Fruits Basket 11!!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Fruits Basket 11!!

Postby Yumie » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:33 pm

Oh boy, so Osaka bought the newest volume of Fruits Basket, volume 11, today! I read it, wow, it was kind of different from the rest, but it was still so cool! I'm really excited about the next one now, I can't wait to see what happens next-- but isn't the next volume not going to be released for like another six months or something? :sniffle: I'm not sure if that's right or not but I think that's what I heard. . .

Anyways, first thing: [spoiler] A little too much Rin was present in this volume, lol, that was a little disturbing, I'm still trying to figure out how I can draw in puffy clouds or something to make her decent, but it will look so obvious. . .[/spoiler]

And secondly: [spoiler] Poor Kyo! He's got it so rough, I hope somebody knocks the snot out of Akito, and soon. And little Momiji, OK, so the kid is sixteen but he still seems like a twelve year old to me, I would have liked him to have punched Akito right back. . . I REALLY hate Akito. . . And Shigure, I still don't know what to think about him, he's up to something, and it's scary. But I think it was Akito's mistake, revealing so much about the curse to Tohru. Now she's determined to break it, and when Tohru puts her mind to something. . . well, Akito definitely underestimates her. And she was really brave when she faced him to, so YAY TOHRU. [/spoiler]

So anyways, I don't know how I'm going to be able to contain myself until I get my hands on the next volume, but I'll figure out something I guess. . .

(P.S. if you post and make a spoiler that refers to a future volume, PLEASE make that clear before the spoiler so that I and other unsuspecting Fruba fans don't have any spoiled suprises. Thanks!!)
Yumie

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:43 pm

Wait..11 is out ALREADY?

I thought 10 came out this month..O.o
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Ashley » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:46 pm

11 is already out?!

Holy cow, I'm still on #9! I miss having a job so I can buy obscene amounts of manga. ; __ ;
Ashley

Postby Yumie » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:47 pm

Yes it is indeed out already! I bought it at B. Dalton. It should be out at any Walden Books also, since they usually get them about two weeks before the scheduled release date.
Yumie

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:10 pm

Yumie wrote:Anyways, first thing: [spoiler] A little too much Rin was present in this volume, lol, that was a little disturbing, I'm still trying to figure out how I can draw in puffy clouds or something to make her decent, but it will look so obvious. . .[/spoiler]

. . . Um, I already drew her a swim suit. Obvious, but less obvious than fluffy clouds.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:04 pm

Yumie wrote: but isn't the next volume not going to be released for like another six months or something? :sniffle: I'm not sure if that's right or not but I think that's what I heard. . .

Yeah, every four months. I think it's cause Tokyopop is catiching up to japan's volumes. -.-

Yumie wrote:Anyways, first thing: [spoiler] A little too much Rin was present in this volume, lol, that was a little disturbing, I'm still trying to figure out how I can draw in puffy clouds or something to make her decent, but it will look so obvious. . .[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yeah, it showed a tad....ok, WAY too much. -.- But I can't wait till vol. 14, it focuses mostly on her.^^ *too bad I spoiled it for myself.-.-*
It was soooo cute when Tohru over heard Kyo and Momiji and she had to go, inhale, exhale.
I'm glad it showed that Kyo knew Kyoko. I thought that was told later in the story.[/spoiler]
Any how a good volume.^^
SorasOathkeeper

Postby soul alive » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:15 am

i about popped when i saw this in the store early, and i know i'm going to pop for real from having to wait till december for the next volume.

[spoiler] i know i was surprised at how much Rin was shown... sticky notes may be in order (my preferred method of bestowing modesty for manga characters) [/spoiler]
and this shows how oblivious i am sometimes: [spoiler] i totally missed the Kyoko and Kyo part the first time i read it, and i only caught it the second time because i was looking for it. i can't wait to see where this is going.[/spoiler]
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:32 am

[spoiler=question about Soul's Alive's second spoiler]Kyoko? What does she have to do with anything?[/spoiler]
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Lord Traith » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:54 am

Argh.

Ive seen the anime, and own the box set DVD, but one thing keeps nagging at me. I know I have to get the manga, but moneys short and so on and so forth.

I have a couple of questions for the Manga readers. First, does Tohru EVER fall in love/kiss either Kyo or Yuki? It drove me nuts waiting for something to happen, and episode 26 came, and then it went. With ZERO conclusion... And also, I heard mention above that Tohru may be able to break the curse... What's that all about, and how, and how close is she to actually doing it?

I'm sorry if I'm being a nusance asking all these questions, but I have to know....
Lord Traith

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:00 am

Mangafanatic wrote:[spoiler=question about Soul's Alive's second spoiler]Kyoko? What does she have to do with anything?[/spoiler]

[SPOILER]Actually, Kyou has EVERYTHING to do with Kyoko. But that's a spoiler for another volume. ]

I heard mention above that Tohru may be able to break the curse... What's that all about, and how, and how close is she to actually doing it?

Heh. I know all about how to break the curse, and I can PM you if you really want to know, but it's a pretty big spoiler, so be warned.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby faithfighter » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:45 am

serisly!!! I thought it wasn't coming out till August???....its alread here yay!! I have been so ready for the new one...
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:30 pm

[SPOILER]Gah! Fanservice and bad religion in the same volume! Dagonne it. Anyway, I liked how this one focused more on the central plot with the Zodiac and Tohru. And I wondered where Kagura lived, although that should have been obvious. What is with Akito thinking he's God? Or even a god, because I'm assuming he said kami-sama in the Japanese. Man, he is so psycho. I like how Hiro is maturing some and isn't running his mouth so much. He's the kind of kid who will make a good man if he can learn to act like one. [/SPOILER]
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:41 pm

Doubleshadow wrote:[SPOILER]What is with Akito thinking he's God? Or even a god, because I'm assuming he said kami-sama in the Japanese. Man, he is so psycho. [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Akito isn't God, he repersents the god in the Zodiac story, just like Yuki repersents the rat, Kyo the cat, so on and so foruth. Akito is just the head of the Juunishi, and has a bond with them.[/SPOILER]
SorasOathkeeper

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:43 pm

I am reading this volume with Scanlations.. I will eventually buy them. but I just..can't wait! >.<)

Anyway.. I AM SOO LOVING THIS VOLUME!!

I just got past the part...

[spoiler] When Kyo is thinking "I love her! I love her!" KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA[/spoiler] as soon as I read that I had to rush down and tell my older sis and she is like, "So?"

But.. Man! I think this is sooo great!

\
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:45 pm

ohh I got this one right before I left for camp and I loved it soo much! But the whole hype with "Akito revealing his huge secret" was overly hype I think.
[spoiler] Its already obvious he represents the god in the zodiac story =_=;; I'm waiting for the real "big secret" is revealed... *flames and mauls the evil fanfic writer that failed to put a spoiler warning at the top of her story* grrr[/spoiler]

And I will go insane waiting for volume 12 in DECEMBER
*goes into the fetal position and cries*
Kawaiikneko

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:56 pm

Doubleshadow wrote:[SPOILER]Gah! Fanservice and bad religion in the same volume! Dagonne it. Anyway, I liked how this one focused more on the central plot with the Zodiac and Tohru. And I wondered where Kagura lived, although that should have been obvious. What is with Akito thinking he's God? Or even a god, because I'm assuming he said kami-sama in the Japanese. Man, he is so psycho. I like how Hiro is maturing some and isn't running his mouth so much. He's the kind of kid who will make a good man if he can learn to act like one. [/SPOILER]

[spoiler] I don't think he says he is GOD persay.. From what I read he just represents God...in the story...meaning that he is the CENTER of the curse.... or at least that is how I interpreted[/spoiler]
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews