W Juliet

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

W Juliet

Postby Hoshika » Thu May 19, 2005 10:30 pm

This manga is so sweet. I've only read a little thanks to the lovely lady of this site; http://dear.to/wjuliet . I can't believe anyone would give this cute little manga a bad review.
Hoshika

Postby VioletEyedCat » Mon May 23, 2005 8:37 pm

Hoshika wrote:This manga is so sweet. I've only read a little thanks to the lovely lady of this site]http://dear.to/wjuliet[/url] . I can't believe anyone would give this cute little manga a bad review.

AAAAAAAA!!!!!! I can't believe I was offline when a historic post like this was made! I LOVE W-Juliet (as is obvious by my avatar) and I own the first three volumes that have finally been published in the US. I own up to volume 7 from scanlations on-line. W-Juliet is seriously awesome. Yeah...so, I had to get that out of my system. :sweat:

:P Smiling's not my Thing :P
VioletEyedCat

Postby Yeito » Mon May 23, 2005 9:01 pm

Is it really that good? Someone told me it was like... yuri. But I guess not huh? I'll have to look at it when i'm at the store tomorrow. o.o;
Yeito

Postby Alice » Mon May 23, 2005 9:16 pm

I'd love to hear a detailed review of this, if any of you get the chance.

It might be one I read a few pages from in a magazine.

If so I'd like to check it out again, (if it's any good).

:) Sorry for the disjointed thoughts. :)
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Hoshika » Tue May 24, 2005 2:06 am

[quote="Yeito"]Is it really that good? Someone told me it was like... yuri. But I guess not huh? I'll have to look at it when i'm at the store tomorrow. o.o]

Y-y-yuri!? No, not even close... well there is this one girl who is too obsessed with the main female character but she is represented as an annoyance and utter nucance.

BTW: VioletEyedCat, love your ava! Rock on!. :D

I have vols. 1-4 if I can I'll post more about it without giving up any major spoilers. :D
Hoshika

Postby Jasdero » Tue May 24, 2005 11:27 am

sldkfjlkjf XD Yay! I only just discovered W Juliet three days ago. >:3 I bought W Juliet vol.4 in a store, and then vols. 1-3 off the internet. o.o They will arrive today, as a matter of fact. XD;;;; I hope... this isn't a typical shoujo manga (boy chase girl, girl chase boy, boy and girl chase other boys and girls, boy and girl get back together, boy and girl fall apart again, etc... etc....). It doesn't seem that way...
[quote="Yeito"]Is it really that good? Someone told me it was like... yuri. But I guess not huh? I'll have to look at it when i'm at the store tomorrow. o.o]
o__o;;; Absolutely not. XD lol, I think they thought it because:
[spoiler]Makoto has to pretend to be a girl for reasons you'll find out yourself when you read vol.1 ^__^[/spoiler]
Soo..... under those circumstances o.o *tears the yuri theory to shreds* XD No worries.
Jasdero

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue May 24, 2005 1:30 pm

Good! I wanted to take a look at this series but I had the same previously doubts. Reassuring to know. I'll have to hit the bookstore soon then.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Hoshika » Wed May 25, 2005 7:09 am

[quote="Sunako"]sldkfjlkjf XD Yay! I only just discovered W Juliet three days ago. >:3 I bought W Juliet vol.4 in a store, and then vols. 1-3 off the internet. o.o They will arrive today, as a matter of fact. XD]

Well, I have to warn you there is a bit of chaing going on but it's so funny. I laughed through vol. 1. But laughing aside it is a very lovey dovey manga and to tell the truth I usually don't read such mush but the story and characters are so well put together and the art is great.... I couldn't help myself!
Hoshika

Postby Namelessknight » Wed May 25, 2005 2:07 pm

So how is for detail, nudity wise? Cause I read a chapter in some sampler, and really liked it. But with a guy at a girls school pretending to be a girl, I could see how things could really go bad. So, I guess, is it clean?
His Strength was as the Strength of Ten, for His Heart was Pure

My blog=[url=elfenknight.blogspot.com]Knightly Ruminations[/url]
Namelessknight

Postby Yeito » Wed May 25, 2005 3:42 pm

I'm... sorry? .-. I didn't mean to make ya'll upset. I was just saying what someone told me and thats why I didn't read it. I'll have to try it now though.

(PS: Love you're avatar namelessknight. :) )
Yeito

Postby VioletEyedCat » Wed May 25, 2005 8:09 pm

Namelessknight wrote:So how is for detail, nudity wise? Cause I read a chapter in some sampler, and really liked it. But with a guy at a girls school pretending to be a girl, I could see how things could really go bad. So, I guess, is it clean?

I've read throught volume 7 - and the only nudity I can remember is a non-sexual bra shot, which in itself was very chaste. And the thing is...
[SPOILER]it's not even really a bra shot because the main male character, as explained before, has to pretend to be a girl, and wears this body-suit thing to convince the villainesque character that he is a girl[/SPOILER]

The whole series I think is one of the cleanest shoujo's I've come across- I'd recommend it to anyone.

:P Smiling's not my Thing :P
VioletEyedCat

Postby Alice » Wed May 25, 2005 8:50 pm

Sounds great! I'll definitely look into it. :)

And no one dared
Alice

Postby Jasdero » Wed May 25, 2005 9:11 pm

Yeito wrote:I'm... sorry? .-. I didn't mean to make ya'll upset. I was just saying what someone told me and thats why I didn't read it. I'll have to try it now though.

o.o You didn't upset us -- not me, anyway. XD;;; I think I might have wondered the same thing if I had just seen a few panels from it and not known the full story. ^^;;;;
Jasdero

Postby Alice » Wed May 25, 2005 9:17 pm

Will someone please tell me what XD means??

And no one dared
Alice

Postby Jasdero » Wed May 25, 2005 9:18 pm

Alice wrote:Will someone please tell me what XD means??

XD!

XD = laugh.

X = closed eyes.
D = open mouth
Jasdero

Postby Alice » Wed May 25, 2005 9:22 pm

Oh... thanks. :)

Still sounds kinda strange to me, but thanks for explaining it! Now I'll know what everyone means when they say it... Maybe.

And no one dared
Alice

Postby Hoshika » Wed May 25, 2005 10:01 pm

Namelessknight wrote:So how is for detail, nudity wise? Cause I read a chapter in some sampler, and really liked it. But with a guy at a girls school pretending to be a girl, I could see how things could really go bad. So, I guess, is it clean?

LOL, He doesn't go to an all girls' school. Though he can pull off the look Makoto is a little careless and if he went to an all girl's school he would have been caught in no time flat. Stil he is no where near as careless as the girl in Hana-Kimi. I might have to take off my socks to count how many people know about her little secret, good thing they all want to watch out for her.

Um well, yes. The nudity in W Juliet. I haven't seen anything beyond Makoto with his shirt off (or in a bikini). And that boy stays pretty covered up for the most part, from the head down. If it isn't a wig he has on it's a hat.

[spoiler]This one girl does assault him and rips his shirt off in order to prove that the new female transfer student is really a boy but upon tearing open his shirt she was shocked to find he had breats which totally threw her off. Good thing she didn't take a better look to see if they were fake.[/spoiler]

Yeito wrote:I'm... sorry? .-. I didn't mean to make ya'll upset. I was just saying what someone told me and thats why I didn't read it. I'll have to try it now though.

(PS: Love you're avatar namelessknight. :) )

LOL, don't worry Yeito I wasn't angry with you and I don't think anyone else was. I'm suspecious of most T rated manga especially since a lot of the shounen ai stuff and yaoi mess is getting published in the U.S. in droves, not to ignore the high rate of hentai stuff that keeps finding it's way to the States. It's always better to ask questions and be safe rather than sorry.
Hoshika

Postby Namelessknight » Fri May 27, 2005 2:44 pm

Yeito wrote:(PS: Love you're avatar namelessknight. :) )

thankyou :)[unfortunately, as you can see, it has changed now :)]

and thanks others for all the info. I will definitely be looking into getting this, once i actually get some money[stupid TRSI sales!]

Namelessknight

Postby Alice » Fri May 27, 2005 4:14 pm

What is TRSI?

I, also, am looking into buying W Juliet now. ^-^

So, thanks everyone!

And no one dared
Alice

Postby Yeito » Fri May 27, 2005 7:08 pm

Sorry Sunako and Hoshika. I wasn't trying to accuse you of being mad. -_-; I'm sorry.

I agree with you Hoshika. There is way too much yaoi and hentai stuff gettin licensed/published. I understand that in Japanese culture its not really a big deal, but that doesn't mean that america has to go gaa-gaa over it. -_-

Sorry. I'm really tired. r_r;
Yeito

Postby Namelessknight » Fri May 27, 2005 7:38 pm

Alice wrote:What is TRSI?
!

The RightStuf International, online seller of anime, manga, etc. [url=rightstuf.com]TRSI[/url]

Namelessknight

Postby Hoshika » Sat May 28, 2005 3:35 am

[quote="Yeito"]Sorry Sunako and Hoshika. I wasn't trying to accuse you of being mad. -_-]

:poke: Hey! You're apologizing for nothing! It's easy to misunderstand things over the net, but make no mistake I'm not mad atcha.... so just take my acts of random violence as love taps. :hug: I'm not the passive aggressive type by no means. ^_^

LOL, I don't know about it being more acceptable in Japan but people there just don't hide the fact they are perverted. Hence all the "Love Hotels" you may pass by in Tokyo. >.<

Is it just me or does anyone else want to strangle Makoto? Yeah Ito is a bit hot headed but he just keeps giving her reasons to stay boiling.
Hoshika

Postby Yeito » Sat May 28, 2005 10:39 am

Well... the reason I said it was more 'acceptable' in Japan was I read a book on Japanese culture and it said that while its not like 'oh well they're gay.. whatever...' They just don't see it as big of a deal as we do. ... Am I making any sense? <.<;

Its kind of like how they have co-ed baths there. Its just... not that big of a deal. Cause they're culture is different than ours. o.o;

I'll be quiet now -x-; ........ Sorry.
Yeito

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat May 28, 2005 5:49 pm

Alot of Gender Benders weird me out (Girl Got Game), but then again, others don't bother me at all (Hana Kimi :rock: ) so I really should just go ahead and give this a try!

Thanks for the info guys and gals!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Hoshika » Sun May 29, 2005 8:26 am

[quote="Yeito"]Well... the reason I said it was more 'acceptable' in Japan was I read a book on Japanese culture and it said that while its not like 'oh well they're gay.. whatever...' They just don't see it as big of a deal as we do. ... Am I making any sense? <.<]

*Grabs Yeito and puts her in a head lock* Unless you do something like that... :lickbash: QUIT SAYING YOU'RE SORRY!

Anyway, I think we are on the same page as far as the perversion is concerned.
As for the unisex bathes.... :wow!: co-ed bathes? Huh? I know they have bath houses were men and women go but there are dividing walls and if so inclined a pervy peeper can climb up the wall and look down at the other side. ... I'm a J-fan to the core so I'll PM you to talk more about this so not to take attention away from the main topic:

Who thinks Makoto or Ito is a real hottie?

As for Mangafanatic, hehehe, welcome to the fold. :lol:
Hoshika

Postby Yeito » Mon May 30, 2005 7:18 pm

I'm sor---.....

I mean i didn't mean....

*sigh* I can't help that I apologize alot -x-; . Everyone always tells me that I do. ;-; I'm sor... <.< *sigh*

I'm not saying I'm sorry cause I think you're mad. I say it cause... cause... cause... <.<; >.>; Uhm. I... don't know? .-.;
Yeito

Postby Hoshika » Mon May 30, 2005 8:46 pm

LOL, I'm not angry. I'm just violent. Bwahahahaha. ^o^ (Like that sounds any better. -_-') You are who you are and you talk the way you talk. It just seemed like you were blaming yourself needlessly.

There is a city in Japan where a lot of homosexuals gravatate for some reason, maybe cause the people's attitudes there are more accepting of it.. kinda like a city in the U.S.

Reading the third vol. of W Juliet I started to feel sorry for Makoto.

[spoiler]Having another boy chasing after him and getting all red in the fae at the thought of sharing the same hotspring water with him. Makoto seemed a bit annoyed, but that's what happens when you go around tricking people into thinking you're woman when you're not. Still, the kid must have rocks for brains even after Makoto told him he was in a relationship he still chases him. :p [/spoiler]
Hoshika

Postby Yeito » Tue May 31, 2005 6:01 pm

o_o I went to the store... and they dont have WJuliet any more. Someone bought it all.... :waah!:
Yeito

Postby Hoshika » Tue May 31, 2005 6:36 pm

There there, you can always special order it.

How far have you gotten in the series so far?
Hoshika

Postby Yeito » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:55 am

Uhm. none. -_- you guys made it sound so good and i went to check it out and it was all gone. *sigh* I'm sorry. (_ _)
Yeito

Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews