. Maybe I'll sit down in one of the book aisles and read through it before I buy it :p
You know, this is the first Christian manga I've actaully seen that's going retail @_@ Are there others that I'm unaware about?
Knuckles

Postby Godly Paladin » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:17 pm

This is the first commercial one I've heard of. There are Christian comic books, like ArmorQuest and everything else, but not Manga.

So...this is going to be American Shojo, right? Seems pretty likely, given the premise.
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby Alice » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:59 pm

There is a Christian manga coming out around Christmas (this coming one). However, I forget the name. I'll try to find it for you guys.

The art style that I saw looked REALLY, REALLY good. Clamp-ish, but not exactly. Personally, I can't wait.

(But I never heard of the one you guys mentioned here.)
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby inkhana » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:58 pm

Would it be Shelter of Wings, Alice? I've seen some of the art for that...*o* it looks awesome.

As far as Serenity is concerned, I won't be a harsh judge until I've had the chance to read the story, but I've seen the artist's other drawings and I was kind of surprised that the quality wasn't a little higher. Not that I'm one to talk @.@

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Alice » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:28 pm

Yes yes. :D
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:45 pm

LOL, I just read about this in World Magazine today. I think it looks kinda interesting...I'll definitely give it a read-through. I just hope it doesn't end up like most Christian movies do these days...I hope they at least try to make it realistic, y'know? Well, I guess we'll just see! ^_^
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Godly Paladin » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:55 am

LOL, I just read about this in World Magazine today.

We get our info from the same place. :grin:
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:13 am

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:You have bookshops with seats? Wish we did. And if you get caught browsing through a book for awhile, an employee will often ask you to buy the book or kindly leave. That's what happened to me.

I won't say that isn't the case in some bookstores, but perhaps that is more of an Austrailian characteristic. That's odd.

Alice wrote:There is a Christian manga coming out around Christmas (this coming one). However, I forget the name. I'll try to find it for you guys.

If it is Shelter of Wings, I may have to look into it. I can't say what I've seen was exactly my genre, but I'd at least be fairly hopeful.
uc pseudonym

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews