manga for christians

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

manga for christians

Postby Uriel » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:39 am

Hello! I'm reading some titles and I'd love to recommend them to Christian readers. If there are any you want to add, write a review too! If you haven't done so already, check out these mangas:

- WISH (CLAMP)
A little angel named Kohaku is saved by a young man named Shuchiro and she agrees to grant him a wish. The manga's short and sweet and is only 4 volumes long, so it's not too much to read.

- Demon Ororon (Hakase Mizuki)
Chiaki is the orphaned daughter of Archangel Michael, and one day a devil Ororon appears. He's moved by the little angel's kindness and develops a serious crush on her. But with demons and angels seeking each other's lives, it's a dangerous gamble. This manga runs on to quite a few volumes and the story/art DOES grow on you after a while. You get a heck of a lot of pages for your money.

- CROSS (Sumiko Amakawa)
This long tale follows the activities of young exorcist Takara Amakusa. It's got plenty of Vatican intruge and movie-style SFX - fans of darker, fantastic material take note.

- ANGEL SANCTUARY (Kaori Yuki)
Although it's been dissed for having incest in it, this story is truly an epic of the imagination, spanning from the deepest pits of Gehenna to the heights of Heaven. Despite the Gothic style, this story addresses many issues such as the nature of sin and the battle between good and evil. AND it's still going strong - Yuki's epic is expected to reach 25 volumes!

-Guardian Angel Getten (Sakurano Minene)
One day, a young boy called Shichiri Tasuke meets an angel who lives inside a magical artefact called the Shitenrin. She becomes his very own loving Guardian Angel! So far I've only seen 4 issues of this comic, it's very much an Oh My Goddess story with similar artwork.
Peace be with you...look not on our sins but on the faith of Your church.
Uriel

Postby shooraijin » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:41 am

Although you were well meaning, I'm going to close this for a couple of reasons.

First, Angel Sanctuary is one of our Do Not Discuss titles. These are titles we have requested no further discussion of in public because of the large amount of controversy they generate when they are brought up, and that goes for the manga as well as the anime. See the DnD list here: http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=4946

Second, we actually have a formalized Manga Reviews board, and you might consider either taking part in those discussions, or submitting a review of your own. Here is the forum link: http://www.christiananime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=88

To prevent duplication, I will close this thread. However, please feel free to see and take part in the reviews section!
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews