Trigun

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Trigun

Postby Ashley » Sun May 29, 2005 8:14 pm

Thanks to AngelSakura for this review!
http://www.christiananime.com/manga_rev ... isplay=169
Ashley

Postby Ashley » Mon May 30, 2005 3:23 pm

Correction: This is not an incomplete review

Bear with me as I get the hang of this, guys. ^^;;
Ashley

Postby AngelSakura » Mon May 30, 2005 5:15 pm

You knew I was all over this one. XD Too bad all of Trigun Maximum hasn't been released yet, or I'd do them too. I kinda think this review is not quite as good as my "My Dear Marie" review. But the pictures shows up for this one, so that's something.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue May 31, 2005 9:34 pm

[quote="Ashley"]
Bear with me as I get the hang of this, guys. ^^]
You will be shot AT DAWN!!! BWA HA HA HA!!

*looks around and notices lack of rioting peasants*

. . . OKay, we'll let it slip this time. :hug:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Lunis » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:37 am

Beautiful review, Angel. How can you always phrase things perfectly?! XD It's a shame we're going to have to wait so long to get a Trigun Maximum review.
It is the infirmity of little minds to be dazzled with everything that sparkles.
Lunis

Postby AngelSakura » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:48 pm

Whatever could you mean, "phrase things so perfectly"? Angel has moderate vocabulary and sentence structure. But thanks anyway. ^^
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Scribs » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:36 pm

That was an amazing review AngelSakura!

its like you were writing a government report or something! I can picture the secratary of state handing this to the president and saying "here is the official reoprt on the subbject mr. president" I am not sure what the presidents response would be, but I think it would be favorable.

anyway, I plan to read this manga sometime, thanks fo the details.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby AngelSakura » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:49 pm

Whee! ^^ Thank you all for your compliments. I noticed something though...I...spelled..."AVOID" WRONG!! ACK! XDD
Those of you who have visited my website my have observed that a good deal of the main review was ripped from my front page. XD I had to make a few adjustments, but I really liked my description, so I used it. I'm very biased towards both Trigun and my own writing. XD
And Piloswine...perhaps I WAS writing a government report. XDD You never know... (Lord Il Pallazo! They're on to us!)
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Ashley » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:57 pm

The following was recieved by a user using our "contact us" form. To be fair, I wanted to give AngelSakura a chance to defend herself and her review here.

> Your review of Trigun is not a manga review, it is a review of the Anime. Trigun is still running currently in You King Ours Magazine and as the readership has grown so has the subject matter to wit Dark Horse will still continue to publish. The Gun Ho Guns play a prominent role in the manga and these men all have pasts riddled with abuse, sexual, emotional, and otherwise. The anime may be relatively good humored, but the manga will most certainly offend many sensibilities even to those who are not 'in the way of faith.' I thought you should be aware and change your review to reflect this.
Ashley

Postby AngelSakura » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:10 pm

I hope it's okay to repost my original reply to this. I apologize if it sounds rude.

"I think this person did not read the review thouroughly. I said, as clearly as I could, that this was a review of the first series of the manga, just plain "Trigun". Yes, of course they will continue to publish Trigun Maximum; it's not over, and it does have a relatively large readership. Regardless of the past of the Gung-Ho Guns, there was little to no backstory on them in this first series. Both the anime and manga had serious moments, as well as light-hearted ones, although the manga was a bit darker. And also, that's why I wrote the review, to tell people what to be on the watch for, so they don't read something they will regret."
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews