Need a new manga

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Need a new manga

Postby Sai » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:35 pm

Hey all,

I am looking for a new cleanish manga right now since everything else seems to take so long to release or is just isnt hoding my interest. I already own tsubasa, kenshin, naruto, fruits basket, DN angel, Angelic Layer, MKR 1 and 2. No sex or that type of stuff please.
Sai

Postby faithfighter » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:42 pm

well I personally like:

>Neotopai 1-3 are perfectly clean. it exciting and fun...and midly romanatic but not really.
>Gundam Seed, adventure, clean!
>Rave Master: ROLF funny, adventure.
>Juvenile Orion: great adventure exciting!!!
>From far away, by far the cleanest, funnest, most adventurest Shojo I have ever read!! it is by far one of the best manga ever!!
>Inuyasha, so far very clean...and funny and adventurous.

I would say Frut basket but you already mentioned that one so...ya there ya go
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:46 pm

Oh, Yotsuba& is COMPLETELY clean. It's sort of spice of life and there's not really a cohesive story-- but it's freakin' hillarious.

Pretear is very clean, but it lacks a strong ending. Other than that, it was a pretty good series. Especially the art. *drools*

Imadoki-- there is one time when a [spoiler] side character gets pregnant out of wedlock, but it's happened in the past.[/spoiler] Aside from that, it's a really wonderful series. And if you're interested, there's a review in the review section of this manga-- written by my imouto-san!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:47 pm

Check out Full Moon wo Sagashite. :]
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Kisa » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:28 pm

Merupuri is good and Dream Saga is cute too ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby faithfighter » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:57 pm

ya I was going to mention imadoki but I wsn't sure if it was clean enough...with Arisa...but it was a reallyt good serise...except the ending was lacking
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby Ashley » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:46 pm

.hack//legend of the twilight is a really cute one, from what I've seen. And Kireihana's review said the rest was really clean. Pretear is another cute, clean one to check out, in addition to all the other fine suggestions *cough Full Moon cough* =)
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:34 am

*One minor note on Full Moon Wo Sagashite, there is one character who is having an affair and we briefly see her in her bra and skirt.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Sai » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:26 am

i was wonderin about juvenile orion. Whats that about? And also Full Moon Wo Sagashite. Thanks
Sai

Postby Yumie » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:41 am

Full Moon Wo Sagashite was a great Anime, so if the manga measures up it would be fantastic. . .

It's about this twelve year old girl who wants to become a singer, but has throat cancer that makes singing very difficult, and will more than likely kill her if something isn't done. However, if she has the cancer removed, it will damage her vocal cords in such a way that there is very little likelyhood that she will ever be able to sing, or even speak, again. This all looks hopeless to her until one day, two Shinigami appear in her room and inform her that she only has one year left to live. She decides if this is the case, she'll do anything she can to pursue her dreams in the little amount of time she has remaining. When the Shinigami grant her the power to become a sixteen year old version of herself (that doesn't have throat cancer) in order to try out at a big singing audition, she finds her dreams more possible than she had ever imagined they could be. Now, she has one year to sing as much as she can, befriending a couple of Shinigami and others she meets along the way.
Yumie

Postby Ashley » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:40 am

May I also add that Full Moon is Ashley's favorite manga evah? And it made Gypsy cry!
Ashley

Postby SnoringFrog » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:45 am

Fulll Metal Alchemist and King of Bandits:Jing are both pretty good.
SnoringFrog

Postby Knives » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:21 am

Frubafan89 wrote:Hey all,

I am looking for a new cleanish manga right now since everything else seems to take so long to release or is just isnt hoding my interest. I already own tsubasa, kenshin, naruto, fruits basket, DN angel, Angelic Layer, MKR 1 and 2. No sex or that type of stuff please.

I havent read the entire series of these so there might be more bad stuff in here that i dont know of.
Cyborg 009: Some cussing and mild violence
Rave Master: the later volumes have some girls in bikinis and a sailor moon type transformation scene but thats all i can remebmer as objectionable.
Project Arms: Pretty violent and has some language but no nudity or sex that I know of.
Firefighter Diago: Some language, violence.
One Piece: Mild Language, some mild violence.
Hunter x Hunter: I think there is some language and is pretty violent.
DBZ: Mild Language, Violence.
Mink: I dont know of anyh objectionable content in this.

If you want to find more check out the manga reviews.

EDIT: Also, Jing King of Bandits has some nudity in it.
Knives

Postby SnoringFrog » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:07 pm

I havent read the entire series of these so there might be more bad stuff in here that i dont know of.
Cyborg 009: Some cussing and mild violence
Rave Master: the later volumes have some girls in bikinis and a sailor moon type transformation scene but thats all i can remebmer as objectionable.
Project Arms: Pretty violent and has some language but no nudity or sex that I know of.
Firefighter Diago: Some language, violence.
One Piece: Mild Language, some mild violence.
Hunter x Hunter: I think there is some language and is pretty violent.
DBZ: Mild Language, Violence.
Mink: I dont know of anyh objectionable content in this.

If you want to find more check out the manga reviews.

EDIT: Also, Jing King of Bandits has some nudity in it.

Oh, sorry, I haven't read all of the series yet, and it's been awhile since I read the first few books.

BTW: You read Project ARMs? I didn't know they still made that. I got up to book number 4 or 5 then Books-A-Million and Walden's Books both stopped carrying it.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Rev. Doc » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:16 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Oh, Yotsuba& is COMPLETELY clean. It's sort of spice of life and there's not really a cohesive story-- but it's freakin' hillarious.

I'll second this title. I don't collect much manga but this is one title I've made an exception for. It's really cute.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Sai » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:34 pm

Where can i find this Yotsuba? I checked borders online but didnt see anything.
Sai

Postby Rev. Doc » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:59 pm

Frubafan89 wrote:Where can i find this Yotsuba? I checked borders online but didnt see anything.

Try Amazon.com under the Yotsuba name.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Sai » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:58 pm

I found Yotsuba and imodaki whats that one and azumanga dioh or whatever, whats that like?
Sai

Postby Ashley » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:37 pm

Imadoki is an awesome, cute, tear-jerking story by Yuu Watase (it's head and shoulders above most of her work). We have a review in our database for it here:
http://christiananime.net/manga_reviews.php?display=198

Azumanga Daioh is about a group of girls who go through high school. Also in our database:
http://christiananime.net/manga_reviews.php?display=187
Ashley

Postby Sai » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:06 pm

thanks
Sai

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews