Ah My Goddess manga

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Ah My Goddess manga

Postby Kisa » Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:38 pm

Has anyone else read these? I find that most of them are really good witht the story and characters and all (this series got me into manga and into the AMG anime). It has a bit of implied things and Urd is well . . . not always . . . decent. . . Besides that I find it is a really good read and it is interesting because it is different from the anime. Just wondering about anyone elses thoughts on this . . .
^_^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Daiko-chan » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:05 pm

Yes, I've read quite a bit of Fujishima's AMG manga...it's cute and strange- a shounen romance series where there's a guy with three goddesses in the same house as him- nice character designs, and interesting characters

I think I should go and write a CAA-friendly review of the series.

As for the anime,
since the series is so long there's only a few OAV's as well as the movie. (just imagine what would happen if they tried animating the whole series from the length of the manga- that would be at least 50 eps.)

and so the OAV's just cover a bit of the series
(a couple of the tankubon)

Mara is in the OAV opening, but she doesn't make an appearance during the anime episodes themselves, neither is she in the movie.

-and there you go.

's all from me on this for now.

(by the way, uh... Urd isn't decent if she can help it since she's a half-demon and all that :p pretty much, she's the fanservice girl [this is a series marketed to guys mind you being shounen and all])
CAA-related:
[thread=11252][guidelines to CAA chat on deviantART][/thread] [daCAA]

Christian ministries:
[ApEX] [Boundless] [Focus on the Family] [Orthodoxy Today]

Daiko things:
[online shop] [some artwork at DA] [blog of a saint in training]

:thumb: GOOD totally FREE art programs:
[Art Rage] -emulates traditional media
[Pixia] -this is for digital art and photo editing...

I don't think I will ever post my own autobiographical story in the CAA's Who's Who or in the Welcome Area because as a forumite I was raised so that I should never do such a thing- I am open to change though...
Daiko-chan

Postby Kisa » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:01 am

Yeah, Urd is really the only problem I have about the series . . .
I had no clue it was aimed for guys! All the people I know who have heard about it and got me into it are girls! Oh well . . . Belldandy's still cool! I love the angels . . . . (^_^)
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Hoshika » Sat May 21, 2005 10:03 pm

I was always curious about AMG but got too hooked on other things to look into this manga at all. I had no idea it was a shounen ai manga. O_O Unlike KisaTohru I've never heard any girls give it rave reviews...
Hoshika

Postby MasterDias » Sun May 22, 2005 11:50 am

Hoshika wrote:I had no idea it was a shounen ai manga.

*coughs*
I'll just assume that "shounen ai" is a typo. The proper term is only "shounen."

Well, actually, Ah My Goddess is seinen. It was originally aimed towards men.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun May 22, 2005 6:02 pm

I read perhaps an eighth of this series, and didn't feel it necessary to read any more. Overall, I was highly unimpressed (partially due to the genre). When I skipped eight volumes, it essentially didn't make the slightest bit of difference.
uc pseudonym

Postby Hoshika » Mon May 23, 2005 1:56 am

Kinda like a soap opra huh? That can be rather irritating if you don't become a hardcore fan right away. Hmm, I think I'll see if my local library has got witht he program and if they possibly have any copies to read before I go slapping money down that could have been spent on something more interesting.

MasterDias wrote:*coughs*
I'll just assume that "shounen ai" is a typo. The proper term is only "shounen."

Well, actually, Ah My Goddess is seinen. It was originally aimed towards men.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. :)
Hoshika

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews