I'm getting ticked off at Watsuki...

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby AngelSakura » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:06 pm

<<You can drown in the droolage- not that I think all girls believe Kenshin is the hottest thing since the sun, but I haven't found one who doesn't thus far. :p>>
I don't. I...am not attracted to him in the least. I don't think he's downright UGLY, but I'm not among his fangirls.

<<Ghost in the Shell is a good anime, not many bishis in that!>>
Tougasa. He's a bishie. He's also married and therefor off limits. Boo.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:18 pm

Tougasa. He's a bishie. He's also married and therefor off limits. Boo.

Ooh, yes! I was going to mention him, but I couldn't remember his name at the moment. Even with a mullet, he's still hot..XD XD XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Hoshika » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:59 pm

[quote="Rurouni_Kaoru"]<-- thinks Hoshika is a sexist pig. XD

Didn't I JUST say that I didn't read it for the bishis??? I used to watch Dragon Ball Z ALL THE TIME, and it was never for any bishis (watched from Saiyin Saga to end of Cell Saga)!! Ghost in the Shell is a good anime, not many bishis in that! I don't find any characters in Inu-Yasha very attractive, but I watch that all the time!! The same is true with Gundam Seed, .Hack, Cowboy Bebop, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera! I've only actually watched Yu-Yu Hakusho once, and I don't watch/read it on a regular basis because a) it doesn't even come on tv anymore, and b) I'm not too sure about the whole demon thing. So there. XP

So please, stop stereotyping all of us girls in to bishi fanatics! Yes, I do like the bishis, but that's not what makes a good series. For example, I think Battou is an awesome character from Ghost in the Shell, but he's not attractive in any way. For Pete's sake, I thought Jinei was a cool antagonist, but I wasn't attracted to him in the least! Same goes for Saitoh]

I hope you aren't actually getting upsset Kaoru.....

But for the record I don't believe all girls fall under Kenshin's Bishi spell... just most. ^o^

*Observes that there are mostly girls posting here and only a hand full of guys have come to make their presence known once in this thread. (Now why is that?)

In no way to be sterotyping but it seems safe to say that 99.9% of the girls posting in this thread think Kenshin is teh hottness. :lol:

Actually in reguards to Hiko this is the first I've heard any fangirl call him ugly... He has quite a few droolage sites himself... nevermind the fact he's like 1000 years old and sits around drinking sake all day while hurling insults at Kenshin. >.< (Not that I'm against it I find it quite hilarious.)

Anyway, bases on the title I really thought this thread was to focus on letting out our frustrations at Watsuki reguarding the series...

*Notes the last two posts before I made this one were total droolage posts.

No, anger please. I'm just stating the obvious. (Don't hate me! :waah!: )
Hoshika

Postby Kenshin17 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:18 pm

You wanna know who I drool over from Kenshin? Kaoru. Now there is a good anime girl right there. FAithful, Kind, Compasionate, Strong, and at the same time cute. There you go Hoshika. I got some fanboy droolage going ;)
A nightingale in a golden cage
That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone make my heavy heart light
Come undone, bring me back to life
It all starts with a lullaby
Kenshin17

Postby Alice » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:20 pm

I don't actually care much for Kenshin

(Don't kill me.)

But I watched it when it came on TV, with my brothers.

It was fun, but i'd never bother with the manga. :/
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:46 pm

Hoshika wrote:I hope you aren't actually getting upsset Kaoru.....

But for the record I don't believe all girls fall under Kenshin's Bishi spell... just most. ^o^

*Observes that there are mostly girls posting here and only a hand full of guys have come to make their presence known once in this thread. (Now why is that?)

In no way to be sterotyping but it seems safe to say that 99.9% of the girls posting in this thread think Kenshin is teh hottness. :lol:

Well, it's true that I think Kenshin is "teh hotness," it's just that that's not the reason I like the series. ^_^ The main reason I really started getting into it was because it didn't focus on a lot of "wierd" stuff, and it was a clean anime, for the most part. To be perfectly honest, I didn't REALLY find Kenshin to be "teh hotness" until eps. 7 (LOVE that episode...it's still one of my favorites! ]Actually in reguards to Hiko this is the first I've heard any fangirl call him ugly... He has quite a few droolage sites himself... nevermind the fact he's like 1000 years old and sits around drinking sake all day while hurling insults at Kenshin. >.< (Not that I'm against it I find it quite hilarious.)[/QUOTE]

Well, he's not exactly bishi material, no...but that doesn't mean he can't be exceptionally SUGOI!! ^_^ He's definitely teh coolishness, just not teh hotness. XD

Anyway, bases on the title I really thought this thread was to focus on letting out our frustrations at Watsuki reguarding the series...

Yeah, I kinda thought the same thing...<.< ... >.> Except I don't have any frustrations toward Watsuki-san...I love how RK is turning out! ^_^
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Hoshika » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:03 pm

No frustration at Watsuki? Wow... well to be honest I'm one of the few. They'd probably would have hung me out to dry at many of the Kenshin fan sites for even daring to say that Watsuki is not teh supreme greatness.

Anyway, I am going risk droolage and say Hiko is indeed "teh hottness" plus he gets extra bonus points for ragging on Kenshin. ^o^ (well it's not like he doesn't deserve it anyway :p)
Hoshika

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:53 pm

Short,thin, red hair, scarred face... The only thing I don't like is the short part. Ma man's gotta be taller than me.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Heart of Sword » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:42 am

Also, for the ladies who do think Kenshin is a super hot bishie, his hair is a mullet when he loses the little band keeping his ponytail in place.

Better watch out, I have a mullet! (And unfortunately Raoul's hair type...orooo...)

Yeah, that is right; Kenshin has a split persona, Saito thinks he's a wolf, Enishi.... has a psychotic sister complex, (and what was that mummy dude's name again the one who took a chunk out of Kenshin?) he is truly psychotic and uncurably evil, Soujiro is crazy but he's transgression is more understandable than the rest of them with theorapy he'll be just fine. I still can't believe he is an adult he looks like an adorable little boy and even talks like one...

*laughs head off*

I think Enishi did the best job in torturing Kenshin..... I bet Kenshin would rather go through a hundred Shishios since Enishi thumbed the ultimate guilt button.

EEEEVIL Enishi! *howwwwls*

I seriously doubt that the manga would have so many female readers.

Actually, Watsuki was getting creeped out because he was getting tons of fan letters from girls.

About the Christian Arc. Some people don't watch it where it doesn't bother me at all. It was a real historical event, and it happened in Kenshin's time period.
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby Kireihana » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:38 pm

Hmm. I don't drool over Himura. It's all Sano for me! ;)

I agree with HeartofSword, though. The first book says "Meiji Swordsman Romantic Story" and that's what I want to see!

Not that I dislike seeing Kenshin whoop the bad guys (who seem to be getting more and more un-humanlike... a result, no doubt, of Watsuki's love for American comics) but I miss his softer side too. Because with out it, we don't get to see Yahiko antagonize about his and Kaoru's relationship- and that's half the fun, right?
Kireihana

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:33 pm

Kireihana wrote:Not that I dislike seeing Kenshin whoop the bad guys (who seem to be getting more and more un-humanlike... a result, no doubt, of Watsuki's love for American comics) but I miss his softer side too. Because with out it, we don't get to see Yahiko antagonize about his and Kaoru's relationship- and that's half the fun, right?

XD Yeah! But there's been a lot of the romantic story in the mangas so far...And it says "Meiji Swordsman Romantic Story" in every Vol. Also, note how even with the two of them separated in the current storyline, we still see little hints and whatnot in regards to their relationship. Stick with it, guys! The Kyoto arc is almost finished, so enjoy it while it lasts! Besides, Watsuki did say that he'd even it out a bit once the Kyoto Arc was finished. I still can't wait to see Enishi!! ^_^

Radical Dreamer

Postby Heart of Sword » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:12 am

Shao wrote:Short,thin, red hair, scarred face

:drool:

Hey, he's taller than me. I'm 5'3". Maybe we're only a cm apart, but whatever. XD

Anyhow...scars rock...bwwa...and plus, the location and shape of it make him even cuter than he'd be without it XD
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:39 pm

Heart of Sword wrote:About the Christian Arc. Some people don't watch it where it doesn't bother me at all. It was a real historical event, and it happened in Kenshin's time period.

Do you mean when the Japanese governent tried to wipe out all the Christians? The quote from my sig. is from an evangelist killed during that.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews