looking for a new series...

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

looking for a new series...

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:59 pm

...either anime or manga (I say manga cause I'm guessing there'd be a lot of these).

Anyhow, I'm looking for some kinda reaslitic drama series (one without any special powers or anythign for once^^) and you know some kinda lovey romance thingie happening... to put it simple some kind of "teen soap opera" :/ It's just the mood I'm in right now to read/watch I guess. There's one called Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, which comes at #2 on the top 200 list on AnimeNfo site but it seems hard to find and I don't know much of content in it :/

But whatever the series is (like I said, some kinda realistic drama thingie) I don't mind kissing scenes, but just nothing over the top :/ And preferably with as little ecchi as possible :/ (I can handle Chobits, like the show for the show and I've seen Elfen Lied for the story but... bit to much there^^)

So yeah anime or manga (didn't wanna make another post of this in the other forum) but yeah nay help would do^^

EDIT: BTW I've seen Boys Be... and it was alright but being a guys point of view it had some ecchi in it. Still it was alright, but not the greatest.

Another EDIT: thought I posted this in the anime section :/ Meh oh well, either way.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Yumie » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:36 pm

Have you ever read Imadoki? Sounds like exactly what you're looking for.
Yumie

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:04 pm

Hmmm odd a romance involving gardening?!

Depends how many volumes are involved -_-; I see up to vol. 5 on Viz's site.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Ashley » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:14 pm

5 is the final for Imadoki, and it's an fantastic series. I highly recommend it.

Sounds like your tastes are like mine. I'd suggest:

- Full Moon o Sagashite: This is awesome! Hands down my favorite manga series, and it's finally here in the states! This is exactly what you're looking for I think, and overall while it has its dark sides (and its mild sexual scene), it's a very touching story and one of the best dramas ever. Definately worth a look. I believe it's 6 volumes. Volume 1 just released.

- Fruits Basket: though it's not straight up romance, it definately has the right elements for one. Beware, the series is still running in Japan; I think they're up to volume 14.

- DNAngel: A cute "kaito" story, with a boy this time instead of a girl. Beware, rabid yaoi fangirls would have you reading between the lines, but I've really enjoyed it thus far. I think this is up to volume 10, but it may still be running.

- Magic Knights Rayearth/Rayearth II: Though this is more of a fantasy, it had some romantic elements to it. 3 volumes in each arc.

-Pretear: Again, not really a straight up romance, it definately had 7 cute boys; 2 of which vied for the main heroine's affection. It's a new take on Snow White.

Keep an eye out for Phantom Thief Jeanne--while there are some seriously questionable religious content (I wrote a whole review on it, so you can check that out in depth ^^;; ) this definately is chock full of drama and romance. :thumb:
Ashley

Postby Shadowchild » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:20 pm

if yu havent yet Tsubasa is also a really good book. you have to read the first one to know what i am talking about.
[color=indigo]ADOPTED BY:Nami, CephasVII, spectroking, Starfire1
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox
PET AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF: Banana-chan
SISTER OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai [/color]

I'm looking for someone to quench my thirst - for all eternity.
Shadowchild

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:23 pm

Own all 6 MKRs... starting on Fruits Basket... might concider DNAngel one day... Full Moon is on my maybe list... read friend's Tsubasa...

But yeah once agai nI was thinking something a bit more... realistic... kinda like somethign out of Shojo Beat (never did get it because of the stuff I heard from Absolute Boyfriend) but somethign around those lines...

Still need to borrow the rest of my friend's Kenshin manga^^ Haven't read past her vol. 11 :/
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:17 pm

Man, there is NOTHING realistic about the stuff in Shoujobeat. :lol:

No, really, you should give Imadoki a try. It's by the same author as Absolute boyfriend but minus all the andriod-incest crud. Really, it's one of the best. Give it a try! :thumb:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:55 pm

Alright, I'll think about it... need more money to finish some other anime/manga series of mine first though >_<
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Kaorugirl » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:16 pm

I second Ashley about the Fruits Basket one,, it's REALLY good.
Kaorugirl

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews