Full Moon in English

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Full Moon in English

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:19 am

I saw it at the bookstore and thought I was dreaming, honestly, because I have had that dream before. But, no! It was there! Yeah! :dance: No honorifics though, I wish that translaters would leave those in more, it's harder to understand the characters personalities without them. I like how the characters are being developed rather fast. Hope it stays good. ^^
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Ashley » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:46 am

Are you talking about Searching for the Full Moon by Tanemura Arina, or Until the Full Moon (which from what I understand is shounen ai/yaoi)? If it's the first, I'm estatic because I've been waiting MONTHS for that to come out.
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:00 am

Ashley wrote:Are you talking about Searching for the Full Moon by Tanemura Arina, or Until the Full Moon (which from what I understand is shounen ai/yaoi)? If it's the first, I'm estatic because I've been waiting MONTHS for that to come out.

Oh, yeah, Ash. It's the real deal. In fact, it's upstairs on the shelf of honor AS WE SPEAK!! Go forth and buy, my Tanemura mentor!! ;)

As someone else mentioned, I was disappointed by the decision to attempt to translate the honorifics, rather than leave them. Honorifics are just so cute. . . and Ms. Bunny just sounds retarded. . .
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:43 pm

Ugh, they didn't leave the honorifics and stuff? Blah...I'm disappointed already.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:58 pm

ShiroiHikari wrote:Ugh, they didn't leave the honorifics and stuff? Blah...I'm disappointed already.

Me too. I was like "WHAT!? No Ta-kun? No Mero-chan? No Mitchan? What's this world COMING TOOOOOOOO!????" I'll buy it anyways, 'cause I read the scanlations and I owe them, but. . . yeah, it's sad.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby kazekami » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:01 pm

I liked the honorifics!!!!!! I'll stick with my Japanese copies. I better study harder so I can read them better. heh.
Meow!

adopted by spirit-me-away and CephasVII

proud adopter of:
Azier the Swordsman, Sakura's Wings(kitty form), Sora(kingdom Hearts), Squall Leonhart(FFVIII and KH), Li Syaoran(Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles),
kurogane (Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles) blessedsolitude, Animagus24, scarletfire818, LeaChan-4ever, teen4truth, Starfire1, Kura Ookami, 1BalloonPopper, Sheenar, Dunedan, Fantasy Dreamer, starfire, zelda, Erin

I like swords. They are nice and shiny and sharp. :jump:

I Love
^__^
( ^.^)
(\/ \/)
(,,)(,,)

T3h Neko
KITTIES WILL RULE THE UNIVERSE!!!!
kazekami

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:45 pm

Ashley wrote:Are you talking about Searching for the Full Moon by Tanemura Arina, or Until the Full Moon (which from what I understand is shounen ai/yaoi)?

O.o;;; Ashley!! T.T How could you think such a thing? *sigh* I guess you have to. I mean Tanemura's manga! I can't believe there wasn't an anticipation thread here. It absolutely made my day to see it! ^^

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby Ashley » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:34 pm

To be honest, this day reminded me about it. I knew it was coming out in July, but I didn't realize that TODAY was July 5 (retarded, I know =___=;; )

Anyway, I know! I can't wait to get my grubby paws on this. The first time Tanemura-sensei's work has been released in English!!! This is a joyous day. Honorifics or not, I'm absolutely estatic.
Ashley

Postby Yumie » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:40 pm

And! And! And! The coolest thing is that you can pay for it with a ten dollar bill and get change back!! I'll take every penny I can get. Yeah, I bought this one without hesitation. I went in for Gunslinger Girl actually, but came out with Full Moon. It's all good :P.
Yumie

Postby Alice » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:04 pm

I think I saw this today... or something with Full Moon for the title (with another word beneath it).

It looked interesting... is good?
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Ashley » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:23 am

Yes, Viz decided to leave the title untranslated, so it's "Full Moon o Sagashite", which I'm actually kinda happy about. It'd be weird to refer to it in English, at least for me.

It's FANTASTIC! Easily my favorite manga ever. Yuu Watase's got nothing on the angst, the drama, or the depth of emotions that FMS will put you through. GO BUY IT RIGHT NOW!
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:31 am

Ashley wrote:It's FANTASTIC! Easily my favorite manga ever. Yuu Watase's got nothing on the angst, the drama, or the depth of emotions that FMS will put you through. GO BUY IT RIGHT NOW!

Yes, don't make us take drastic measures. :evil:

Mangafanatic

Postby Nate » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:02 am

I bought it. :D

No honorifics = bad thing, but it's still Full Moon in English. So yay!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Kisa » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:33 am

*sniff* the things left out in translations.... rest in peace *sniff*
hehe Tanemura mentor... I like that.... go Ash!
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Alice » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:47 am

Well, I bought it, so now you can be happy. ^^

Seriously, I hope I like it!

And no one dared
Alice

Postby Kisa » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:48 am

You won't be dissapointed! One of the BEST mangas around ^^
Kisa

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:24 am

And it's easy on the pocket book.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:37 am

Shao Feng-Li wrote:And it's easy on the pocket book.

YESSS!! *hoards the nine cents left over from her ten dollar bill after buying Shoujo Beat title*

Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:03 am

Yes I love how the prices are coming down ^_^
Kisa

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:33 pm

w00t! The second volume is out. I love Tanemura's art!

[SPOILER]Takuto and Mitsuki pulling the old switcheroo on Izumi! Oh, that was funny. And I wonder if we'll being seeing Madoka around anymore? And what's with the new agency president? *hisses new agency president* [/SPOILER]

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby Kisa » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:06 am

Second one is out?! *RUNS to find it*
Kisa

Postby Ashley » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:46 am

I found a website yesterday for the translator for Full Moon. Her name is Tomo Kimura, and she posts notes and thoughts about the various works she translates.

http://www.tkimura.net
Ashley

Postby Alice » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:50 am

I've finished reading the second volume already (except for some extra stuff in the back).

I loved the scene where --

[button=click it]--the pig got hugged! XD[/button]

And no one dared
Alice

Postby Kisa » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:37 am

cool translator notes ^^, thanks Ash
Kisa

Postby Doubleshadow » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:40 pm

Yeah, cool notes on that site. Never underestimate how deep Ashley's knowledge can go when it comes to anything Tanemura related. I've always wondered just how Japanese keyboards worked.

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby Sai » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:54 pm

How many books are there in total in this series???
Sai

Postby Ashley » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:05 pm

7, if memory serves, but I have an inclination to say 9 (I think I'm getting KKJ and FMS confused). I know it's not uberly long.
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:06 pm

Frubafan89 wrote:How many books are there in total in this series???

Seven, according to AnimeNfo.

Mangafanatic

Postby Sai » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:18 am

Thanks
Sai

Postby Yumie » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:38 pm

I bought the second one today, but I'm only about half-way through it due to some 300 and something note cards I had to study for a history test *curse you history!!!*, but I'm liking it so far ;) Mitsuki is so cute, hee hee. . .
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews