Kindaichi Case Files

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Kindaichi Case Files

Postby Petite Soeur » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:13 pm

I am hopelessly in love with this series. Perhaps it is because it has illogical murder mystery plots that would make Hercule Poirot proud (I'm a huge Agatha Christie fan, BTW). Maybe it's because the sidekick, Mitsuki Nanase reminds me of myself, and Kindaichi himself reminds me of my best guy friend. At any rate, I love this underrated, underappreciated series. Any other fans?
Petite Soeur

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:46 pm

I enjoy the New Kindaichi Case Files but I don't know if you mean the same thing. Anyway, I have 6 or seven of them sent over from Japan by our Japanese exchange teacher we had boarding in 1999. I love a good mystery and the art is very good too! My favourite manga. But since their isn't much manga to be had in Australia, I guess that's a bit biased. But they are very good. (By the way mine have English and Japanese translation, they aren't the Tokyo Pop versions)
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby MasterDias » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:08 pm

I own the first three of the Tokyopop volumes. The mysteries were very entertaining. I'd like to collect more of them later on. However, the B & N near my house doesn't carry them for whatever reason.

The series is fairly popular in Japan I believe, although it tends to get overshadowed by its rival series, Detective Conan.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby soul alive » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:50 am

i really enjoy this series, but only have the first two (due to an obsessive need to buy and read series in order... :sweat: ). i love mysteries, and these are great.

Kindaichi reminds me somewhat of Yusuke Urameshi... lol.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby IZ&Trigun4life » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:05 am

Is it clean? *is interested*
Image "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not."-Jeremiah 33:3
Yes I love my God, He is the fountain of life and my savior. He keeps me going day and night, without Him, I am no one, But with Him I can do everything, Christ is my strength

Adopted By:
Silvanis
Sakura's Wings
Tidus20

Adopted Neko Brother: Jaden Mental

*is still waiting for more offers lol*

Christians are not narrow minded. We are moral minded!

"My Heart Is Beeping....For The INVISIBLE CHILDREN"
IZ&Trigun4life

Postby Knives » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:31 am

There was nudity in the volume I saw.
Knives

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:53 pm

I have volumes 1-6 and there is some violence (mostly in flashbacks). Since they are murder mysteries in the form of manga there is a decent amount of blood (but no gore thank goodness). There is a bit of language and unclean jokes, but not much and a bit of nudity but its not sexual in nature. I live in Australia where ratings are different but I would give this and M15+ in Australia and a PG13+ in America.
Compared to other mature manga its pretty tame.
I started reading them at 14 years old and didn't have a problem. The mysteries are really interesting too.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Alice » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:18 pm

Oh, I like Agatha Christie books! Might have to check this out! :goes to check amazon.com: : )
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:24 pm

This is volume one in TokyoPop format.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1591823544/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-1568732-6257614#readerpage

This is volume one in Bilingual format. (the versions I have)

The Bilingual cover is much more interesting I think, but the inside manga is the same so its not a huge deal.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews