Any furry fandomers here?

Talk about anything in here.

Any furry fandomers here?

Postby Kovyn Alander » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:57 am

Outta curiosity, I wanted to know if there were any furries here besides myself. I've seen a few but I don't want to name them out or anything and get glomped for it later. >.< If you don't know what I mean by furry, www.yerf.com is a good example of furry art and such. I know of a couple of christian artists there as well. It's a clean site, none of that other stuff that's out there. Just though I'd ask and find out.
One day an old man, Jesus and Moses were out playing golf. Moses hit the ball and it landed in a pond. Moses then raised his hands and parted the waters of the pond and struck his ball out from the bottom and walked out and the let the waters back down to normal. Jesus hit his ball and it landed in the same pond. So Jesus walked out onto the water. His ball floated up to the top and was then hit from atop the water to land on the green. The old man swung his club and hit his ball. It was headed for the same little pond but as it was about to splash down a frog appeared and swallowed the ball. At that same moment an eagle came down and snatched the frog. The eagle flew above course over to the green and dropped the frog next to the hole. The frog then spit the ball out into the hole for a hole-in-one. Jesus turned to the old man and said "Dad, if you don't quit doing that, we're not going to let you play with us anymore."

Kovyn Alander

Postby inkhana » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:27 am

I love furries...XD (I also love your av ;) ) That's a great link! I was browsing through the recent entries and it looks like there's some very talented artists there. Awesomely cute...:D I should get one of my old avs out...*goes to rummage around*

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Kovyn Alander » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:45 pm

Speaking of Av's, I seem to be making a lot of them recently. I must say I'm getting better at it. I'm going to post some avatars I just recently made for 2 friends that are going to join here. There is going to be a third as well whenever I finish it. Their av's look better than mine. I need to do another one, lol. If anyone who should read this thread wishes to have an avatar done for them by me, just ask. The avatar will more than likely be furry of course.
(making these av's is such fun, haha! =^.^=)
One day an old man, Jesus and Moses were out playing golf. Moses hit the ball and it landed in a pond. Moses then raised his hands and parted the waters of the pond and struck his ball out from the bottom and walked out and the let the waters back down to normal. Jesus hit his ball and it landed in the same pond. So Jesus walked out onto the water. His ball floated up to the top and was then hit from atop the water to land on the green. The old man swung his club and hit his ball. It was headed for the same little pond but as it was about to splash down a frog appeared and swallowed the ball. At that same moment an eagle came down and snatched the frog. The eagle flew above course over to the green and dropped the frog next to the hole. The frog then spit the ball out into the hole for a hole-in-one. Jesus turned to the old man and said "Dad, if you don't quit doing that, we're not going to let you play with us anymore."

Kovyn Alander

Postby martinloyola » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:38 pm

I have a friend who does furry art, pretty well i must say, maybe I should try him and see if he'll do me one for an av..... makes me wonder...my favorite pic he has done is of people dressed like gypsies or pirates or something...anyways, maybe I can get him to draw me some furry gypsies......
Vash: In the end...he just couldn't kill a man in cold blood. His daughter's murder goes unpunished. Call him weak, but...it saved both of us.

want to tell your fantasy or science fiction story and need help, try here :cool:

Headbangers United :rock:
martinloyola

Postby Kovyn Alander » Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:49 pm

White Tiger!! Awwww...tigers are cool, lol. I'd have one for a pet...if it was legal, heh. Furry gypsies...that sounds interesting. I may try that. I kinda forget how they dress. I may just throw something together concerning clothes on that one.

Kovyn Alander

Postby Slater » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:32 pm

sorry to gravedig, but...
Yes! I be a fur! *points to user title*
... I can't draw. But my good good friend can! here's one of the pics she drew for me for my 18th birthday... http://www.deviantart.com/view/8083911/

anyways, I hope CAA is more supportive of that. All the forums that I went to (including the one that I was a SuperMod in) were violently anti-furree. They either thought it as being waaaay to bizare or to "kiddy". Well, I can't speak for those who thought it weird... That's just a matter of taste. As for the kiddy side, believe me, it can get very maturely themed (in good and bad ways... I tend to avoid anything "yiff"ish). Ask me about some of the RPs my friends and I have done... or just check out http://www.deviantart.com/view/10011096/ or http://www.deviantart.com/view/2434722/
pic 1 is a random pic of one of my friend's characters, who just so happens to be a raccoon too. I highly recommend y'all checking out the rest of her archive (artist is very strong Christian!)
pic 2 is a picture drawn for the first part of the first fiction that I ever wrote. (cough cough http://www.fanfiction.net/~frwl cough). I highly <b>disrecomend</b> viewing any other part of Cynicallia's gallary or DA pages; do so at your own risk and realize that you probably will be offended when doing so.

so... hey, why not someone make a CAA fur guild or something?
Slater

Postby Nia-chan » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:19 pm

oh, so furries are creatures with human characteristics? i went to the yerf site the pictures are very creative x3
Don't make me hit you with my pocketbook :angel:
Nia-chan

Postby Golden_Griff » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:11 pm

I've drawn a few furries back when I was in my first stages of drawing anime. I drew furries instead of real humans because it was an excuse for me to not have to have the face and the hands and the feet to look "correct" :sweat: Maybe I'll post something later.
My art album! (Click Here!) :cool:

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Postby Slater » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:59 pm

haha, kewl!
Slater

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:05 pm

Somewhat, not a terribly hardcore fan though.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Slater » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:31 pm

well Sonic in your sig... that's furry, lol (no eggman isn't a fur)
Slater

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:55 am

Yeah, Sonic was the first console game I ever owned, and the series has been my favorite since then. (I literally own almost every old school Sonic console game I could get my hands on... I'm still keeping track on eBay for the ones I don't have... such as Chaotix, ect.)
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Golden_Griff » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:25 am

Hey I just took a look at some sample furry drawings. They're really cool! :cool: But I had to stop looking: I didn't want them to influence me when I do my own drawings :P And I didn't want to get disappointed if someone did a really cool idea before I thought about it ("aw man, why didn't I think of that first!" :bang: ) :eyeroll:
My art album! (Click Here!) :cool:

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Almost forgotten...

Postby Kovyn Alander » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:37 pm

Wow, after awhlie I had given up on seeing if anyone would reply to this thread but I stand corrected. That's cool. I also apologize for not writing back sooner. I think I may have deleted a few emails by accident pertaining to this thread. XD Anyhoo, It's a very good thing you did some "gravedigging" frwl otherwise I might not have seen who all has posted so far. And about the furry guild, I definitely like the idea. I'm up for it.:jump: Would you pm or email me with more details frwl if you think of any more?

Kovyn Alander

Postby Momus » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:01 pm

CATGIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK, so there not always furry, BUT THEY ARE CUUUUUUUUUTE! XD anywho, i love furry art!
"...our hearts are restless unless they rest in you."-Saint Augustine

"I made some cookies, but the cookies got burnt, but they're still good, but you can't have none."-Paul
Momus

Postby Gotjen » Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:34 am

furries are great :D
Gotjen

Postby Kovyn Alander » Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:33 pm

Ok, it's been awhile since I last posted...anything really. :sweat: Being in the military can do that. At least at the point I'm at right now. I've moved quite a bit for my training. My current situation doesn't allow me to access the internet so easily. :shady: Not happy about that but I can't really do anything about it. Ho hum...I want to put up some more art. I don't have a scanner this time around so It'll be a bit more difficult to draw with PSP. Anyway, I'll do what I can. Take care ya'll!

Kovyn Alander

Postby Zero One » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:23 pm

I'm not a full fledged furry myself but I do want an animatronic wolf tail, I'm a wolf person and I saw this thing on...i don't remember if it was on TLC or the Discovery Channel and it was about furries and I saw this guy who made animatronic wolf tails and I wanted one badly =( but now he only gives instructions as to how to make them. but the tiger guy kinda scared me O_O
Image"I belong to the warrior in whom the old ways have joined the new" - Katsumoto
Zero One

Postby Kovyn Alander » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:59 am

That tiger guy was just plain too far gone if you asked me. I think I know who you're talking about. Making a tail would kinda work nicely for a halloween costume.

Kovyn Alander

Postby Slater » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:53 pm

Kovyn Alander wrote:Wow, after awhlie I had given up on seeing if anyone would reply to this thread but I stand corrected. That's cool. I also apologize for not writing back sooner. I think I may have deleted a few emails by accident pertaining to this thread. XD Anyhoo, It's a very good thing you did some "gravedigging" frwl otherwise I might not have seen who all has posted so far. And about the furry guild, I definitely like the idea. I'm up for it.:jump: Would you pm or email me with more details frwl if you think of any more?

furry guild? How about this for the details... anyone who's a true-blue fur can be in it so long as they have at LEAST a full character-description of their fursona... pictures are even better! *points to sig and Kovyn's Avatar*
Slater

Postby Zero One » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:52 pm

yeah my friend is a nice good technical wizard so I'm gonna see if he'll help me construct my wolf tail.
Image"I belong to the warrior in whom the old ways have joined the new" - Katsumoto
Zero One

Postby Myoti » Wed May 25, 2005 5:25 pm

**Gravediggin**

Sorry, but I've been looking hard for something like this.
I got into the fandom from a school friend who draws awesome furries all the time.
His fur is an otter named Miles Toby Feral. :lol:
I eventually learned from his style and 'became' one myself.

Anyways, I'm bringing this back cuz I wanted to know if you guys actually went through with this 'guild' or not. I wanna join if you are!
Myoti

Postby Shia Kyosuka » Wed May 25, 2005 8:05 pm

Yep... I'm a furry. But I don't really call it a furry. I prefer Neko, Nekoguy, or Cat guy.

I'm not really widely known around here so my drawings don't get many views or comments but I upload them anyway.

heh ^_^
had enough.
Shia Kyosuka

Postby Myoti » Thu May 26, 2005 6:59 am

Hey, I like your stuff. Iz pretty gewd.

BTW, you, Shia, are kinda the one that got me into this place. I was on the GM Forum and saw your game and your pics ended up linking here! ^o^
So, I guess I should be saying thanks for that. ;D
Myoti

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu May 26, 2005 11:19 am

I was a huge Redwall fan when I was 13, which eventually led me to Yerf, where a few of my fave Redwall artists had accounts. I frequented Yerf for a while and I spent about three or four years drawing furry art. But I eventually became more interested in the Gryphon and Dragon artists on Yerf, and less so in the actual furries. I ended up following alot of my fave Yerf artists to DA, especially after Yerf crashed a while back.

Still, I do revive my old Redwall characters or draw the occasional furry from time to time. And I can think of a few Yerf artists that I'm still in awe of *cough*Nambroth*cough*
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Shia Kyosuka » Thu May 26, 2005 12:36 pm

[quote="Myoti"]Hey, I like your stuff. Iz pretty gewd.

BTW, you, Shia, are kinda the one that got me into this place. I was on the GM Forum and saw your game and your pics ended up linking here! ^o^
So, I guess I should be saying thanks for that. ]

O_O! NO WAY! Really?! That's awesome! Yeah I think I know which one you are talking about. I never did check back on that link.

Heh anyway that game is going to be started soon. Maybe even today... by myself... lol.

Oh well... It has to start with someone.
had enough.
Shia Kyosuka

Postby Myoti » Thu May 26, 2005 3:02 pm

Heh anyway that game is going to be started soon. Maybe even today... by myself... lol.

I'd help, but I don't know alot of coding and I'm not reigstered on GM6, which is really limiting, unfortunately. -__-

I know about Yerf, but everytime I went there it was down for some reason. Man, and I really wanted to see some of that stuff...
Myoti

Postby Heart of Sword » Mon May 30, 2005 4:12 pm

I'm a wolf fur. :3
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby HwaRang777 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:28 am

hey I like furry too :3. while I'm a closet furry (not b/c i'm ashamed of it, I just don't know anyone near me to talk about stuff), I was wondering if there's somekind of furry aptitude test, where you can answer questions and give you like a top 10 most likely animal you would be.
Arise now, arise, Riders of Théoden!
Dire deeds awake, dark is it eastward.
Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded
forth Eorlingas!
-from LotR

KIMCHI POWERS UNITE!
HwaRang777

Postby Slater » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:46 pm

hehehe, well since this thread came back to life, I will point out that I started the official CAA Furry club in Goof Off (it's the only place that Ashley said I could do it...), but it slid quickly back several pages with less than 10 views and no replies, and I'm not allowed to make another thread (again, Ashley's ruling that I have to limit the club to one and only one thread), so if anyone wants to join, go gravedig that thread in goofoff.
Slater

Next

Return to General