Dont forget the old stuff...

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Dont forget the old stuff...

Postby Knives » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:14 pm

I was looking around on some manga sites and came accross some of these cool looking manga. Discuss them here!
NOTE: SOME OF THE MANGA BELOW MAY CONTAIN MATURE CONTENT!

Ashen Victor: Its by the manga-ka that wrote Battle Angel. It sounds cool.

Striker: I think this is about a guy that fights nazis, sounds cool.

No 5.: It sounds cool A science-fiction thriller set in a powerfully imagined multicultural future landscape that resembles the current Middle East, NO. 5 is the latest work from the acclaimed creator of BLACK & WHITE, Taiyo Matsumoto.
In this second volume, with No.'s 8 and 9 down for the count, No. 5 continues his battle against the forces of the Rainbow Council. In a world that has become 70% harsh desert, the Rainbow Council of the International Peace Keeping Forces, a team of super-powered global security guardians, have a growing crisis on their hands. No. 5, one of their own and known within the council as their top marksman, has left his post and gone rogue. It's up to the other guardians to track him down—but No. 5, with his mysterious companion Matroshka, won't go down without a fight.

Black and White: Its said to be hyper violent but its only T+ so it cant be that bad, looks great.

Galaxy Express 999

Riot

Steam Detectives: Ive read a few volumes, good mystery a bit like DConan

One Pound Gospel

Adolf: A GREAT manga, I havent read all of it but what Ive read was very good.

Eagle: Ive been meaning to get this from my library.

Phoenix: Its a sad manga that is...ok,

Mermaid Saga

Return of Lum

LYCANTHROPE LEO
Ogre Slayer

Pixy Junket

Orochi Blood

The Legend of Kamui

Samurai Crusader

Chicago

Short Program

Bio-Booster Armor Guyver

Metal Guardian Faust: Its good until the ending...

Baoh: I liked this manga. (Violent and gory)

Mobile Police Patlabor

Eat-Man

There are of course more that I didnt mention because i thought they sounded to...objectionable. All of these titles are from VIZ.
Knives

Postby Arnobius » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:11 pm

Knives wrote:I was looking around on some manga sites and came accross some of these cool looking manga. Discuss them here!
NOTE: SOME OF THE MANGA BELOW MAY CONTAIN MATURE CONTENT!

Ashen Victor: Its by the manga-ka that wrote Battle Angel. It sounds cool.

Striker: I think this is about a guy that fights nazis, sounds cool.

No 5.: It sounds cool A science-fiction thriller set in a powerfully imagined multicultural future landscape that resembles the current Middle East, NO. 5 is the latest work from the acclaimed creator of BLACK & WHITE, Taiyo Matsumoto.
In this second volume, with No.'s 8 and 9 down for the count, No. 5 continues his battle against the forces of the Rainbow Council. In a world that has become 70% harsh desert, the Rainbow Council of the International Peace Keeping Forces, a team of super-powered global security guardians, have a growing crisis on their hands. No. 5, one of their own and known within the council as their top marksman, has left his post and gone rogue. It's up to the other guardians to track him down—but No. 5, with his mysterious companion Matroshka, won't go down without a fight.

Black and White: Its said to be hyper violent but its only T+ so it cant be that bad, looks great.

Galaxy Express 999

Riot

Steam Detectives: Ive read a few volumes, good mystery a bit like DConan

One Pound Gospel

Adolf: A GREAT manga, I havent read all of it but what Ive read was very good.

Eagle: Ive been meaning to get this from my library.

Phoenix: Its a sad manga that is...ok,

Mermaid Saga

Return of Lum

LYCANTHROPE LEO
Ogre Slayer

Pixy Junket

Orochi Blood

The Legend of Kamui

Samurai Crusader

Chicago

Short Program

Bio-Booster Armor Guyver

Metal Guardian Faust: Its good until the ending...

Baoh: I liked this manga. (Violent and gory)

Mobile Police Patlabor

Eat-Man

There are of course more that I didnt mention because i thought they sounded to...objectionable. All of these titles are from VIZ.

GE999 Snoozefest
One Pound Gospel: Going through Takahashi Rumiko's mind (Um, what do I know about nuns? Um, they wear those long dress thingies... close enough). I didn't like it personally because she obviously knew nothing about Christianity
Eagle: "America would be better if it was more like Japan."
return of Lum: Excellent. See Takahashi before she sold out
Short Program: Excellent
Arnobius

Postby shooraijin » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:22 pm

One Pound Gospel! I've heard very good things about that. Does anyone know where the anime is, btw? I think Viz still makes both the manga and the anime, but I can't find either.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Arnobius » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:33 pm

shooraijin wrote:One Pound Gospel! I've heard very good things about that. Does anyone know where the anime is, btw? I think Viz still makes both the manga and the anime, but I can't find either.

I believe you can order the manga through Viz... there are three volumes.

They don't have the anime listed though. Amazon lists it at around $29 for a dubbed vhs

I guess it's kind of cute. Being a Catholic myself, it's kind of annoying seeing all the flagrant errors (it's not at all accurate) that exists in the manga, so that may cloud my judgement.
Arnobius

Postby Breakman » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:01 pm

I read the first four comic volumes of "One Pound Gospel." It isn't all to thrilling or anything as say... "Ranma 1/2" or "Lum", but it's a cute read. I think the anime is hard to find now... They're only on VHS.

I don't know if I want to get into "Adolf." I don't know... I really don't like war comics. But, I have heard good things about it.

Galaxy Express 999 was fun. Kinda reminded me of Star Wars too. ^^; Captain Herlock is cool. I'm currently checking out his separate story now.

Eat-Man was fun too. I haven't watched or read anymore after a questionable episode, but other than that, it had a nice story.

Phoenix is kinda long winded. Interesting story, but it clashed with my belief in Christianity too much. Rock is in it though. ^_^
:cool:
Breakman

Postby Knives » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:08 am

Breakman wrote:.

Phoenix is kinda long winded. Interesting story, but it clashed with my belief in Christianity too much. Rock is in it though. ^_^

Yes, phoenix has a lot of stuff about evoloution if I remember correctly. I only read it because i heard it was a masterpiece.
Knives

Postby Arnobius » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:09 am

I had heard it was about reincarnation, but I only read an excerpt from Manga Manga, so I don't know for sure.
Arnobius

Postby Knives » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:37 am

I read it a loooong time ago so i dont really remember. It might be about re incarnation.
By the way, has anyone hear read Black and White, No 5 or Ashen Victor, I was wondering about their content.
Knives

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews