Imadoki!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Imadoki!

Postby Ashley » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:03 pm

Thanks to Yumie for an excellent, detailed review of one of my favorite manga series ever:

http://www.christiananime.com/manga_reviews.php?display=198
Ashley

Postby Yumie » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:08 pm

Wow, Ash, you got this up quick! I'm impressed! ;)
Yumie

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:45 pm

Ah yes, young padawan. You have been trained well. ;)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Yumie » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:46 pm

Uh, did you just call me a padawan?
Yumie

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:48 pm

Yumie wrote:Uh, did you just call me a padawan?

You got a problem with that, shorty? ;)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:54 pm

Yes, be mindful of your master, Yumie-san. Osaka knows her place; she bows to her sensei XD
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:21 am

[quote="Ashley"]Osaka knows her place]

:lol:

Indeed. I have been trained in the ways of Ash-kwon-do. ;)

Mangafanatic

Postby Kkun » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:09 am

Nice review, Imadoki was very good. It killed my manliness just a wee bit, I think. Stupid Yuu Watase strikes again.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby faithfighter » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:43 pm

Kkun wrote:Nice review, Imadoki was very good. It killed my manliness just a wee bit, I think. Stupid Yuu Watase strikes again.

hahaahah...then don;t read silly,

good story. I have read um all...didn't like the ending though just kind of came out of now where...as if the Yuu just got bored with it...

anyway thanks for the review Ashley! :thumb:
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby Mave » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:16 pm

Kkun wrote:Nice review, Imadoki was very good. It killed my manliness just a wee bit, I think. Stupid Yuu Watase strikes again.

XD Wait till you read her other titles. You'll be completely stripped of any traces of XY chromosomes. Ok, lame metaphor but in all seriousness, Imadoki is one of Watase Yuu's best, IMO. :thumb:
Mave

Postby Kkun » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:18 am

Mave wrote:XD Wait till you read her other titles. You'll be completely stripped of any traces of XY chromosomes. Ok, lame metaphor but in all seriousness, Imadoki is one of Watase Yuu's best, IMO. :thumb:

Oh, believe me, dear Mave. I've read/watched both seasons of Fushigi Yuugi, Ayashi no Ceres, and Alice 19th. If I have any testosterone left, it is only by the grace of God.
Kkun

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews