Chrono Crusade Vol. 5

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Chrono Crusade Vol. 5

Postby Ky Kiske » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:32 pm

does anyone else have this?
First off I just wanna say this is an awesome series but what I was wondering is, When I got Vol 5 I notice on the color part two pages were exactly alike, when Rosette meets Josh, on mine somehow, it repeats the page.
Is this something I should take back, or is it rare like a misprint?
does anyone have this manga?
Justice divine has weighed: the doom is clear. All hope renounce, ye lost, who enter here.
--Dante Alighieri The Inferno
Ky Kiske

Postby Yeito » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:39 pm

My friend has this manga and I read it. YES It is awesome.

Though I must say that the anime is a BIG HUGE ULTIMATE letdown in terms of the ending. o_o; They totally strayed around the fifth book and went into all this> :twists the entire christian religion to make a weird and not-appeasing ending totally different from the manga:

I'll ask my friend Kel if hers is like that. o_o;
Yeito

Postby Ky Kiske » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:24 pm

yeah that's because the author didn't have any part in the anime, other people kinda just started it on their own, and it really wasn't the story Daisuke wanted to tell.
He wanted to manga to be serious at times but over all very light and the anime didn't turn out that way. I guess that's what happens when people try to mess with what the original intent, the result ends up completely sucking and is an insult to the author.
Justice divine has weighed: the doom is clear. All hope renounce, ye lost, who enter here.
Ky Kiske

Postby Yeito » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:47 pm

Yah.

And even though they kept it basically the same up till then, Mr. Daisuke hadn't written an ending by the time the anime producers got to making their ending so they made up their own. o_o they do that with so many anime. It gets annoying.

-_-;
Yeito

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:32 pm

I'm sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but is Chrono Crusade in any way based on or related to the game Chrono Trigger? :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Yeito » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:43 pm

Nope. o.o I do not believe so. I think its just a coincidence that they both have the word 'chrono' in them.
Yeito

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:48 pm

Oh, ok. Cool. Thanks for clearing that up. They just seemed so similar :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Ky Kiske » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:05 pm

no they are nothing alike.
I bought the first one for the same reason because I liked Chrono Cross so much but I got hooked on it just the way it is I guess.
Ky Kiske

Postby blue elf » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:40 am

I have vol. 5 and I don't think mine had an extra page so maybe you just got a special one. lol ^^ I loove this series, but I've heard that the anime is a big let down in comparison to the manga, which is sad since it's such a great manga. I'm eagerly awaiting vol. 6, which I think is supposed to come out next month. I hope our Walden's gets it early! (I might go into Chrono withdrawal ^^;)
blue elf

Postby Ky Kiske » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:54 pm

no I didn't get an extra page they robbed me of a page by giving me the same one again.
Well let me just make sure.
Blue Elf on your manga does it have Rosette running on one page and Joshua on another page?
Mine has two pages of Rosette running.
Ky Kiske

Postby blue elf » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:31 am

Well, I can't double check at the moment, cause I'm at work, but if my memory is working properly at the moment I believe it has a page of Joshua standing there with Aion's eagle sitting on his arm.
-BlueElf
blue elf

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews