Anime Collections

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Ashley » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:54 pm

Wow, I'll have to hit you up more often! :lol:
Ashley

Postby iamneo19 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:47 pm

Impressive...most impressive.

I don't have much, but I've certainly got my money's worth in what I have.
My best friend Avery Toves just recently went out and bought me a porcelain figure of the one and only Sephiroth, coming complete with a connectable Masamune blade (even though it's somewhat rubbery and plastic, it's just so darn kool!) He told me it cost $115.00. Being the last one on the shelf, and probably the last one in the state of Va on sale, he took the once in a lifetime opportunity to buy it for me.

I also have the entire Last Exile DVD series, the first of the Star Wars Manga Series (A New Hope, Vol. 1 out of 4), and Van Helsing: The London Assignment (which you could hardly count, being that it was poorly done by Americans).

"A foolish man thinks himself wise...
But a wise man knows himself to be a fool."

Anonymous
iamneo19

Postby iamneo19 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:49 pm

OH...I almost forgot. I've also got the ENTIRE Chobits series and almost all of Trigun (minus 6 of the middle episodes, crap it all! :[]

"A foolish man thinks himself wise...
But a wise man knows himself to be a fool."

Anonymous
iamneo19

Postby Jeikobu » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:19 pm

Not sure if I mentioned it, but as of 5/29 I own every US licensed Ghibli film on DVD (Nausicaa, Laputa, Grave, Kiki's, Porco, Mononoke, Spirited, and Cat)! I'm very proud, and will buy up Pom Poko and Yamadas once they come out.
I also have the Trigun box set and Rurouni Kenshin (a.k.a. "Samurai X") Reflection Director's Cut on order, so once they arrive, I'll try to take a new picture of my whole collection.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby THE ANIME MAN » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:51 am

Picked up several things myself.

Hanaukyo Maids DVD2, Burst Angel V1, Saint Tail all, Gad Guard 5, and a few others. Just check my site for full list for those who care.
THE ANIME MAN

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:45 pm

[quote="One_piece__"]Dude, get ur anime off of ebay, I got:

Cowboy Bebop eps 1-26]

They're both bootlegs man. Don't shop on ebay for anime unless you know what you're looking for.

I now have

Cowboy Bebop Session's 1-6
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
Mobile Suit Gundam: 8th MS Team volumes 1-4
Jin-Roh
Ghost in the Shell
Stand Alone Complex volumes 1-5
Macross Plus Part 1 and 2
Robotech: Macross Saga
Neon Genesis Evangelion volumes 1-8 boxset
Samurai Champloo volumes 1 and 2
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Jeikobu » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:14 pm

I'm waiting for the Remix DVDs before I buy Cowboy Bebop.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

Jeikobu

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:33 pm

Jeikobu wrote:I'm waiting for the Remix DVDs before I buy Cowboy Bebop.

I honestly wouldn't bother the special features are nothing more than some new interviews and redoing it in Dolby Digital 5.1. And you know they'll just say stuff like "Omgoshorzz we didn't think it'd be this populorz!" Especially since there's already interviews on the originals. The animation scenes won't be touched up at all and they're already in Dolby Digital. Oh yeah and they're still going to charge $30 retail. You can find the originals as cheap as $15 a piece if you look around online. They might have shiney boxes though and that could be a deal breaker for some.:P
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

Yojimbo

Postby Jeikobu » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:39 pm

Are you sure that the only differences are interviews and a touched up sound track?

Jeikobu

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:43 am

I just picked up the Love Hina Perfect Set along with Love Hina Again.
Hitokiri

Postby Yojimbo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:55 am

Jeikobu wrote:Are you sure that the only differences are interviews and a touched up sound track?

The Session 0 stuff is just interviews with some of the Japanese cast and crew. The soundtrack itself isn't being touched up what I said was was the sound was being remixed and remastered for DD 5.1 which is not really a big deal since it was fine for DD on the originals. Besides you won't care about that unless you have a decent 5.1 sound system anyway and even then it still sounds perfect already on my system. As for the trailers, promos, music videos, that stuff is already on some of the originals anyway.

It's just a cash cow for Bandai.

Yojimbo

Postby rusty789 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:51 pm

lol. I don't have alot, but I do have ruroni kenshin 1-8 and I'm getting fruits basket 1 soon. :)
Whooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! This is fun!!!!!!!!!! :angel: :lol: :sweat:

If a synchronized swimmer drowns, do they all drown? :drool:

Love wins!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: :angel:

Cows!!!! :hug: :grin:

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature. :thumb:
rusty789

Postby chimera189 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:53 pm

just got all of FLCL, Shrine of the Morning Mist v.2, and Spiral v.4
Defend the Bible? I would as soon defend a lion! Charles Spurgeon
I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts. The rest are details. Albert Einstien
Luke 23:39-43; "And it also makes me smile to think that there is a grinning ex-con walking the streets of gold that knows more about grace than a thousand theologans. No one else would have given him a prayer, but in the end that is all he had, and in the end that is all it took." -Max Lucado

[url=myspace.com/chimera189]myspace[/url]
chimera189

Postby chimera189 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:12 pm

slayers season 1, 2 & 3
I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts. The rest are details. Albert Einstien
Luke 23:39-43; "And it also makes me smile to think that there is a grinning ex-con walking the streets of gold that knows more about grace than a thousand theologans. No one else would have given him a prayer, but in the end that is all he had, and in the end that is all it took." -Max Lucado

chimera189

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:07 am

Cowboy Bebop
Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Kokoro Library
Fruits Basket
Naruto Eps. 1-4
Bleach EPs. 1-13
Gakuen Alice Eps. 1-5
Shao Feng-Li

Postby GundamGeek » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:32 pm

Unless this thread is limited to DVD collections, I have a kind of interesting collection/hobby... I collect the animation cels used to make the actual anime. Most of mine are from G Gundam, but I do have a few rather nice ones from Rurouni Kenshin and Big O and a couple other series too. If you care to take a gander at my on-line gallery, you can click the link.

http://shelliesgallery.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
GundamGeek

Postby Knives » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:57 am

DanekJovax wrote:I'm starting this thread to let everyone show off what they have in their collection.

For whatever it's worth, I finally updated my humble anime & manga collection and you can view a somewhat slap-together format .html of it here:

http://www.geocities.com/danekjovax/AnimeList.html

Enjoy! :2)

I dont have a picture of mine but here it is
anime:
Trigun complete collection
Hack//Sign Complete
One Piece Seasons 1+2
Gundam 0080 Volume 1

Manga:
Firefighter Diago 1
Ruroken 1-9
DBZ 9-17
Blade of the Immortal 1
Gundam Wing Episode Zero
Project Arms 1-3
Jing King of Bandits 1-2
The Prince of Tennis 1
Cyborg 009 1-2
Battle Angel Alita 1-2
One Piece vol 1-6 or 7? I cant remember.
Initial D 1 and 3
I have more stuff on my computer.
Knives

Postby LondonCalling » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:14 pm

Anime:

Excel Saga (Complete)
FLCL (Complete)
Nadesico(Complete)
Full Metal Panic (Complete)
Hellsing (Complete)

Manga:

Excel Saga (1-12)
FLCL (1&2)
Nadesico (1-3)
Full Metal Panic (1&2)
Hellsing (1 &2)
This pistol is my ministry-- THE CHARIOT

You have the right to free speech unless you are dumb enough to actually try it -- The Clash

Immortality is Wasted on the Young -- Alucard

Faith alone saves, but faith that saves is never alone -- John Calvin

I reject your reality, and I substitute my own! -- Adam Savage, Mythbusters
LondonCalling

Postby Hitokiri » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:15 pm

I just picked up Evangelion Plantinum 7 and RahXephon DVD 5
Hitokiri

Postby chimera189 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:01 pm

Place Promised in Our Early Days

chimera189

Postby Ninja Rob » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:46 pm

My two friends and I just ordered Episodes 1-119 (episodes, not volumes. It's on 27 DVDs) of Naruto. Happiness.
Ninja Rob

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:59 pm

I just picked up Rahxephon DVD 6 and 7 thereby COMPLETING THE SERIES!!! ::does a dance on DVD player...kinda like this:: Image
Hitokiri

Postby animegirl1 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:34 pm

i feel bad my collection is 1 inuyasha book
The Letter from God Dear child, Despite your silence, I have heard your soul weeping. Why have you been so unhappy? Have you forgotten my everlasting love for you? Child, you are mine. Why have you not called my name sooner? If you seek me, I will answer. I am your counselor, ready to instruct you and show you which path to take. When you come to me, I will embrace you and silence all your fears. Just remember that I am here to hold you close and dry your tears. I will always be right beside you. Not only am I your father, but your best friend. Do not be afraid to ask for my mercy and forgiveness. I know that its hard to live on earth, so I understand when you fall down once in awhile, ask me for help, and I will pick you up and carry you. No one loves you more than I do. When you feel alone, remember I am beside you. When you feel helpless, remember I offer myself to you. When you feel lost, remember I will lead you, and when you feel forgotten, remember that you are my child and I will love you unconditionally. It is never too late to come home. I will be here waiting, ready to embrace you. I will leave the light on for you. Forever with you, God

-------------------------------------------------------

i have proudly adopted:dytae jessie88 and edochick ^_^

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
animegirl1

Postby chimera189 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:21 pm

Ah! My Goddess: the movie

chimera189

Oh my...

Postby Inuyasha&Kagome » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:11 pm

My collection is PITIFUL compared to most of you.

But then again, mine is store bought, which means it's legal. (Theft is a sin you know) (I'm not accusing anyone of this, mind, I have done it too)

Anyway, here goes;
Inuyasha 1-7, 17 Movie 1-2
Yu yu hakusho 1-3, 5
Noir 1-2
Hyper Police 1-2
DBZ last episodes (last disc)
DBZ Return/Cooler
Outlaw Star complete series
Cowboy Bebop the movie
Full Metal Panic! 1
Please Teacher 1-2.

...And that should accumulate to the total. I'll post here with updates to when I buy more Anime.
Inuyasha&Kagome

Postby chimera189 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:59 pm

Sakura Wars OVA collection

chimera189

Postby Crossdive » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:42 pm

well, it's embaressing, but I only have a few anime DVDs...

InuYasha Season 1 Limited Edition Box Set
InuYasha: The Movie: Affections Touching Across Time
InuYasha: The Movie 2: The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass (came w/ a holographic cover and a trading card too :P)

I would probably have more stuff, but I divide my money between my two major interests (anime and superhero) so I have less to spend on one thing... maybe after my upcoming birthday I will be able to boast a bit more merchandise.
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Nooooooo.... You got the Limited edition box set...

Postby Inuyasha&Kagome » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:03 pm

... I wanted that. Doesn't it come with the necklace Inuyasha is forced to wear?
Inuyasha&Kagome

Postby Jeikobu » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:56 am

Sure does.
Lots of places still have it, so I'd get it while you still can. In fact, RightStuf is having a Viz sale right now, so this would be golden opportunity. http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/jWIjlJ0zhO6YfXQ0C1/browse/item/63776/4/0/0 Normal price is $107.98, but with 40% off, it's only like $64.79.

Jeikobu

Postby chimera189 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:50 pm

Full Metal Panic Fumoffu v.3

chimera189

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews